or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Is there anything worse than a gradute student?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there anything worse than a gradute student?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Two graduate students!
post #2 of 20
An undergraduate student.
post #3 of 20
a PhD holder.
post #4 of 20
A couple of things come to my mind...
post #5 of 20
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Jerry Sandusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

a PhD holder.

frown.gif I hope Ph.D. holders are not worse than The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or Jerry Sandusky.
post #6 of 20
scientologists?
post #7 of 20
Blue balls.
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

a PhD holder.

a phd candidate

law school student
post #9 of 20
Post-grad.
post #10 of 20
If we're talking about PhDs, they deserve their reputation... few things retard a person's personal growth more than staying in school forever and avoiding life.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

If we're talking about PhDs, they deserve their reputation... few things retard a person's personal growth more than staying in school forever and avoiding life.

Maybe this is not as widely known as it should be, but when you pursue the Ph.D., you are also living. I mean you're doing both at the same time, as crazy as that may sound. Also, it does not take forever to earn the Ph.D.
post #12 of 20
A 2L.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

but when you pursue the Ph.D., you are also living.

Respectfully disagree. Exception may be made for those who are actually getting paid, and are not otherwise subsidized.
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

Respectfully disagree. Exception may be made for those who are actually getting paid, and are not otherwise subsidized.

Not trying to be combative, but I genuinely don't understand how you mean "living." Are people in professional school (e.g., law school, medical school) living?
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenn View Post

If we're talking about PhDs, they deserve their reputation... few things retard a person's personal growth more than staying in school forever and avoiding life.
Also, it does not take forever to earn the Ph.D.
+1. And if it does for you, then you're doing it wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Is there anything worse than a gradute student?