or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 604

post #9046 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

No, FedEx usually expedites the process and sends you the bill afterwards, plus a $10-ish "forwarding fee" to pay the customs for you as the package goes through

 

Yes, I received my shoes about a month ago and just got a bill from FedEx for customs fees. I e-mailed Luisa and she said this is nothing out of the ordinary. 

post #9047 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post
 

We need an Meermin proxy that send us shoes as "gifts" from Spain so we do not get killed in customs. 

We could pay him like half the expected custom's hit.

Then you would have to pay VAT instead. That alone gives you an added 49$ on a classic line shoe + shipping.

On top of that you would have to pay the proxy and for shipping to the US.
 

post #9048 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
 

Then you would have to pay VAT instead. That alone gives you an added 49$ on a classic line shoe + shipping.

On top of that you would have to pay the proxy and for shipping to the US.
 

 

oh come on, no need to spoil their schemes and hope of avoiding customs costs with your facts and logic :p

 

To keep the dream alive I will just point out that theres a Meermin in Japan...japan only has a 5% consumption tax..

 

Step 1 - Japanese proxy

Step 2 - ???

Step 3 - Profit.

post #9049 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post
 

 

Sorry which piece of the sole is missing? Are you referring to the corner of the heel which has been removed? 


Look close to the channeling. I'll take another picture.

 

Not my first pair of shoes gentlemen ;).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


These are seconds and you're complaining about a disfigurement and trying to get meermin to pay for it?

They're seconds for a reason...

 

Normally I'm totally fine with the small defects that come with seconds. What gets me is that in the ebay auction they showed a picture of the other shoe's sole, but not this one wit the defect. Normally they show the right shoe, this time they showed the left.

 

It just feels dishonest and I'm asking more on principal for a 10GBP refund my cobbler wants to fix it. And I'm actually asking the seller (who is connected with Meermin somehow) not Meermin itself to clarify.


Edited by MSchapiro - 2/5/14 at 6:44am
post #9050 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 


Look close to the channeling. I'll take another picture.

 

Not my first pair of shoes gentlemen ;).

 

 

 

Normally I'm totally fine with the small defects that come with seconds. What gets me is that in the ebay auction they showed a picture of the other shoe's sole, but not this one wit the defect. Normally they show the right shoe, this time they showed the left.

 

It just feels dishonest and I'm asking more on principal for a 10GBP refund my cobbler wants to fix it. And I'm actually asking the seller (who is connected with Meermin somehow) not Meermin itself to clarify.

 

I have a very hard time empathizing with you on this, MSchapiro.  If they were advertised as seconds, I don't see how you have a case complaining that there is, in fact a blemish that qualifies them for seconds.  Furthermore, that blemish is microscopic and one that will never be seen by anyone.  I would consider that a Win with a capital W.  He could have accidentally taken a pic of the wrong shoe and not realized it, as it's that insgnificant.

 

Just my $.02

post #9051 of 11544

It's a fair assessment on your part, but I disagree with your assumptions.

 

I was told by my local cobbler if it isn't fixed it would cause the sole to crack there and break away, so it is more than a cosmetic blemish.

 

Buying from ebay, even if a shoe is a second, the price rises or falls based on the severity of the issue. I could care less about the minor finishing issues with the shoe, because I saw them before I bought it. To feel like the seller intentionally hid the larger issue while only highlighting the minor issues deserves worse feedback. Rather than provide the feedback if he is willing to pay the small amount to make up for not disclosing it, I'll leave positive feedback.

 

It is possible that he didn't notice it, given the amount he posts, but my gut instinct tells me that he did given that all the other shoes had the right shoe photographed and this one the left.

post #9052 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMstl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

 


Look close to the channeling. I'll take another picture.

Not my first pair of shoes gentlemen wink.gif.





Normally I'm totally fine with the small defects that come with seconds. What gets me is that in the ebay auction they showed a picture of the other shoe's sole, but not this one wit the defect. Normally they show the right shoe, this time they showed the left.

It just feels dishonest and I'm asking more on principal for a 10GBP refund my cobbler wants to fix it. And I'm actually asking the seller (who is connected with Meermin somehow) not Meermin itself to clarify.

