or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 599

post #8971 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by konda View Post
 

Off the top of my head I'd say austerity brogue in the New Rey is a no go. Would need to see one to believe it actually works. Works very well in the Olfe though (I have a pair). Think I'll Google if someone has pulled this off in the New Rey...

Why do you think new rey is a no go for an austerity?

post #8972 of 11561

Just can't picture it in as an austerity. I have two pairs and when I look at them, I can't visualize them looking good as austerity brogues. Someone should Photoshop a New Rey lasted shoe into an austerity brogue.

post #8973 of 11561
Does meermin not do wide widths anymore? Thought they told me they could do one for an upcharge.
post #8974 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckbw11 View Post

Count me as one of the people that went with Meermin's advice and got the wrong size. Not their fault at all, but I am not going to return these puppies. Long story short, I have a pair of Classic line Olfe Captoes in size 8.5uk (dark brown). PM me with your best offers peeps!

What size US do you usually wear? and is 8.5 smaller or bigger than your usual size? thanks!

post #8975 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by phphl View Post

Apart from the navy museum austerity, just wonder if anyone is interested in a plum/golden/brown museum austerity brogue?

This was what i signed up for! I vote for golden! That would be so awesome biggrin.gif How many are up for golden on the amazing olfe last? wink.gif
post #8976 of 11561
FYR - Gold Museum, calf MTO, minimum 25 orders are required to pull that off.
post #8977 of 11561

I finally got my pair of Meermins. First, I feel more sad than happy, only because of the duty I had to pay. I got a basic but very important captoe oxford from LM line in Olfe. I was too skeptical about the Hiro last and the only thing from RTW suiting my requirement was this. I must say I am somewhat unsure about the quality of the make. I have some kind of a CRACK near the heel of the left shoe. I dont know if I should be expecting something like this. And the sole feels like a boat, as in its bulging towards the ground. I am not even sure how to explain it. I am just satisfying myself thinking it'll flatten out after a few wears. Also the fit feels snug, a little too much in my opinion but that might be because of the size. Also there feels to be a gap too much towards the toe. Looks like the welt stitch is causing that. I am hoping this pair makes me happy with the way it fits after a few wears more than what I feel right now. Till then, I am not looking to buy another pair of Meermins till I happen to be in Spain. 

 

 

 

 

post #8978 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokanevad View Post

This was what i signed up for! I vote for golden! That would be so awesome biggrin.gif How many are up for golden on the amazing olfe last? wink.gif

Keep me updated on Plum or Gold version.
post #8979 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush12345 View Post

I finally got my pair of Meermins. First, I feel more sad than happy, only because of the duty I had to pay. I got a basic but very important captoe oxford from LM line in Olfe. I was too skeptical about the Hiro last and the only thing from RTW suiting my requirement was this. I must say I am somewhat unsure about the quality of the make. I have some kind of a CRACK near the heel of the left shoe. I dont know if I should be expecting something like this. And the sole feels like a boat, as in its bulging towards the ground. I am not even sure how to explain it. I am just satisfying myself thinking it'll flatten out after a few wears. Also the fit feels snug, a little too much in my opinion but that might be because of the size. Also there feels to be a gap too much towards the toe. Looks like the welt stitch is causing that. I am hoping this pair makes me happy with the way it fits after a few wears more than what I feel right now. Till then, I am not looking to buy another pair of Meermins till I happen to be in Spain. 












Best thing to do would be to sell/return the shoes if you're not happy about them. Carmina captoes aren't that much more expensive than Meermin LM, and they should be a little better.
post #8980 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


Best thing to do would be to sell/return the shoes if you're not happy about them. Carmina captoes aren't that much more expensive than Meermin LM, and they should be a little better.

I know the Carmina isn't much expensive. I also own one of them in monks. These seemed to be much more reasonable than Carminas if there was no duty on this. I just wore these shoes for like a couple of hours and they seemed to be quite nice. The snug feeling was actually feeling much better. If I have to overlook the crack, I wouldnt have a reason to send them back. I'd still not go back to buying another Meermin's till they can improve on the quality control. A couple of slight bruises can still be overlooked but a crack as big can't and shouldn't be let go. Period. 

Still I am getting ahead of the feeling and trying to enjoy them. I am just wondering how the classic line shoes are holding up to be.

post #8981 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush12345 View Post
 

I know the Carmina isn't much expensive. I also own one of them in monks. These seemed to be much more reasonable than Carminas if there was no duty on this. I just wore these shoes for like a couple of hours and they seemed to be quite nice. The snug feeling was actually feeling much better. If I have to overlook the crack, I wouldnt have a reason to send them back. I'd still not go back to buying another Meermin's till they can improve on the quality control. A couple of slight bruises can still be overlooked but a crack as big can't and shouldn't be let go. Period.

Still I am getting ahead of the feeling and trying to enjoy them. I am just wondering how the classic line shoes are holding up to be.

 

My Olfes of the same captoe model were quite snug my first wear, but have become one of my favorite fitting shoes after 4 or 5 wears.

 

But the quality control issues are a different animal altogether.

post #8982 of 11561
The "curved" feeling of the soles you have when standing is completely normal.
post #8983 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush12345 View Post

I know the Carmina isn't much expensive. I also own one of them in monks. These seemed to be much more reasonable than Carminas if there was no duty on this. I just wore these shoes for like a couple of hours and they seemed to be quite nice. The snug feeling was actually feeling much better. If I have to overlook the crack, I wouldnt have a reason to send them back. I'd still not go back to buying another Meermin's till they can improve on the quality control. A couple of slight bruises can still be overlooked but a crack as big can't and shouldn't be let go. Period. 
Still I am getting ahead of the feeling and trying to enjoy them. I am just wondering how the classic line shoes are holding up to be.

The classic line offers a very good value for money, while the LM line is very close to Carmina prices. Coincedentally, I'm very happy with my classic line shoes, while my all my LM shoes seem to have some QC issues.
post #8984 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


The classic line offers a very good value for money, while the LM line is very close to Carmina prices. Coincedentally, I'm very happy with my classic line shoes, while my all my LM shoes seem to have some QC issues.

 

I disagree with this assessment.  LM line is approximately $300, whereas any Carmina is $450-500+.  I don't consider a 50% increase "very close"

 

Meermin LM = Allen Edmonds prices

 

Not Carmina.

post #8985 of 11561
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMstl View Post

I disagree with this assessment.  LM line is approximately $300, whereas any Carmina is $450-500+.  I don't consider a 50% increase "very close"

Meermin LM = Allen Edmonds prices

Not Carmina.

I guess we just find different things much. LM captoes are €260, while carmina captoes are €340. That's an €80 difference, not a terribly big difference over the life of a shoe. Besides, Meermin shipping is €20, and Carmina offers free shipping at times.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes