Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir RenovateurLast edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 62post #916 of 144676/25/12 at 12:11amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 144676/25/12 at 12:28ampost #918 of 144676/25/12 at 1:06ampost #919 of 144676/25/12 at 4:30ampost #920 of 144676/25/12 at 4:42ampost #921 of 144676/25/12 at 5:21am
My Ama wholecuts and Ama single monks arrived today (classic line).
First impressions: I'm not wholly comfortable with the AMA wholecuts because the last is a wider one and makes them look quite bulbous - not too dissimilar to the capital last on the Loake 1880 Aldwych. It could be an optical illusion as well because the colour is black - sadly, the only colour in that style at the moment.
Note: I think it's more that my Charcoal suit needs to be lengthened [trouser]. I'll wear them indoors tomorrow evening (too tired now), with my Nicole Fahri brown wool trousers that have been tailored to just above half the heel and feedback.
I really, really like the single monks, which surprised me. Even though, yet again, only available in black, and on the AMA last, they are much more eloganted and elegant than the wholecuts.
Shoe trees to be shipped separately (no shipping cost) because Meermin were out of stock in the UK10.
Sizing: I've only tried the Rain last on a pair of Carmina wholecuts, and the Ama wholecuts but especially the single monks are a very snug fit (width) in a UK10. In fact, a little too snug. On the whole, they fit, but I'd be worried if a more narrower last was used.
I'll post pictures when I get home.
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 2:41pmpost #922 of 144676/25/12 at 5:30ampost #923 of 144676/25/12 at 7:20ampost #924 of 144676/25/12 at 7:47ampost #925 of 144676/25/12 at 7:49ampost #926 of 144676/25/12 at 8:14amQuote:Classic collection shoes are only produced on standard lasts, in standard styles. For a different width, or to adapt a last to your liking (there was a poster in this thread doing this with a Rui last), you will need to go MTO. I believe there is a small charge if they do not have that last currently produced, but this is a one off charge.Quote:
From what I understand, the Ama last has more room/leather in the toebox, but tapers more severely to the point, meaning that your mileage may vary depending on your foot shape.post #927 of 144676/25/12 at 10:07ampost #928 of 144676/25/12 at 10:38amQuote:
From what I understand the Ama has more room in the instep and wider part of the foot but tapers through the toebox. I've read a lot of people complaining about the the thightness of the toebox from the Ama, but I haven't read anything alike about the Hiro.post #929 of 144676/25/12 at 1:30pm
Apologies for the light. Artificial light, taken with a 2004 Casio Exilim (well past it's sell by date - not bad during daylight but night shots are almost impossible to take without blurring).
I'm loading images onto a Men's forum - shoes, not Riko Tachibana! WTH ...
Edited by Putonghua73 - 6/25/12 at 1:56pmpost #930 of 144676/25/12 at 6:20pmI've just read the first 34 pages. Very intrigued. I was close to buying some Sèptieme Largeur, but I think I'll be better off with these, even the classic line -- I really need to build up my wardrobe, I currently just have one pair of C&J's Edgware. So, what I wanted to ask is whether there will be a sale (and when)?
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 34 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 43 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 50 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...