I have a very hard time empathizing with you on this, MSchapiro.  If they were advertised as seconds, I don't see how you have a case complaining that there is, in fact a blemish that qualifies them for seconds.  Furthermore, that blemish is microscopic and one that will never be seen by anyone.  I would consider that a Win with a capital W.  He could have accidentally taken a pic of the wrong shoe and not realized it, as it's that insgnificant.

Just my $.02

+1 Once they've been worn that'll disappear very quickly anyways ! Move on .......
post #9053 of 11544
Hey guys,

Need expert Meermin help:

Can anybody comment on the following lasts? Specifically, are any of them good for a low instep,

- Bac
- Ben
- Peng

Thanks!
post #9054 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Hey guys,

Need expert Meermin help:

Can anybody comment on the following lasts? Specifically, are any of them good for a low instep,

- Bac
- Ben
- Peng

Thanks!
The Ben is just the Hiro but with a squared toe.
I had no idea there were Peng and Bac lasts!
post #9055 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Speaker View Post


The Ben is just the Hiro but with a squared toe.
I had no idea there were Peng and Bac lasts!


I think* Peng and Bac are retired lasts. That are not being made anymore. You call always email meermin and ask how they compare. Sometimes their replies are criptic. But it may help.

 

* I could be wrong

post #9056 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post


I think* Peng and Bac are retired lasts. That are not being made anymore. You call always email meermin and ask how they compare. Sometimes their replies are criptic. But it may help.

* I could be wrong
Those two lasts are retired but they can still be ordered through the MTO process based on what I received today from Pepe (should I post it?)
post #9057 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


Look close to the channeling. I'll take another picture.

Not my first pair of shoes gentlemen wink.gif.





Normally I'm totally fine with the small defects that come with seconds. What gets me is that in the ebay auction they showed a picture of the other shoe's sole, but not this one wit the defect. Normally they show the right shoe, this time they showed the left.

It just feels dishonest and I'm asking more on principal for a 10GBP refund my cobbler wants to fix it. And I'm actually asking the seller (who is connected with Meermin somehow) not Meermin itself to clarify.

With all due respect, but I have really hard to believe that the sole should crack and brake away because of that. Shoes soles get beaten a lot worse without any such trouble. After you've worn them a few times it won't be noticeable any more.

I understand that you feel that the seller has his hidden the flaw for you, but as mentioned above, it's subs, I'd just let it go.
post #9058 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post


With all due respect, but I have really hard to believe that the sole should crack and brake away because of that. Shoes soles get beaten a lot worse without any such trouble. After you've worn them a few times it won't be noticeable any more.

I understand that you feel that the seller has his hidden the flaw for you, but as mentioned above, it's subs, I'd just let it go.


I will just let it go then and have it repaired by my cobbler.

 

I do know him well enough at this point that I trust he is saying it because it is true, rather than just to get a few extra pounds out of me.

 

It may not look so in the picture, but it is rather deep. Deeper, in fact, than an wear on even my hardest worn shoes. My guess is that is where my cobbler's worry comes from.

 

If it's filled in and topy'd, hopefully it will never be a problem.

post #9059 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

 

If it's filled in and topy'd, hopefully it will never be a problem.

Fill it in with some barge rubber cement or just toppy it.

Toppies are the shiznit anyway. Youll never have resole if you just keep re-toppying.

post #9060 of 11544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


I will just let it go then and have it repaired by my cobbler.

I do know him well enough at this point that I trust he is saying it because it is true, rather than just to get a few extra pounds out of me.

It may not look so in the picture, but it is rather deep. Deeper, in fact, than an wear on even my hardest worn shoes. My guess is that is where my cobbler's worry comes from.

If it's filled in and topy'd, hopefully it will never be a problem.

Okay, sounds like it's worse than it looks from the pics then. But the cobbler will fix it fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetpuma View Post

Fill it in with some barge rubber cement or just toppy it.
Toppies are the shiznit anyway. Youll never have resole if you just keep re-toppying.

Even if you tops the shoes you should resole them, although you can do it less often. But it's not just the outsole that gets worn, the cork or other filling gets bad after a couple of years, shanks could come lose or break or if made of leather or wood be in a bad condition, etc. So to secure as long life for the shoes as possible you should resole occasionally even if you topy your shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes