Context received their SS12 EG stuff I guess, not online yet but it's in store. I'll be heading down there tonight to check it out, looking forward to seeing some of this stuff in person. Just wish I wasn't so broke right now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Shirt + Blazer Fit Right? Last post on 6/10/12 at 9:55am in Classic Menswear
- SNS Herning, Band of Outsiders, Engineered Garments, L.L. Bean 05/11 Last post on 5/11/11 at 11:52pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 4-25 Price Drops on Kiton (suit and shirt) Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:20am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Engineered Garments SS12 - Page 8post #106 of 10411/13/12 at 6:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 10411/13/12 at 8:08amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by HuggyGiraffe
can you comment on the fit of the Baker Jacket in Navy cotton twill yet? Is it similar to the Wool flannel one from last winter? I'm always between M and L in EG jackets, so I thought you could give me some fit advise. I like my jackets to fit normal - not too fitted or relaxed.
I've tried on the Baker Jacket, it fits small compared to the Bedford. I usually wear, this past season at least, a size large in the Bedford. For this seasons Baker, I would have to wear an XL. I am a 42 in a Sport Jacket. The Baker is a fitted jacket. I like this jacket a lot and was very happy to see it reintroduced after its hiatus.post #108 of 10411/13/12 at 3:23pmHey everyone, just a heads up- Gary will be out of the store until Tuesday. My name is Steven and I'm a sales associate at Drinkwater's. Pleasure to meet you all! If anyone needs any help regarding measurements or anything of the like, I will try my best to field any questions until he returns. Feel free to PM me.
Thanks for your patience in advance!
Edited by CSCoHammers7 - 1/13/12 at 3:46pmpost #109 of 10411/13/12 at 5:31pmJust got back from Context to check out their SS12 buys. Some great stuff this season. My favorite is the Douglas shirt and the Shooting Jacket. Both fantastic pieces. I'll actually be picking up the Douglas shirt in the khaki color, they are holding onto one for me. Casual fit, I'm usually a large in EG and I could fit a large over my Gitman oxford I was wearing but it also worked over just a t-shirt. Could have sized down to a medium if not for the chest (shoulders plenty wide, as was the stomach area). Very nice and sturdy feeling cotton fabric, lots of nice details. Wasn't real excited about this shirt from the picture, had to see it and touch it in person to really appreciate it. Shooting jacket has a fantastic fit, but it's slim. Had to size up to an XL in that one but loved the fit sized up. If I could afford it I would have picked up the navy one without hesitation.
Workshirts are fitting slim this season, slimmer than last SS I, but just by a little. Definitely more slim than FW this past season. Chambray is nice, reminds me of the fabric from a few years back. Natural colored workshirt looks amazing too. Fabric is fairly light weight, reminds me a little of a linen type fabric but with the more substantial feel of cotton (and it is 100% cotton, I checked). Even a little more slim than the chambray I though, but really a great shirt. I would probably have to size up to an XL in that one though. Didn't try on the plaid workshirt but looked really nice in person. Fabric was very light, definitely a good summer shirt. Feels slightly more substantial than the plaid workshirts from SS11 though which had a very unique lightweight fabric. They had a couple nice tab-collars as well, one in a tattersal and one in a pretty sweet floral. Not sure I could pull it off, but for those who can it's a nice shirt.post #110 of 10411/13/12 at 5:46pmpost #111 of 10411/13/12 at 6:13pmpost #112 of 10411/13/12 at 6:36pmpost #113 of 10411/13/12 at 7:39pmpost #114 of 10411/13/12 at 7:43pmpost #115 of 10411/13/12 at 7:49pmpost #116 of 10411/13/12 at 7:49pmpost #117 of 10411/13/12 at 8:00pmpost #118 of 10411/13/12 at 8:18pmNo on the fatigue pants, and I don't think they are doing the shorts either. They are doing the Fenway pant, but I didn't see them. Not sure if they arrived yet. Wish they were doing the fatigue, really interested in those. Friend saw them at Nepenthes today and said fabric is light but substantial. Really want to see them in person before commiting to $235.post #119 of 10411/14/12 at 12:25am
Thanks for the report!
From what I have read we have a substantial upgrade on materials, and a down-size on the fit.
Very happy for the materiale, I'm pleased to pay more for the material improving (and I have to say that I never be disappointed with EG materials and the good price/quality balance of the product, especially compared to other brands) what I'm scared is the fits.
I am an XL on the tops, and from what you say, the y downgrade the fitting by one size...I'm worry to not find the right fit for me, XXL is probably the upgrade in size, but in this way, the sleeve risk to be very longer (in effect XL sleeve is longer for me, event if the chest is correct) so I hope to have the opportunity to try some piece before to buy.
Usually I purchase on line form the Bureau, TresBienShop, OipOlloi, cause in Italy EG is not so easy to find and also is not so easy to find good selection from the buyers, they limit the purchase only to very commercial and not too expensive pieces and avoid the most interesting (like the Shooting Jacket, or the florals, ecc.) so even if you can find something there... is not so attractive.
I think this SS will be a little more tricky for me, need to try well the items before to purchase...
- Engineered Garments SS12
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › The Look goes on... 56 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › Grail suits - E Zegna Su Misura 40r - SAV fit 7 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?