Wow that sounds great! Since it seems that you know more than the rest of us about the new last, do you happen to know any models coming on that last at the launch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 633post #9481 of 157283/6/14 at 6:09ampost #9482 of 157283/6/14 at 8:48ampost #9483 of 157283/6/14 at 4:31pmpost #9484 of 157283/6/14 at 6:18pmpost #9485 of 157283/6/14 at 6:21pmpost #9486 of 157283/6/14 at 6:36pmpost #9487 of 157283/6/14 at 6:42pm
Pepe has informed me that there will be no issues in getting dark grey museum calf; he told me that the colour is beautifull. Once the Park last arrives, it will be able to advise in sizing and compare it to the Hiro/Olfe/Ama last that I have.post #9488 of 157283/6/14 at 7:36pmpost #9489 of 157283/6/14 at 7:36pmQuote:
Is the design fixed?post #9490 of 157283/6/14 at 7:48pmpost #9491 of 157283/6/14 at 8:00pmpost #9492 of 157283/7/14 at 1:57amQuote:
What is the different between those two compared to the Ama if you dont mind me asking?post #9493 of 157283/7/14 at 9:12am
Hi all, first time poster here (I'm pretty sure). Learned about Meermin from this site and the info provided in this thread was very useful, so I'll go ahead and throw in some details on my order, which I'm very happy with. I'll just state upfront that everything I know about shoes (which is very little compared to most folks on this site), I learned in the last 6 months, so forgive any forthcoming nonsensical statements.
Sizing: Up until about 6 months ago I pretty much wore all Cole Haan for my dress shoes, and I was a perfect fit on an 11D. When my last round of CH's fell apart in a surprisingly short amount of time (especially for what I now realize was an outrageous price), I decided to step up in quality the next time around, and picked up a few Allen Edmonds (2 Strands and a McAllister) in which I was a 10.5 D on the 5 last. I contacted Meermin with this sizing info and Luisa recommended the Olfe or Hiro lasts in a size 9.5 EU. I pulled the trigger on two Cap Toe Oxfords (back to basics!) from the Classic Line in Black and Dark Brown, which are on the Hiro last, and crossed my fingers. Fortunately for me, she was dead on!
Order Time: I placed my order on January 29th, and on February 6th I was notified that my order was ready to be shipped and to send payment. However, I then realized I could probably use two matching belts, and so we exchanged a couple of emails on sizing, etc. over the next few days (responses within a day), and had the new belts added and updated invoice on the 12th. Paid the invoice and it shipped out that day and was delivered to me in Philadelphia on the 18th. So, if I subtract the delay I added into the process by adding the belts midway through the order, I'd say it was 2 weeks from order to doorstep. Not bad!
Price: Ex-VAT, each of the shoes were 132 Euro, each of the belts 37 Euro, and shipping 35 Euro, for a total of 373 Euro, or $512 US according to my bank. Then, 2 weeks later, I got the dreaded FedEx customs invoice for $28 in the mail. That was for 2 belts and 2 shoes, not sure what it would be for a smaller order. All in all, $540 for two nice shoes and two nice belts seems like a deal to me.
In terms of quality I'm very happy, but I don't think I could articulate on any specifics that would add to an already extensive discussion. Here's a picture of the black ones right out of the box:
Now that I got my sizing down, I'm ready to expand! But aside from the dark brown double-monks, I'm not sure I see something I want to jump on on the site as a next purchase. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous stuff on their instagram and other sites around the web, but they're not online and I don't particularly want to pay $100 EU extra to MTO something either. Any tips on getting on board with Group MTOs? Do most of them originate on this site/thread? Any currently looking for recruits?
I think ideally my next choice would be a dark brown cap toe derby boot with rubber sole (for my rainy day shoe). I saw this one on their instagram: http://instagram.com/p/j7JN4JJcxK/ According to that post they'll have them online soon, but that looks like it may be a leather sole? Hmm...
Anyway, I'm rambling... thanks for the help guys!post #9494 of 157283/7/14 at 11:35am
^ Awesome Post!
$540 for two pairs of shoes with matching belts do seem like a great deal. If you look at past threads, there are several Group MTOs in the LM line going around so there may be something to your liking.
It looks like you have purchased a few AEs as well. Can you do some comparisons on the two brand? The Classic line from Meermin should be pretty comparable to AE's line.post #9495 of 157283/7/14 at 1:42pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 seconds ago
- › Shoe Trades - UK11/US12D: EG, JL, Alden, Vass, Carmina, Ralph... 1 minute ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...