Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 58post #857 of 152956/17/12 at 1:20pmpost #858 of 152956/17/12 at 3:32pmpost #859 of 152956/17/12 at 7:34pm
Am organizing a group order for this:
In this colour:
It is a MTO on the Olfie last. As this is a really big order, you guys will get a very special price that is inclusive of shipping and I can tell you that the savings is quite substantial. There is only a quota of 5 left so let me know if anyone is interested via PM.post #860 of 152956/17/12 at 8:10pmQuote:
100 Euros more? Or USD/local currency? Your other one may not have included shipping? If not, we've started to see the price rise we were expecting.post #861 of 152956/17/12 at 8:24pmpost #862 of 152956/17/12 at 9:10pm
I hate buying shoes.
It used to be so simple. Buy a decent pair of sneakers. End of story.
These days, my shoe vocabulary include such esoteric terms such as "dark oak" and "museum calf". Seriously, who lives this way?
I'm at a point where I want to expand my shoe collection beyond the standard AE and Alden offerings. The problem is, even though I live in a large US city, I do not have easy access to try on shoes like C&J, EG, Vass, etc.
It also does not help that I am surrounded by friends who are able to travel to fulfill their shoe fetishes. Their passive aggressive comments ("In London, there are C&J stores within two blocks of each other!") finally pushed me over the edge.
I'm a big proponent of filling holes in my shoe collection before upgrading existing shoes. One of the missing pieces is that I have no split-toe shoes in my collection. This is something I intend to rectify. Of course, I also don't have a split-toe shoe in cordovan leather either. Maybe I should get that instead. But wait, I definitely don't have a split-toe in cordovan with full norvegesse. That would fill *a lot* of holes in my collection!
At this point, I decided to take a step back.
I realized that I can make some educated guesses, but I really have no clue how the shoes are going to fit until they are on my feet.
So maybe I should get a pair of shoes from Meermin and see how they fit before diving in any deeper. That would be the sensible thing to do. I can always order more shoes later.
Hmm. There appears to be a high level of correlation between my purchasing decisions and more shoes.
I measure 9.5C on the Brannock. I wear 9D in AE 5 last, 9C in Alden Barrie.
The standard width for New Rey is E. Based on the pictures of New Rey shoes, it looks like a long narrow last, similar to the AE 2 last.
After consulting with Pepe Albaladejo and some other forum members, I decided to MTO the shoes in 8.5 EE size because the standard E size would probably be too narrow/too low volume. One of my foot has a slightly high instep so I rather have more volume than not enough.
This is the order I decided to go with.
Collection: Meermin 'Linea Maestro'
Style: 102374/Norwegian derby
Last: MTO New Rey
Lasting: Hand lasted
Upper Leather: Naturcalf Cuero (Light Brown) (Tannerie d'Annonay - France)
Lining Leather: navy
Sole: Full leather channeled sole
Edge finishing: Standard
Sole finishing: 'Planta paloma' 7 clavos
Construction: GY-2/ Hand-sewn goodyear welted
Including MTO and shipping costs, it came to $400 US. At least, that was the exchange rate when I ordered it in March.
Meermin actually had to create a new last in New Rey 8.5 EE because one wasn't available. If anyone else wants to MTO New Rey in 8.5EE, things just got easier for you.
I only arrived at my order after a very lengthy email exchange that included many other shoe lasts and styles. Customer service was top notch. Pepe Albaladejo (Meermin) was incredibly responsive.
Did I really MTO a pair of shoes in an unknown last that I have never tried on? I must be crazy. I guess that's ok because this forum is full of crazy people that do this all the time.
After about 10 weeks, Pepe emailed me that he is shipping out the shoes. FedEx took their pound of flesh ($29) in the form of a "brokerage fee".
The color is light brown with a bit of red.
Length is good. Whenever I go up in length or width, I worry about heel slippage. In my 10 minutes of carpet surfing, heel slippage was minimal to non-existent. Really glad I went up to the EE width. The shoe fits comfortably snug in toe box and vamp, but not tight. I believe the standard E width would have been too small for me. Will have more details once I break in these shoes a bit.
As for my next shoe? Well, I don't have a stingray in my collection either...
post #863 of 152956/17/12 at 9:12pmpost #864 of 152956/17/12 at 9:31pmpost #865 of 152956/17/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Yes invoice number. MTO price was 290 euros for shell, 50 euro MTO fee and 35 euro shipping. Added in shoe trees as well. Total cost was ~350ish euros, not surepost #866 of 152956/18/12 at 12:09amQuote:Originally Posted by terrorsquad
Am organizing a group order for this:
In this colour:
It is a MTO on the Olfie last. As this is a really big order, you guys will get a very special price that is inclusive of shipping and I can tell you that the savings is quite substantial. There is only a quota of 5 left so let me know if anyone is interested via PM.
Thats a shame ive just (last week) ordered the same shoe on the same last (Olfe not Olfie) in the same colour !!!!
How many do you need and how many have you already got ?post #867 of 152956/18/12 at 12:15amQuote:
Your correct, its Olfe. I only need another 3 pairs and then the order will be closed =) I actually was inspired by your post though if i'm not mistaken, you ordered it in a dark brown correct?This will be in burgundy or bordeaux, which will be confirmed tonight.post #868 of 152956/18/12 at 12:23ampost #869 of 152956/18/12 at 1:55ampost #870 of 152956/18/12 at 10:57am
I am ready to pull the trigger on my first MTO order. Thinking of the Austerity Brogue (se model below) in either light brown (se colour on the semi brogue below) or dark brown.
So, appreciate your input. As a general preference I'm in favour of the lighter brown- Will it look good on this model?
Secondly; I am considering whether it would look better or worse with a medallion on the toe cap. What do you think? An example would be C&J Handgrade Russel.
Looking forward to hear you comments!
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What color suit/shirt/tie would compliment a black dress? 10 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › LORO PIANA UNLINED CASHMERE BLAZER 6 minutes ago
- › NWB Edward Green Brooksville, Dark Oak Antique Calf/Mink Suede,... 7 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 12 minutes ago
- › meermin mallorca mens Chukka boots shoes and Matching belt 13 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...