Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 62post #916 of 152176/25/12 at 12:11amThread Starterpost #917 of 152176/25/12 at 12:28ampost #918 of 152176/25/12 at 1:06ampost #919 of 152176/25/12 at 4:30ampost #920 of 152176/25/12 at 4:42ampost #921 of 152176/25/12 at 5:21am
My Ama wholecuts and Ama single monks arrived today (classic line).
First impressions: I'm not wholly comfortable with the AMA wholecuts because the last is a wider one and makes them look quite bulbous - not too dissimilar to the capital last on the Loake 1880 Aldwych. It could be an optical illusion as well because the colour is black - sadly, the only colour in that style at the moment.
Note: I think it's more that my Charcoal suit needs to be lengthened [trouser]. I'll wear them indoors tomorrow evening (too tired now), with my Nicole Fahri brown wool trousers that have been tailored to just above half the heel and feedback.
I really, really like the single monks, which surprised me. Even though, yet again, only available in black, and on the AMA last, they are much more eloganted and elegant than the wholecuts.
Shoe trees to be shipped separately (no shipping cost) because Meermin were out of stock in the UK10.
Sizing: I've only tried the Rain last on a pair of Carmina wholecuts, and the Ama wholecuts but especially the single monks are a very snug fit (width) in a UK10. In fact, a little too snug. On the whole, they fit, but I'd be worried if a more narrower last was used.
I'll post pictures when I get home.
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 2:41pmpost #922 of 152176/25/12 at 5:30ampost #923 of 152176/25/12 at 7:20ampost #924 of 152176/25/12 at 7:47ampost #925 of 152176/25/12 at 7:49ampost #926 of 152176/25/12 at 8:14amQuote:Classic collection shoes are only produced on standard lasts, in standard styles. For a different width, or to adapt a last to your liking (there was a poster in this thread doing this with a Rui last), you will need to go MTO. I believe there is a small charge if they do not have that last currently produced, but this is a one off charge.Quote:
From what I understand, the Ama last has more room/leather in the toebox, but tapers more severely to the point, meaning that your mileage may vary depending on your foot shape.post #927 of 152176/25/12 at 10:07ampost #928 of 152176/25/12 at 10:38amQuote:
From what I understand the Ama has more room in the instep and wider part of the foot but tapers through the toebox. I've read a lot of people complaining about the the thightness of the toebox from the Ama, but I haven't read anything alike about the Hiro.post #929 of 152176/25/12 at 1:30pm
Apologies for the light. Artificial light, taken with a 2004 Casio Exilim (well past it's sell by date - not bad during daylight but night shots are almost impossible to take without blurring).
I'm loading images onto a Men's forum - shoes, not Riko Tachibana! WTH ...
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 1:56pmpost #930 of 152176/25/12 at 6:20pmI've just read the first 34 pages. Very intrigued. I was close to buying some Sèptieme Largeur, but I think I'll be better off with these, even the classic line -- I really need to build up my wardrobe, I currently just have one pair of C&J's Edgware. So, what I wanted to ask is whether there will be a sale (and when)?
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 41 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 45 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 55 minutes ago
- › Church's Pembrey Prestige White Moccasin in a size 10F UK 58 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 58 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding