Wow that sounds great! Since it seems that you know more than the rest of us about the new last, do you happen to know any models coming on that last at the launch?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 633
Styleforum Top Picks
Pepe has informed me that there will be no issues in getting dark grey museum calf; he told me that the colour is beautifull. Once the Park last arrives, it will be able to advise in sizing and compare it to the Hiro/Olfe/Ama last that I have.
Is the design fixed?
What is the different between those two compared to the Ama if you dont mind me asking?
Hi all, first time poster here (I'm pretty sure). Learned about Meermin from this site and the info provided in this thread was very useful, so I'll go ahead and throw in some details on my order, which I'm very happy with. I'll just state upfront that everything I know about shoes (which is very little compared to most folks on this site), I learned in the last 6 months, so forgive any forthcoming nonsensical statements.
Sizing: Up until about 6 months ago I pretty much wore all Cole Haan for my dress shoes, and I was a perfect fit on an 11D. When my last round of CH's fell apart in a surprisingly short amount of time (especially for what I now realize was an outrageous price), I decided to step up in quality the next time around, and picked up a few Allen Edmonds (2 Strands and a McAllister) in which I was a 10.5 D on the 5 last. I contacted Meermin with this sizing info and Luisa recommended the Olfe or Hiro lasts in a size 9.5 EU. I pulled the trigger on two Cap Toe Oxfords (back to basics!) from the Classic Line in Black and Dark Brown, which are on the Hiro last, and crossed my fingers. Fortunately for me, she was dead on!
Order Time: I placed my order on January 29th, and on February 6th I was notified that my order was ready to be shipped and to send payment. However, I then realized I could probably use two matching belts, and so we exchanged a couple of emails on sizing, etc. over the next few days (responses within a day), and had the new belts added and updated invoice on the 12th. Paid the invoice and it shipped out that day and was delivered to me in Philadelphia on the 18th. So, if I subtract the delay I added into the process by adding the belts midway through the order, I'd say it was 2 weeks from order to doorstep. Not bad!
Price: Ex-VAT, each of the shoes were 132 Euro, each of the belts 37 Euro, and shipping 35 Euro, for a total of 373 Euro, or $512 US according to my bank. Then, 2 weeks later, I got the dreaded FedEx customs invoice for $28 in the mail. That was for 2 belts and 2 shoes, not sure what it would be for a smaller order. All in all, $540 for two nice shoes and two nice belts seems like a deal to me.
In terms of quality I'm very happy, but I don't think I could articulate on any specifics that would add to an already extensive discussion. Here's a picture of the black ones right out of the box:
Now that I got my sizing down, I'm ready to expand! But aside from the dark brown double-monks, I'm not sure I see something I want to jump on on the site as a next purchase. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous stuff on their instagram and other sites around the web, but they're not online and I don't particularly want to pay $100 EU extra to MTO something either. Any tips on getting on board with Group MTOs? Do most of them originate on this site/thread? Any currently looking for recruits?
I think ideally my next choice would be a dark brown cap toe derby boot with rubber sole (for my rainy day shoe). I saw this one on their instagram: http://instagram.com/p/j7JN4JJcxK/ According to that post they'll have them online soon, but that looks like it may be a leather sole? Hmm...
Anyway, I'm rambling... thanks for the help guys!
^ Awesome Post!
$540 for two pairs of shoes with matching belts do seem like a great deal. If you look at past threads, there are several Group MTOs in the LM line going around so there may be something to your liking.
It looks like you have purchased a few AEs as well. Can you do some comparisons on the two brand? The Classic line from Meermin should be pretty comparable to AE's line.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Alfred Sargent Ramsey double monk size 10.5 UK 1 minute ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 1 minute ago
- › What are you reading? 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain last derby wingtip size 10 UK 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...