or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Ok, so Lionsgate is doing a remake of American Psycho
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ok, so Lionsgate is doing a remake of American Psycho - Page 2

post #16 of 24
I love how they have already mentioned it's going to be made on a very low budget with a first time director. Epic fail ahead... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/12/really-lionsgate-an-american-psycho-remake
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

i didn't think the movie was ever that great. i mean, the premise of the book isn't that he's crazy, it's that he actually is a murderer but can get away with it because he's rich, white and handsome (which is probably true)

This has never been confirmed or denied by the author. That's the conundrum and the mystery behind the whole book. There is A LOT in the book and Ellis' others that give conflicting messages on what really goes on with Bateman.
post #18 of 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by willpower View Post

What next - No Country for Old Men with Ed Westwick as the cop and Justin Bieber as the serial killer?


Only if it means more of

 

Justin-Beiber03.gif

post #19 of 24
This just ruined my day.

EDIT: Rapier Wolfcastle's comment in that article is awesome:
Quote:
Books are always inferior to movies.

In books you have to imagine the penetration.
post #20 of 24

i heard they're remaking Jack and Jill.

post #21 of 24
This sounds like a really stupid idea, a recipe for failure before the first letter hits the page.
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post

What next - No Country for Old Men with Ed Westwick as the cop and Justin Bieber as the serial killer?

I'd watch that.
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

i didn't think the movie was ever that great. i mean, the premise of the book isn't that he's crazy, it's that he actually is a murderer but can get away with it because he's rich, white and handsome (which is probably true)

Wat.

Teger, how long has it been since you read the book? There was plenty of textual evidence to suggest he was mentally ill in general (disordered thoughts, eating sand on beach), and imagining his crimes in particular (though I can't say where without a reread myself). I felt the movie perfectly captured this -- and the book's sense of humor -- though BEE himself is happiest with Roger Avary's Rules of Attraction.
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Wat.
Teger, how long has it been since you read the book? There was plenty of textual evidence to suggest he was mentally ill in general (disordered thoughts, eating sand on beach), and imagining his crimes in particular (though I can't say where without a reread myself). I felt the movie perfectly captured this -- and the book's sense of humor -- though BEE himself is happiest with Roger Avary's Rules of Attraction.

I love Avary's Rules of Attraction. I like how it is nothing like the book, however captures the "feel" and emotion of the book. Avary bought the rights to Glamorama and has stated that he even if it takes him his whole career he is going to get the movie made.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Ok, so Lionsgate is doing a remake of American Psycho