or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cheapest place for C&Js?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheapest place for C&Js?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
My apologies if this has been discussed recently, a few searches didn't turn up any definitive answer. I'm looking to pick up a pair of handgrade line and was curious where the current lowest price was to have to shipped to the U.S.--is it still PLAL? Pediwear? Is there some other source where they can be had for less than $475? Any SF discounts out there?

Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 19

$475 sounds like pre 2008 pricing...  It's closer to $700 at the current rates.  Inflation FTW.

post #3 of 19
handgrades are about $600 at bodileys in northhampton
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

handgrades are about $600 at bodileys in northhampton


w/o trees.

post #5 of 19

good news for y'all

 

I'm pretty sure the prices direct from C&J will not be routinely bettered anywhere else online, other than if there is a retailer who is having a sale of old stock. I am quite sure that the availability and service direct from C&J will not be bettered. Demand is too high for them to logically allow the product to be shifted in volume through other channels at lower prices.

 

For example the Weymouth which appears to be shoe of the hour, is priced as follows:

 

C&J - £425

Bodileys - £468

WeSellShoes.com - £425

Pediwear - £425

Barneys $760 
 

 

Note that for Mexicans, Canadans, and those from all points in between, the C&J prices are including VAT and excluding shipping. For example, the example above is £425 less the 20%VAT + £30 shipping = GBP384/USD599

 

ie less than I would pay in the UK store, and even more less if you are shipping more than one pair at at time.

 

Full current price list copied below for reference.

 

CJ-price-small1.jpg

 

CJ-price-small2.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #6 of 19

P Lal is not getting any new C&J's in. When their current stock is gone, that's it. Great pricing if they have your size and style.

post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post

good news for y'all

I'm pretty sure the prices direct from C&J will not be routinely bettered anywhere else online, other than if there is a retailer who is having a sale of old stock. I am quite sure that the availability and service direct from C&J will not be bettered. Demand is too high for them to logically allow the product to be shifted in volume through other channels at lower prices.

For example the Weymouth which appears to be shoe of the hour, is priced as follows:

C&J - £425
Bodileys - £468
WeSellShoes.com - £425
Pediwear - £425
Barneys $760 

 

Note that for Mexicans, Canadans, and those from all points in between, the C&J prices are including VAT and excluding shipping. For example, the example above is £425 less the 20%VAT + £30 shipping = GBP384/USD599

ie less than I would pay in the UK store, and even more less if you are shipping more than one pair at at time.

Full current price list copied below for reference.

Thanks for the post. This confirmed what I thought.
post #8 of 19
Pediwear etc. only beat C&J themselves on postage costs.

However C&J will always have better stock levels than other retailers.
post #9 of 19
CJ handgrades are almost at Vass levels.

599 + tress vs 725 for Vass incl trees

Ascot shoes has listed some new Vass for 495 GBP and if you email him directly is offering them at 379 GBP (ex VAT) without trees plus shipping. For US delivery, they should cost aroud 410 GBP vs 384 GBP for CJ HGs.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

CJ handgrades are almost at Vass levels.
599 + tress vs 725 for Vass incl trees
Ascot shoes has listed some new Vass for 495 GBP and if you email him directly is offering them at 379 GBP (ex VAT) without trees plus shipping. For US delivery, they should cost aroud 410 GBP vs 384 GBP for CJ HGs.


They carries mostly U last for Vass and other lasts are MTO. 

 

post #11 of 19
Interesting, the handgrades direct from C&J include trees but those bought at the stores do not? (I know the NYC store didn't offer them with the shoes...)
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiego View Post

Interesting, the handgrades direct from C&J include trees but those bought at the stores do not? (I know the NYC store didn't offer them with the shoes...)
If you're referring to what aj_del said, he means that C&J does NOT include trees.
post #13 of 19
Got it, I misunderstood.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

CJ handgrades are almost at Vass levels.
599 + tress vs 725 for Vass incl trees
Ascot shoes has listed some new Vass for 495 GBP and if you email him directly is offering them at 379 GBP (ex VAT) without trees plus shipping. For US delivery, they should cost aroud 410 GBP vs 384 GBP for CJ HGs.

isn't it cheaper to buy directly vom vass? w/o trees is an useless transaction, imo

transferred it to the vass thread...
Edited by fritzl - 12/20/11 at 10:53pm
post #15 of 19
I was trying to compare apples to apples

For a US customer, as a member mentioned, HGs cost 599. I assume that trees are extra since I have never seen trees included in CJ prices. In comparison to HG's 599 plus trees, you can get MTO Vass (which includes lasted trees) for 700 plus paypal fees

Regarding Asot Shoes, he has listed some new Vass on F last for 495 GBP which is around 100 GBP less than what used to list them at. Plus he can give VAT refund of 20% on the new VAss. I corresponded with for his best price and he quoted 379 GBP plus trees plus shipping. In this case, I assumed around 30 GBP shipping, so 410 total without trees. In comparison, HGs would cost 384 GBP (as mentioned by a member) and to my knowledge the HGs are also without trees.

BTW, Ascot claims to be able to supply shoe trees for Vass.

Solid wood U-LASTED shoe trees are extra at £39.95 + Shipping

I am sounding like Ascot Shoe's spokesperson, but I dont hold his brief. I bought a G&G from him on ebay and it couldnt go through as he was not able to deduct VAT on that and he asked for 76 GBP shipping to India. I declined.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cheapest place for C&Js?