Found this on eBay, but dunno whether it fits the bill or whether you have seen it already.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Buying and Selling
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 70post #1036 of 64935/1/12 at 8:25amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1037 of 64935/1/12 at 9:45amNot sure what I think about Yohji directing a film. It could go either way to be honest in terms of the final outcome, I am very happy that he eels to be stretching his wings creatively more and more though. Which bodes well for the coming seasons I think (provided he doesn't get caught up with being a filmmaker and saves all the creative energy for the movie itself...).
Interesting news. I think it could be great if the movie costumes would be available as a collection in YY stores if he is putting lot of work on those.post #1038 of 64935/1/12 at 9:57amThread StarterYeah that sounds like it would be really cool .
The collection would have a very nice theme to work with as it could be inspired by the movie instead of having outfits straight out of it. That way we get the visual feast of the movie (and he gets to not inadvertently use the movie to market the next collection) and we get a great collection with thematic or just conceptual links to the movie.
I wonder what it would be about. Would be great to be surprised and end up getting a science fiction movie or comedy, hehe.post #1039 of 64935/1/12 at 11:11ampost #1040 of 64935/1/12 at 1:15pm
Well, Tom Ford´s " A single man" was a pretty good movie. Wardrobe and aesthetics wise it was great. if Yohji has a good script in his hands, he seems like the kind of person who could make a film work. He´s obviously very smart and talented, it´s just a matter of extrapolating that into the movie.post #1041 of 64935/1/12 at 1:25pm
I just posted this Y's for Men trench coat on Ebay, if anyone is interested:post #1042 of 64935/1/12 at 1:56pmpost #1043 of 64935/3/12 at 1:32pmThread StarterYeah to be honest, I have high hopes for the movie, at least from an aesthetic standpoint (cinematography etc.) as Yohji obviously has a good eye based on the photographers he has worked with in the past. Worst case scenario, it will turn out like Daft Punk's Electroma which was great visually and had great music but was not so hot as a film.
Speaking of movies and Yohji. I thought I would post some clips from Wim Wenders' movie, Until the End of the World for which Yohji apparently did over 500 costumes for! From traditional Japanese costumes to the more usual deconstructed Western suits and so on from Yohji's repertoire, very nice outfits from what I have seen so far. Haven't seen the film itself though.
Longer clips:post #1044 of 64935/3/12 at 2:45pmpost #1045 of 64935/6/12 at 4:09amThread StarterQuote:
It certainly does. It's very likely as well. Yohji is not credited as the costume designer on the film so it is possible that he really just designed a lot of costumes for the movie at the direction or request of Wim Wenders and the costume designer while they still got pieces from other designers to round it all off. It's also possible they just used clothes from his line in the movie. Really like quite a few of the jackets in the clips above. Shame there's so little info out there about things like this with regards to Yohji.
I saw a painting Yohji did in the Paris flagship store when I visited a few weeks ago. Found a photo of it via Flickr -
He is reminding me a lot of Takeshi Kitano right now actually. Would be cool if he got him to help out with his first cinematic endeavor behind the camera. Hehe.post #1046 of 64935/6/12 at 4:26amThread StarterAnother Filep Motwary photo from Hyeres 2012.
Also, some video of the Hyeres 2012 exhibitions. Yohji has a small section near the beginning and they show some of his clothing that they are exhibiting.
If anybody is interested in having a look at the Hyeres 2012 fashion show have a look here.
Edited by Ivwri - 5/6/12 at 5:36ampost #1047 of 64935/6/12 at 11:30amI never really thought I'd do this, but...I totally just sniped a yohji suit off the 'bay. Now to hope it fits, length-wise (for summer, at least).
Something about the YY elegance is really attractive, lately. Ivwri, I also jocked your steeze and bought a pair of marsell slip-ons to wear with loose summer stuff. Hopefully they work out, too. You guys are killing me.post #1048 of 64935/6/12 at 1:27pmCame across a cute little nugget in David Foster Wallace's "The Suffering Channel" today:Quote:There was also something just perfect about the editorial intern's jacket's asymmetrical cut, both incongruous and yet somehow inevitable, which was why Yamamoto was generally felt to be worth every penny. At the same time, it was common knowledge that there was something in the process or chemicals used in commercial dry cleaning that was unfriendly to Yamamoto's particular fabrics, and that they never lay or hung or felt quite so perfect after they'd been dry cleaned a couple times; so there was always a kernel of tragedy to the pleasure of wearing Yamamoto, which may have been a deeper part of its value.post #1049 of 64935/6/12 at 1:53pmpost #1050 of 64935/6/12 at 2:04pm
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › Bourbon. 5 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - EG CARMINA GG FOSTER RUTHERFORDS - Official... 6 minutes ago
- › Shopping in Munich, Nuremburg, Frankfurt, and/or Heidelberg 7 minutes ago
- › BNWT MMM Buffalo Leather Cuban Heel Boots - 41 7 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell Blazer Coat 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 9 minutes ago
- › Barbour Commander (L) 9 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 10 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu Ribbed Sleeve Blazer Size 44 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories