Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Shirt + Blazer Fit Right? Last post on 6/10/12 at 9:55am in Classic Menswear
- SNS Herning, Band of Outsiders, Engineered Garments, L.L. Bean 05/11 Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:52pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Engineered Garments SS12 - Page 57post #841 of 10416/5/12 at 1:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 10416/6/12 at 8:23ampost #843 of 10416/6/12 at 8:24ampost #844 of 10416/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
i have this jacket, amazing material, incredibly light, incredibly soft, doesn't feel like a denim jacket, nor look like one either. I got the matching trouser too [Fenway] both look amazing together or with other garments. Hope this helps. Good luck.post #845 of 10416/6/12 at 5:35pmpost #846 of 10416/6/12 at 6:26pmpost #847 of 10416/6/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
really nice. the dayton looks more substantial there, if that makes any sense. i kind of want to get one and wear it almost like a visvim llahmo, just something to throw over everything.
anyway, nice fit, begs for better shoes tho.post #848 of 10416/6/12 at 7:23pmWeird shop. Kind of like the bizarro world of retail, where you can only get an item, if you really really want it. Had to leave them 2 messages and a few emails before they even got back to me. Once the transaction went through, I was billed twice. Emailed them a few times about it too, but no answer. A few weeks later, looking at my CC statement, I saw that they had finally refunded me. Don't think they really care.post #849 of 10416/6/12 at 9:50pmpost #850 of 10416/7/12 at 8:17ampost #851 of 10416/7/12 at 9:37ampost #852 of 10416/7/12 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by TWorksheets
Just thought I'd cross post this from the WAYWT thread. This season's Dayton shirt and Fatigue shorts. Both awesome pieces that are pushing me towards wanting to wear all EG, all the time. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice man, make sure you x-post to the EG fit thread as wellpost #853 of 10416/7/12 at 4:07pmpost #854 of 10416/8/12 at 12:13amQuote:
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.post #855 of 10416/8/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by superego
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.
It's not easy to answer this opinion you have posted about the price.
My English is not the best, but I try to give my point of view.
As I work in fashion Industry, I think that not only details or the cut that make the value of EG items.
In my 25 yrs experience in fashion industry as designer I have to say that beside the final price of an item there's much more than the the fabric or workmanship.
There's the quality of the brand, and the market position on him, the're's the experience and the story of the designer, theres is also the costs to acquire, store, manage and study over the archives, the items for research, the trip to be inspired and so on.
You don't pay only a product, but what the product represent in his whole manufacturing: from the designer idea, to the last passage from the shop to you hand.
What I can say about EG garments is that the fabrics are very higher in quality, take for example the reverse satin of your trouser (that I have too) this heavy duty sateen is very difficult to find in the market, it may last a whole life, the grade of the cotton is superior.
Or the lining that EG use inside their jacket and trousers: it is made in a special type of cotton, it seems a normal twill but is not.
The stitching: this detail is the real value of the EG garments. Look the stitches in the corner of your fatigue short and see how the yarn design the "corner".
Construction of the garments are also very expensive: check the numbers and the position of bartacks in some styles (like the Cruiser jacket) each one need a special operation and of course this is translated in costs.
But theres' so many other detail we can talk about.
Also I say about the value of the brand.
It's clear that never like those last years EG is growing in the best shop of the worlds and also this value going to make the items expensive, because the lark up of the shops are not so low, and I agree with them cause the costs in managing a shop are very very higher.
So, in my personal opinion, yes, you right to say that some pieces of the collection are higher priced, for example some shirts... or shorts (maybe) but there are some other items that worth more than their price, compared to some other brand that make production in far east and cost exactly the same (or more) of EG.... that is New York made.
- Engineered Garments SS12
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...