Anyone have dark brown double monks in 10UK looking to trade for a 9.5UK? Just got mine and could use a few MM in width and length and I don't think they'll break in enough to be comfortable.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 578post #8657 of 151091/9/14 at 2:05am
This is probably a long shot....
Is anyone in an 7.5uk to 8.5uk in Meermin that has tried BOTH hiro and olfe?
I was trying to gauge which instep I would like better. (Hiro=high instep, Olfe=average instep)
I found my height was around 6-6.5cm high. And I am an 8uk.
I measured the height approx at where it says instep:
I measured the HEIGHT. From a flat floor to the top of my foot.
If some one is exactly and 8UK and has tried both lasts I would love to throw a $1 paypal tip their way for taking the time to measure for me. (Not much but something :P )post #8658 of 151091/9/14 at 2:13amQuote:
New Rey and Simpson are similar, yes. Olfe no. Olfe is more for those with a regular instep / just a hint to the narrow side.post #8659 of 151091/9/14 at 2:15amQuote:
A good shoe salesman can immediately tell by looking at your feet. You can also come to a conclusion by trying on different shoes. If there is a shop with loads of different AEs for example, it is very easy to figure this out.post #8660 of 151091/9/14 at 2:37amQuote:
Are there some AE's with high vs low insteps? Almost every AE Ive worn up to this point has fit me in some size.
I may have to see an real shoe store :)post #8661 of 151091/9/14 at 3:13amQuote:
I have 2 pairs of meermins, both size 8.5, one in Hiro, the other an Olfe.
For me, the Hiro was pretty good, though the high heel cup kept rubbing the what-ever-bone(that bump on outer side of my right foot) initially, which was a bit annoying.
Olfe in comparison to Hiro is definitively more pointier in terms of looks. Width-wise they appear to be pretty close, and my toes have equally comfortable room on both - the Olfe is slightly longer and the shape is a tiny bit less round than the Hiro which gives it that pointy look. The vamp is also a bit sleeker or "lower" on the Olfe. Haven't walked a lot in the Olfe shoes yet as these are still fairly new, so jury's still out on how the extra forward length effects walking comfort.
The major difference between the two is the instep. Where as with the Hiro I can lace the shoe so tight that the facing completely closes all the way up to the last hole and hides the tongue, with the Olfe I get a distinct "V" shaped facing, and the tongue is clearly visible - Almost too much in fact, though I'd imagine the leather eventually gives in a bit with time, as it did with my Hiro shoes (on the other hand, if the Hiro flexes any more I'll eventually need to get tongue pads for them).
FWIW, I quickly measured my instep "height" at ~7 cm, but this only a very gross approximation, it could be +-1 cm in either direction. You also have to remember that it doesn't really help you much in shoe sizing, as the shape of your foot will inevitably effect the fit as well, which is probably why it is generally the circumference of the foot at the instep that is of interest, not just the height.post #8662 of 151091/9/14 at 3:30amQuote:
AE lasts for regular instep:
3-73 (these in an oxford shoe work for me just fine without tongues pads but there is some extra room in the instep)
AE lasts for low instep:
These are the ones I'm familiar with. More info in the AE thread.post #8663 of 151091/10/14 at 5:59pmpost #8664 of 151091/10/14 at 7:04pmpost #8665 of 151091/10/14 at 9:11pmQuote:
Most likely. generally new ray = Hiro +.5
The new ray is thin. B width. if you don't have an B width foot I would steer clear of it. C/D widths will not get and good fit from this shoe and end up hating the fit.
That and I hear and instep is also low. Which can be good or bad depending on your foot. But makes it tricky to fit for sight unseen.
Edited by leetpuma - 1/10/14 at 9:23pmpost #8666 of 151091/10/14 at 9:41pmpost #8667 of 151091/10/14 at 9:46pmpost #8668 of 151091/10/14 at 10:21pmI ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Meermin around tge beginning of November and I'm still waiting for an invoice for them. Because I take such a small size (6.5) I fully expected to wait 30 days for them but 2 months to even get an invoice??? Unfortunately with our exchange rate here in South Africa Meermin is about the only decent brand I can afford. Oh well I guess I'll just have to get used to the servicepost #8669 of 151091/10/14 at 11:17pmpost #8670 of 151091/11/14 at 12:33amQuote:
Your foot is simiar to mine but 1.5 cm longer. (Which may make it quite a bit different, same width)
But search my user name an read all my previous post I have an good set of info about the Hiro last in them.
Disclamer: I have never owned an Meermin model (yet) but I think most of my posts are questions you will end up having.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › 3-piece suit to business meeting? 13 minutes ago
- › Menswear on Women 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 20 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 24 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding