Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Shirt + Blazer Fit Right? Last post on 6/10/12 at 9:55am in Classic Menswear
- SNS Herning, Band of Outsiders, Engineered Garments, L.L. Bean 05/11 Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:52pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Engineered Garments SS12 - Page 57post #841 of 10416/5/12 at 1:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 10416/6/12 at 8:23ampost #843 of 10416/6/12 at 8:24ampost #844 of 10416/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
i have this jacket, amazing material, incredibly light, incredibly soft, doesn't feel like a denim jacket, nor look like one either. I got the matching trouser too [Fenway] both look amazing together or with other garments. Hope this helps. Good luck.post #845 of 10416/6/12 at 5:35pmpost #846 of 10416/6/12 at 6:26pmpost #847 of 10416/6/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
really nice. the dayton looks more substantial there, if that makes any sense. i kind of want to get one and wear it almost like a visvim llahmo, just something to throw over everything.
anyway, nice fit, begs for better shoes tho.post #848 of 10416/6/12 at 7:23pmWeird shop. Kind of like the bizarro world of retail, where you can only get an item, if you really really want it. Had to leave them 2 messages and a few emails before they even got back to me. Once the transaction went through, I was billed twice. Emailed them a few times about it too, but no answer. A few weeks later, looking at my CC statement, I saw that they had finally refunded me. Don't think they really care.post #849 of 10416/6/12 at 9:50pmpost #850 of 10416/7/12 at 8:17ampost #851 of 10416/7/12 at 9:37ampost #852 of 10416/7/12 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by TWorksheets
Just thought I'd cross post this from the WAYWT thread. This season's Dayton shirt and Fatigue shorts. Both awesome pieces that are pushing me towards wanting to wear all EG, all the time. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice man, make sure you x-post to the EG fit thread as wellpost #853 of 10416/7/12 at 4:07pmpost #854 of 10416/8/12 at 12:13amQuote:
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.post #855 of 10416/8/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by superego
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.
It's not easy to answer this opinion you have posted about the price.
My English is not the best, but I try to give my point of view.
As I work in fashion Industry, I think that not only details or the cut that make the value of EG items.
In my 25 yrs experience in fashion industry as designer I have to say that beside the final price of an item there's much more than the the fabric or workmanship.
There's the quality of the brand, and the market position on him, the're's the experience and the story of the designer, theres is also the costs to acquire, store, manage and study over the archives, the items for research, the trip to be inspired and so on.
You don't pay only a product, but what the product represent in his whole manufacturing: from the designer idea, to the last passage from the shop to you hand.
What I can say about EG garments is that the fabrics are very higher in quality, take for example the reverse satin of your trouser (that I have too) this heavy duty sateen is very difficult to find in the market, it may last a whole life, the grade of the cotton is superior.
Or the lining that EG use inside their jacket and trousers: it is made in a special type of cotton, it seems a normal twill but is not.
The stitching: this detail is the real value of the EG garments. Look the stitches in the corner of your fatigue short and see how the yarn design the "corner".
Construction of the garments are also very expensive: check the numbers and the position of bartacks in some styles (like the Cruiser jacket) each one need a special operation and of course this is translated in costs.
But theres' so many other detail we can talk about.
Also I say about the value of the brand.
It's clear that never like those last years EG is growing in the best shop of the worlds and also this value going to make the items expensive, because the lark up of the shops are not so low, and I agree with them cause the costs in managing a shop are very very higher.
So, in my personal opinion, yes, you right to say that some pieces of the collection are higher priced, for example some shirts... or shorts (maybe) but there are some other items that worth more than their price, compared to some other brand that make production in far east and cost exactly the same (or more) of EG.... that is New York made.
- Engineered Garments SS12
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 27 seconds ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 mantras for love In Jaipur 55 seconds ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 vashikaran services In Jaipur 1 minute ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 astrology vashikaran specialist In Jaipur 1 minute ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 online vashikaran specialist In Jaipur 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 1 minute ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 free vashikaran specialist In Jaipur 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 best vashikaran specialist baba ji In Jaipur 2 minutes ago
- › ~!!#!!~ 7073347120 husband vashikaran specialist In Jaipur 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan