or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 67

post #991 of 11395
Guys,

Style advice wanted. Yeah, it is all about personal preferenses, but since I simpy cannot make My mind up...

Going for dark brown suede. Which do you prefer? The double monk or the cap toe oxford?
Both come with full rubber sole and on the Hiro last.

Please advice!
post #992 of 11395
It all depends on what you wear, but I noticed you were a swede and double monks are quite popular here in the north.
post #993 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Guys,

Style advice wanted. Yeah, it is all about personal preferenses, but since I simpy cannot make My mind up...

Going for dark brown suede. Which do you prefer? The double monk or the cap toe oxford?
Both come with full rubber sole and on the Hiro last.

Please advice!

 

Oxford. Dub monk will slip in and out of fashion, cap toe's are forever.

post #994 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Oxford. Dub monk will slip in and out of fashion, cap toe's are forever.

the exact reason I will be getting a pair of the dark brown cap toe as my first pair of Meermin
post #995 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Oxford. Dub monk will slip in and out of fashion, cap toe's are forever.

In this case then wouldn't you want to get dub monks and save up for a pair of better cap toes?
post #996 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Oxford. Dub monk will slip in and out of fashion, cap toe's are forever.

In this case then wouldn't you want to get dub monks and save up for a pair of better cap toes?

 

It's mostly personal preference, of course, but with how quickly the double monk rose up, I'm just sceptical of it's staying power. I can't imagine a situation where the oxford won't be just as good as the monk, but I can see situations where the monks would be suitable. Also, I'd save up for a pair of cap toes in a more staple colour, brown suede, while it has lots of options, isn't acceptable in a lot of situations.

post #997 of 11395
Why not both? bigstar[1].gif
post #998 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

Oxford. Dub monk will slip in and out of fashion, cap toe's are forever.

If I were in shortage of better shoes I would definitely go for the oxfors, but I'm not. I have at least 10 oxfords, 3-4 derbys and some boots.

No loafers, no monks. On one hand; it is clear that I have a preferens for oxfords, so why not go the safe route? On the other hand; isn't it time to broaden the scope?


Hell, I don't know...

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

It all depends on what you wear, but I noticed you were a swede and double monks are quite popular here in the north.

I'm mostly wearing suits for work (no tie), and jeans/chinos with a blazer in weekends.

post #999 of 11395
I would say double monks, but that's just because I love mine C&J. May I ask how old you are? Dub monks suits younger guys a bit better than older blokes IMHO.
post #1000 of 11395
Hmm...probably older than the younger guys you're referring to...I'm 46
post #1001 of 11395
Sorry, I must seem like the biggest douche. facepalm.gif Then I think it all depends on your style and personality; I can't imagine my father - a conservative lawyer which dresses accordingly - in a pair of suede double monks for instance.
post #1002 of 11395
Hey guys,

Just found some more pics of the Suede DubMonk (in think on the Hiro Last).
It's crazy the one day I love the last, the other (or when I see top down pics from the oxford) I hate it, because it's not pointy enough...

http://bitsofawesomeness.tumblr.com/post/25248479018/ive-been-receiving-a-lot-of-questions-regarding#notes

on his blog are more pics of him wearing the dub monks:

http://bitsofawesomeness.tumblr.com/
post #1003 of 11395
I loved it even more after seeing those pictures, but I like my shoes a bit rounded.
post #1004 of 11395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreakasa View Post

Hey guys,
Just found some more pics of the Suede DubMonk (in think on the Hiro Last).
It's crazy the one day I love the last, the other (or when I see top down pics from the oxford) I hate it, because it's not pointy enough...
http://bitsofawesomeness.tumblr.com/post/25248479018/ive-been-receiving-a-lot-of-questions-regarding#notes
on his blog are more pics of him wearing the dub monks:
http://bitsofawesomeness.tumblr.com/

 

That's my tumblr, so thanks for spreading the word!

 

And yes, they are on the Hiro last. I'm usually more fond of a more chiseled shape, but I really like the Hiro. 

 

(by the way, how on earth do I change my sig to include my tumblr url?)

post #1005 of 11395
No offence taken Chris smile.gif

Well, I'll buy the monks. €150 is so inexpensive that I can live with not usling them, if that should be the case.

Thanx for opinions!
Edited by Swede66 - 6/29/12 at 8:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes