Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shirt + Blazer Fit Right? Last post on 6/10/12 at 9:55am in Classic Menswear
- SNS Herning, Band of Outsiders, Engineered Garments, L.L. Bean 05/11 Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:52pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Vineyard Vines! Last post on 6/17/13 at 3:42pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to a casual interview? Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:03pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Engineered Garments SS12 - Page 57post #841 of 10416/5/12 at 1:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 10416/6/12 at 8:23ampost #843 of 10416/6/12 at 8:24ampost #844 of 10416/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
i have this jacket, amazing material, incredibly light, incredibly soft, doesn't feel like a denim jacket, nor look like one either. I got the matching trouser too [Fenway] both look amazing together or with other garments. Hope this helps. Good luck.post #845 of 10416/6/12 at 5:35pmpost #846 of 10416/6/12 at 6:26pmpost #847 of 10416/6/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
really nice. the dayton looks more substantial there, if that makes any sense. i kind of want to get one and wear it almost like a visvim llahmo, just something to throw over everything.
anyway, nice fit, begs for better shoes tho.post #848 of 10416/6/12 at 7:23pmWeird shop. Kind of like the bizarro world of retail, where you can only get an item, if you really really want it. Had to leave them 2 messages and a few emails before they even got back to me. Once the transaction went through, I was billed twice. Emailed them a few times about it too, but no answer. A few weeks later, looking at my CC statement, I saw that they had finally refunded me. Don't think they really care.post #849 of 10416/6/12 at 9:50pmpost #850 of 10416/7/12 at 8:17ampost #851 of 10416/7/12 at 9:37ampost #852 of 10416/7/12 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by TWorksheets
Just thought I'd cross post this from the WAYWT thread. This season's Dayton shirt and Fatigue shorts. Both awesome pieces that are pushing me towards wanting to wear all EG, all the time. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice man, make sure you x-post to the EG fit thread as wellpost #853 of 10416/7/12 at 4:07pmpost #854 of 10416/8/12 at 12:13amQuote:
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.post #855 of 10416/8/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by superego
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.
It's not easy to answer this opinion you have posted about the price.
My English is not the best, but I try to give my point of view.
As I work in fashion Industry, I think that not only details or the cut that make the value of EG items.
In my 25 yrs experience in fashion industry as designer I have to say that beside the final price of an item there's much more than the the fabric or workmanship.
There's the quality of the brand, and the market position on him, the're's the experience and the story of the designer, theres is also the costs to acquire, store, manage and study over the archives, the items for research, the trip to be inspired and so on.
You don't pay only a product, but what the product represent in his whole manufacturing: from the designer idea, to the last passage from the shop to you hand.
What I can say about EG garments is that the fabrics are very higher in quality, take for example the reverse satin of your trouser (that I have too) this heavy duty sateen is very difficult to find in the market, it may last a whole life, the grade of the cotton is superior.
Or the lining that EG use inside their jacket and trousers: it is made in a special type of cotton, it seems a normal twill but is not.
The stitching: this detail is the real value of the EG garments. Look the stitches in the corner of your fatigue short and see how the yarn design the "corner".
Construction of the garments are also very expensive: check the numbers and the position of bartacks in some styles (like the Cruiser jacket) each one need a special operation and of course this is translated in costs.
But theres' so many other detail we can talk about.
Also I say about the value of the brand.
It's clear that never like those last years EG is growing in the best shop of the worlds and also this value going to make the items expensive, because the lark up of the shops are not so low, and I agree with them cause the costs in managing a shop are very very higher.
So, in my personal opinion, yes, you right to say that some pieces of the collection are higher priced, for example some shirts... or shorts (maybe) but there are some other items that worth more than their price, compared to some other brand that make production in far east and cost exactly the same (or more) of EG.... that is New York made.
- Engineered Garments SS12
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › lasts and bespoke shoe makers 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 9 minutes ago
- › Sell CVV ( NO SCAM ) From VNC , Sell UK Bin , US,Europe,Inter... 14 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 24 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 26 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 27 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...