or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Years Eve attire: Share with us!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Years Eve attire: Share with us! - Page 2

post #16 of 54
Yes, of course, it's New Year's Eve. But will you be attending a party, a larger function, a ball at the orchestra? Just curious. Myself, I'd love to to go white tie for NYE, but it would be ludicrous at the party I'm attending.
post #17 of 54
No, I wont be attending a specific party. Just hitting the town.
post #18 of 54
Party at my Country club, will be there in black tie. Brooks Golden Fleece, 1btn peak lapel tux.
post #19 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by EriQ009 View Post

Myself, I'd love to to go white tie for NYE, but it would be ludicrous at the party I'm attending.

Thats the whole point of New Years, people will assume that you are either coming from or going to something much more important biggrin.gif
post #20 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post

Thats the whole point of New Years, people will assume that you are either coming from or going to something much more important biggrin.gif

Unless its 11:59 nod[1].gif
post #21 of 54
White tie at Holly Jolly Mocha is a StyFo tradition.
post #22 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

White tie at Holly Jolly Mocha is a StyFo tradition.

lol8[1].gif
post #23 of 54
That's a good approach to dressing up for New Year's. With that in mind, there would be no such thing as arriving overdressed. I quite like it.

I am attending a smaller party of no more than twenty friends. No dress code per se, but most everyone makes some effort to dress nicely. I will probably wear a white dinner jacket, one button, shawl collar. Black velvet butterfly bow tie. I realize a white dinner jacket in December breaks with protocol, but I'm comfortable bending this rule with our mild desert winter. There is also something inherently wintry to me about the off-white/cream color of the jacket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post

Thats the whole point of New Years, people will assume that you are either coming from or going to something much more important biggrin.gif
post #24 of 54
I'm celebrating the only way the New Year should be celebrated according to my Wiccan order: in the nude.
post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I'm celebrating the only way the New Year should be celebrated according to my Wiccan order: in the nude.

A little late for that. Wiccan's New Year is Oct 31st
Quote:
New Years Day October 31st at sundown Also known as Samhain or All Hallow's Eve. This is New Years on the Druid calendar. The wall between earth and the underworld is thin at this time of year. On Halloween night, the wall opens. Samhain, the Lord of Darkness, rises from the underworld. He roams the world looking for lost souls. It is an evil and wicked night, a perfect night for a witch to celebrate New Years!

http://www.holidayinsights.com/halloween/witchcal.htm
post #26 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

lol8[1].gif

smileyspot.gif
post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

I'm celebrating the only way the New Year should be celebrated according to my Wiccan order: in the nude.

A little late for that. Wiccan's New Year is Oct 31st
Quote:
New Years Day October 31st at sundown Also known as Samhain or All Hallow's Eve. This is New Years on the Druid calendar. The wall between earth and the underworld is thin at this time of year. On Halloween night, the wall opens. Samhain, the Lord of Darkness, rises from the underworld. He roams the world looking for lost souls. It is an evil and wicked night, a perfect night for a witch to celebrate New Years!

http://www.holidayinsights.com/halloween/witchcal.htm

Oh, OP was talking about December 31st?

Also in the nude, just in my bed with my girlfriend and maybe a friend.
post #28 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Wear tartans.  Try to get a nice tartan sport shirt from RL, pair it with a blue blazer and wear some bright colored cords.  Can't go wrong with that.



That sounds like something that might work well for me.  Anyone seen any good examples of such an outfit that might help me along?  Also, that type of outfit sounds like it could leave room to throw in a merino v-neck and tie too.... thoughts?  How about no sweater and tie?  Am I completely off track yet?  lol

post #29 of 54

I'd wear a red, or dark green, or blue, or even yellow merino vneck, with a tartan shirt and a wool plaid tie with simple tan chinos.

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11979630&categoryId=3372180&cp=3138868

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=212&Product_Id=1584025&Parent_Id=210&default_color=GREEN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversification View Post





That sounds like something that might work well for me.  Anyone seen any good examples of such an outfit that might help me along?  Also, that type of outfit sounds like it could leave room to throw in a merino v-neck and tie too.... thoughts?  How about no sweater and tie?  Am I completely off track yet?  lol



 

 

post #30 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfador View Post

Thats the whole point of New Years, people will assume that you are either coming from or going to something much more important biggrin.gif

This is my philosophy/excuse for dressing up every day. New Years lets me take it to the max (top hat and tails).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New Years Eve attire: Share with us!