or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 557

post #8341 of 10117

I've been doing my research on Meermin in this thread for a while. So back in late June I decided to pull trigger on these Black captoes MTO on the Ben last. I haven't gotten the chance to wear them out yet but so far I'm very impressed, no defects that I can see. The fit is a little snug on my right big toe but it's no big deal, I figure that they will fit perfectly once they're broken in. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #8342 of 10117
Does anyone have any experience with Meermin Chelsea boots? how's suede's quality for their boots/shoes?
post #8343 of 10117
The Ben looks nice. Anyone know how it fits in relation to the Hiro or Olfe?
post #8344 of 10117

Those black captoes look great on the ben last - they should produce a few more styles on that last. Nicely chiseled, but not too extreme.

 

My tan country calf double monks just arrived today. Looking forward to see how they hold up over the next six months against the similarly priced Markowski's and Septieme Largeur. 

post #8345 of 10117

Hey everyone,

 

I'm interested in purchasing my first pair of Meermin and I've settled on the black double monks on the Hiro last from the Classic Collection.

 

My questions are,

 

  • How does the Hiro last compare to the AE 5 last? Provided I wear a US 12D on the 5 last.
  • I saw in this thread that shipping to the US is ~$40? So excluding VAT and including shipping it would be ~$215, does that sound about right? What's the consensus on duty charges? Is it mostly random luck on whether or not you get charged? How much extra would thank be?

 

Thank you for your help.

post #8346 of 10117
Left shoe feels great, right shoe has pinching by end of the day close to 8 hours of wear. Funny thing is if I stretch my toes, or walk around a little, it goes away on and off. Anyone experience this and have it go away after tons of wear? Considering getting it stretched a little by the cobbler. It pinches right above my pinky toe bone, right foot.
post #8347 of 10117

My shoes got wet today after 500 meters on foot. A new pair of shoes http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2328, the shoes have arrived 1,5 months ago. The weather is wet, snow and rain. The first pair of shoes (http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1947) got wet before and after repair. These shoes should not be worn in wet weather?

post #8348 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

how long does an order typically take.  i want to buy a pair of normal monks shipped to the USA for xmas.  possible?

I'm in Philly.  I ordered these on Thursday November 7th.  They were picked up by FedEx the following Thursday November 14th and arrived at my doorstep (FedEx SIGNATURE REQUIRED!) Monday November 18th.  No additional duty fees.  11 days from the time of clicking "purchase" isn't so bad.

 

They're beautiful.  No QC issues.  Couldn't be happier.

 

-e

post #8349 of 10117

hey guys,

do you know if Meermin shoes go on sales on their website?

post #8350 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by abi1986 View Post

hey guys,
do you know if Meermin shoes go on sales on their website?
AFAIK they don't do sales
post #8351 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by abi1986 View Post

hey guys,
do you know if Meermin shoes go on sales on their website?

Closest I've seen are factory seconds appearing on ebay. Mostly minor blemishes in leather (which--they're shoes--they'll get plenty blemished with use) in small sizes. Otherwise, they probably keep inventory too low to really have to unload stock in sales.
post #8352 of 10117
Is their site down for anyone else? I finally decide I want a pair and I'm getting an error message.
post #8353 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2see View Post


Closest I've seen are factory seconds appearing on ebay. Mostly minor blemishes in leather (which--they're shoes--they'll get plenty blemished with use) in small sizes. Otherwise, they probably keep inventory too low to really have to unload stock in sales.
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


AFAIK they don't do sales

Thank you for the info shared. So would be completely useless to wait after Christmas sales :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post

Is their site down for anyone else? I finally decide I want a pair and I'm getting an error message.

Checked now and it works (at least for me in Italy).

 

 

Another question: does anyone have experience with both Meermin and Septieme Largeur? any comment about a comparison between the 2 brands?

post #8354 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolgovaa View Post
 

My shoes got wet today after 500 meters on foot. A new pair of shoes http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2328, the shoes have arrived 1,5 months ago. The weather is wet, snow and rain. The first pair of shoes (http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1947) got wet before and after repair. These shoes should not be worn in wet weather?

Hi Dolgovaa,

 

Leather shoes should not be worn through the snow and rain without proper protection.  If you must wear them out, then I suggest galoshes to go over your shoes before you leave the house.  Another option is to wear weather appropriate boots and then change into your nice shoes at the office.  There are also ways to treat your shoes with products to reduce the negative effects of the harsh weather.

Kind Regards,

post #8355 of 10117
Quote:
Originally Posted by emynd View Post
 

I'm in Philly.  I ordered these on Thursday November 7th.  They were picked up by FedEx the following Thursday November 14th and arrived at my doorstep (FedEx SIGNATURE REQUIRED!) Monday November 18th.  No additional duty fees.  11 days from the time of clicking "purchase" isn't so bad.

 

They're beautiful.  No QC issues.  Couldn't be happier.

 

-e

I put my order in on Nov 18, they sent my shoes on Sat Nov 23 and I received them on Monday Nov 25.  I'm in Philly...2 days via fedex from spain with no duties.  I received these shoes http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339, and the quality is quite good.  I'm very impressed.  It is worth mentioning that I did put an order in for 2 pairs...same shoe in both black and dark brown.  Sandro @ Meermin emailed me apologizing that they only sent 1 pair, when they should have sent both together.  They offered me a free belt for "poor" service for the inconvenience.  Looking forward to receiving my second pair with the free belt.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes