Context received their SS12 EG stuff I guess, not online yet but it's in store. I'll be heading down there tonight to check it out, looking forward to seeing some of this stuff in person. Just wish I wasn't so broke right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shirt + Blazer Fit Right? Last post on 6/10/12 at 9:55am in Classic Menswear
- SNS Herning, Band of Outsiders, Engineered Garments, L.L. Bean 05/11 Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:52pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Vineyard Vines! Last post on 6/17/13 at 3:42pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to a casual interview? Last post on 2/26/08 at 9:03pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Engineered Garments SS12 - Page 8
Styleforum Top Picks
can you comment on the fit of the Baker Jacket in Navy cotton twill yet? Is it similar to the Wool flannel one from last winter? I'm always between M and L in EG jackets, so I thought you could give me some fit advise. I like my jackets to fit normal - not too fitted or relaxed.
I've tried on the Baker Jacket, it fits small compared to the Bedford. I usually wear, this past season at least, a size large in the Bedford. For this seasons Baker, I would have to wear an XL. I am a 42 in a Sport Jacket. The Baker is a fitted jacket. I like this jacket a lot and was very happy to see it reintroduced after its hiatus.
Thanks for your patience in advance!
Edited by CSCoHammers7 - 1/13/12 at 3:46pm
Workshirts are fitting slim this season, slimmer than last SS I, but just by a little. Definitely more slim than FW this past season. Chambray is nice, reminds me of the fabric from a few years back. Natural colored workshirt looks amazing too. Fabric is fairly light weight, reminds me a little of a linen type fabric but with the more substantial feel of cotton (and it is 100% cotton, I checked). Even a little more slim than the chambray I though, but really a great shirt. I would probably have to size up to an XL in that one though. Didn't try on the plaid workshirt but looked really nice in person. Fabric was very light, definitely a good summer shirt. Feels slightly more substantial than the plaid workshirts from SS11 though which had a very unique lightweight fabric. They had a couple nice tab-collars as well, one in a tattersal and one in a pretty sweet floral. Not sure I could pull it off, but for those who can it's a nice shirt.
Thanks for the report!
From what I have read we have a substantial upgrade on materials, and a down-size on the fit.
Very happy for the materiale, I'm pleased to pay more for the material improving (and I have to say that I never be disappointed with EG materials and the good price/quality balance of the product, especially compared to other brands) what I'm scared is the fits.
I am an XL on the tops, and from what you say, the y downgrade the fitting by one size...I'm worry to not find the right fit for me, XXL is probably the upgrade in size, but in this way, the sleeve risk to be very longer (in effect XL sleeve is longer for me, event if the chest is correct) so I hope to have the opportunity to try some piece before to buy.
Usually I purchase on line form the Bureau, TresBienShop, OipOlloi, cause in Italy EG is not so easy to find and also is not so easy to find good selection from the buyers, they limit the purchase only to very commercial and not too expensive pieces and avoid the most interesting (like the Shooting Jacket, or the florals, ecc.) so even if you can find something there... is not so attractive.
I think this SS will be a little more tricky for me, need to try well the items before to purchase...
- Engineered Garments SS12
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 38 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gucci, Generic Man, Doc Martens size 40 2 minutes ago
- › Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for... 3 minutes ago
- › The UK is THE BEST country EVER and anybody who isn't an Anglophile... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw