• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where can I find a good Suit Tailor in Los Angeles area?

RLiu818

Reaction score
I just got a new suit and I want it tailored to be more form-fitting. Where can I find a good tailor in Los Angeles area?

I have tried yellow pages but I have no idea who is good. Can anyone help?

Thanks

mfj20th

Reaction score
Go see Paul at Wilshire Tailors on Mid-Wilshire...I have been using him for 20+ years...tell him Matt sent you.

RLiu818

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mfj20th
Go see Paul at Wilshire Tailors on Mid-Wilshire...I have been using him for 20+ years...tell him Matt sent you.

do you have an address or website?

if anyone else has any recommendations please feel free to share.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Charles the Tailor at Olympic and Lapeer.

martan

Reaction score
The Golden Needle Tailoring at 2044 Hillhurst Ave., in Los Feliz, is the best I have seen. [323/666-3365]

modmica

Reaction score
I have recently taken a number of items to Enzo Caruso in Santa Monica on Ocean Park. I think he is very good and I recommend him.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I have used Paul and Charles. Both are good (and nice guys), although I prefer Charles for more complicated alterations. (No experience with Enzo Caruso, although others here have spoken well of him.)
Paul's shop is called "Wilshire Tailors" (or maybe "Wilshire Tailor", not sure). He's around the 5400 block of Wilshire or so, in the Museum Row area, a little bit east of Crescent Heights, on the north side of the street. He's next door to Quizno's, just a bit east of McDonald's.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
He's next door to Quizno's, just a bit east of McDonald's.

In other words, eat before you go; otherwise you'll be back before leaving the parking lot.

dnvl

Reaction score
I've used Murat's in Beverly Hills. I personally like his work; has anyone else used him?

RLiu818

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Charles the Tailor at Olympic and Lapeer.

Can anyone confirm is Charles is still in business? Because a 2 year old thread on this forum talked about Charles retiring in 1.5 years.

Just wanted to confirm before i drive down to LA.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've used him pretty recently - like 6 months ago at most. Maybe "Charles" retired, but the old dude that runs the place (I think he's German, not named Charles) is the only guy I've dealt with. He knows his business.

dnvl

Reaction score
Hey there,

This is a bump; anyone have experience with Murat's in Beverly Hills they'd like to share? I'm trying to find a tailoring/alterations business I'd like to start a longer relationship with.

Thanks in advance!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I've used him pretty recently - like 6 months ago at most. Maybe "Charles" retired, but the old dude that runs the place (I think he's German, not named Charles) is the only guy I've dealt with. He knows his business.
No, that is Charles. He's actually from Australia or New Zealand originally, I'm pretty sure. But he played professional soccer in Germany before coming to the U.S. (where I think he played for the old LA Aztecs). I may have that reversed, though - he could have been born in Germany and played soccer down under before coming here.
But anyway, that's Charles, and he was still in business as of a week or so ago when I picked up a suit on which he did a terrific job. Olympic & LaPeer, on the second floor of the mini-mall on the south side of the street.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Paul at Wilshire Tailor before, and he does great work. I'm a 50, and he made 52s fit me like a dream. I just bought a new suit, and for convenience sake I had Neimans do the alterations (I was there, and the alterations were minimal), but if buying at a discount store, or doing something complex, Paul is fantastic.

RLiu818

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
No, that is Charles. He's actually from Australia or New Zealand originally, I'm pretty sure. But he played professional soccer in Germany before coming to the U.S. (where I think he played for the old LA Aztecs). I may have that reversed, though - he could have been born in Germany and played soccer down under before coming here.
But anyway, that's Charles, and he was still in business as of a week or so ago when I picked up a suit on which he did a terrific job. Olympic & LaPeer, on the second floor of the mini-mall on the south side of the street.

How much should I expect to pay for him to do a full alteration? What price range should I expect?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads