Found this on eBay, but dunno whether it fits the bill or whether you have seen it already.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pants - Smaller Sizes - AnnD. RLPL. +J Tim Hamilton LVC Yohji J.Crew Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:48pm in Marketplace
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) - Page 70
Styleforum Top Picks
Interesting news. I think it could be great if the movie costumes would be available as a collection in YY stores if he is putting lot of work on those.
The collection would have a very nice theme to work with as it could be inspired by the movie instead of having outfits straight out of it. That way we get the visual feast of the movie (and he gets to not inadvertently use the movie to market the next collection) and we get a great collection with thematic or just conceptual links to the movie.
I wonder what it would be about. Would be great to be surprised and end up getting a science fiction movie or comedy, hehe.
Well, Tom Ford´s " A single man" was a pretty good movie. Wardrobe and aesthetics wise it was great. if Yohji has a good script in his hands, he seems like the kind of person who could make a film work. He´s obviously very smart and talented, it´s just a matter of extrapolating that into the movie.
I just posted this Y's for Men trench coat on Ebay, if anyone is interested:
Speaking of movies and Yohji. I thought I would post some clips from Wim Wenders' movie, Until the End of the World for which Yohji apparently did over 500 costumes for! From traditional Japanese costumes to the more usual deconstructed Western suits and so on from Yohji's repertoire, very nice outfits from what I have seen so far. Haven't seen the film itself though.
It certainly does. It's very likely as well. Yohji is not credited as the costume designer on the film so it is possible that he really just designed a lot of costumes for the movie at the direction or request of Wim Wenders and the costume designer while they still got pieces from other designers to round it all off. It's also possible they just used clothes from his line in the movie. Really like quite a few of the jackets in the clips above. Shame there's so little info out there about things like this with regards to Yohji.
I saw a painting Yohji did in the Paris flagship store when I visited a few weeks ago. Found a photo of it via Flickr -
He is reminding me a lot of Takeshi Kitano right now actually. Would be cool if he got him to help out with his first cinematic endeavor behind the camera. Hehe.
Also, some video of the Hyeres 2012 exhibitions. Yohji has a small section near the beginning and they show some of his clothing that they are exhibiting.
If anybody is interested in having a look at the Hyeres 2012 fashion show have a look here.
Edited by Ivwri - 5/6/12 at 5:36am
Something about the YY elegance is really attractive, lately. Ivwri, I also jocked your steeze and bought a pair of marsell slip-ons to wear with loose summer stuff. Hopefully they work out, too. You guys are killing me.
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)
- › Silicon Valley (HBO) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden x Need Supply Co 'Union Hill' Indy Boot (Tan Suede / Commando... 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 26 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 29 minutes ago
- › Plain/ off white t shirt or polo shirt with odd non-worsted wool... 31 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 34 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 35 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 38 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan