Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 62post #916 of 134506/25/12 at 12:11amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 134506/25/12 at 12:28ampost #918 of 134506/25/12 at 1:06ampost #919 of 134506/25/12 at 4:30ampost #920 of 134506/25/12 at 4:42ampost #921 of 134506/25/12 at 5:21am
My Ama wholecuts and Ama single monks arrived today (classic line).
First impressions: I'm not wholly comfortable with the AMA wholecuts because the last is a wider one and makes them look quite bulbous - not too dissimilar to the capital last on the Loake 1880 Aldwych. It could be an optical illusion as well because the colour is black - sadly, the only colour in that style at the moment.
Note: I think it's more that my Charcoal suit needs to be lengthened [trouser]. I'll wear them indoors tomorrow evening (too tired now), with my Nicole Fahri brown wool trousers that have been tailored to just above half the heel and feedback.
I really, really like the single monks, which surprised me. Even though, yet again, only available in black, and on the AMA last, they are much more eloganted and elegant than the wholecuts.
Shoe trees to be shipped separately (no shipping cost) because Meermin were out of stock in the UK10.
Sizing: I've only tried the Rain last on a pair of Carmina wholecuts, and the Ama wholecuts but especially the single monks are a very snug fit (width) in a UK10. In fact, a little too snug. On the whole, they fit, but I'd be worried if a more narrower last was used.
I'll post pictures when I get home.
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 2:41pmpost #922 of 134506/25/12 at 5:30ampost #923 of 134506/25/12 at 7:20ampost #924 of 134506/25/12 at 7:47ampost #925 of 134506/25/12 at 7:49ampost #926 of 134506/25/12 at 8:14amQuote:Classic collection shoes are only produced on standard lasts, in standard styles. For a different width, or to adapt a last to your liking (there was a poster in this thread doing this with a Rui last), you will need to go MTO. I believe there is a small charge if they do not have that last currently produced, but this is a one off charge.Quote:
From what I understand, the Ama last has more room/leather in the toebox, but tapers more severely to the point, meaning that your mileage may vary depending on your foot shape.post #927 of 134506/25/12 at 10:07ampost #928 of 134506/25/12 at 10:38amQuote:
From what I understand the Ama has more room in the instep and wider part of the foot but tapers through the toebox. I've read a lot of people complaining about the the thightness of the toebox from the Ama, but I haven't read anything alike about the Hiro.post #929 of 134506/25/12 at 1:30pm
Apologies for the light. Artificial light, taken with a 2004 Casio Exilim (well past it's sell by date - not bad during daylight but night shots are almost impossible to take without blurring).
I'm loading images onto a Men's forum - shoes, not Riko Tachibana! WTH ...
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 1:56pmpost #930 of 134506/25/12 at 6:20pmI've just read the first 34 pages. Very intrigued. I was close to buying some Sèptieme Largeur, but I think I'll be better off with these, even the classic line -- I really need to build up my wardrobe, I currently just have one pair of C&J's Edgware. So, what I wanted to ask is whether there will be a sale (and when)?
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Ande Whall Grifter W34 & Fullcount x BiG 1635LTD W32 2 minutes ago
- › Dress shirts always fit long 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...