Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Men's Penny Loafer Flex Welt Calfskin Blacktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- brandAlfred Sargenttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAlfred Sargent Mooretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBarkertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemBarker Flynntagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemBarker Windsortagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandChurchstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemChurch's Chetwyndtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemChurch's Consultagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemChurch's Strattontagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicJohn Lobbtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandJohn Lobb Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandRalph Laurentagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Last post on Today at 10:20 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:58 am in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:11pm in Classic Menswear
- LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/14/15 at 4:11pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition - Page 194post #2896 of 36553/19/13 at 8:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2897 of 36553/19/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
I guess I was just trying to figure out what made you decide to apply Sno Seal after three years.
I've not done mine yet, and can't forsee a need to at this point.
I wear them when it's winter, but don't have any plans to trudge through the snow though.post #2898 of 36553/19/13 at 3:56pmFor the longest time I was hesitant to use heavy wax treatment for my rain/show shoes and just put a wax on them regularly. Tried SnoSeal and it worked well, although I had to re-apply after a few wears to maintain water repellent properties. I think SnoSeal helped avoid bad salt stains because I don't remember having to deal with salt stains much this winter.
Next to deal with: spring rain!post #2899 of 36553/19/13 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
For the longest time I was hesitant to use heavy wax treatment for my rain/show shoes and just put a wax on them regularly. Tried SnoSeal and it worked well, although I had to re-apply after a few wears to maintain water repellent properties. I think SnoSeal helped avoid bad salt stains because I don't remember having to deal with salt stains much this winter.
Next to deal with: spring rain!
Thanks, this was the kind iof information I was lookinng for. So among other things Sno seal helps prevent salt stains. I did at least get a Saphir product to clean salt stains, but have yet to use or need this yet.
Danpost #2900 of 36553/19/13 at 4:26pmThread Starterpost #2901 of 36553/20/13 at 4:19ampost #2902 of 36553/21/13 at 6:47ampost #2903 of 36553/21/13 at 7:44pmpost #2904 of 36553/21/13 at 7:50pmpost #2905 of 36553/22/13 at 9:38ampost #2906 of 36553/22/13 at 10:15ampost #2907 of 36553/22/13 at 11:25ampost #2908 of 36553/22/13 at 11:33ampost #2909 of 36553/22/13 at 11:55ampost #2910 of 36553/22/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
Oh no! Undone laces, you rebel! Great shoes, which is why I still keep mine even if they're a half size too big (and since 7 is already their smallest size).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Good looking boots.
What type of boots are these please?
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › LOOKING TO BUY NEW OLD STOCK CHURCH'S ( pre- Prada ), JOHN... 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...