or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 552

post #8266 of 11786

Shell is 320euro and the MTO charge is another 100euro. These include VAT @21% but don't include postage

post #8267 of 11786

Awesome, thanks for that!

post #8268 of 11786
Went to the trunk show this morning. Think I was third in the door with two other people. It is on the top/4th floor of the address. The non-descript looking door next to Lulemon. You need to buzz to get in. Not sure which buzzer it was, but don't recall it being marked (I followed up the two other people and the first person hit the buzzer).

Here are some pics:


















post #8269 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Went to the trunk show this morning. Think I was third in the door with two other people. It is on the top/4th floor of the address. The non-descript looking door next to Lulemon. You need to buzz to get in. Not sure which buzzer it was, but don't recall it being marked (I followed up the two other people and the first person hit the buzzer).

Here are some pics:


















Very nice. How was pricing and availability for the shells?

post #8270 of 11786

Is that a punched cap toe burgundy oxford??

post #8271 of 11786

I'll likely stop in on my way to the trunk show Saturday. Did they have the suede chukkas?

post #8272 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Very nice. How was pricing and availability for the shells?
did not ask for pricing on shell, but calf classic was US $210. Not sure what Linea Maestro was. I think they might have only had one size run for each shoe. Pepe said they brought two hundred pairs of shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Is that a punched cap toe burgundy oxford??
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJr View Post

I'll likely stop in on my way to the trunk show Saturday. Did they have the suede chukkas?
they did in dark brown but did not get pics as they were not on display, but the gentlemen that were there were trying them on.
post #8273 of 11786

Why didn't you take a photo of them and say "You're going to be on styleforum. Now you're famous."?

post #8274 of 11786
punched burgundy oxford looks great, MTO?

So, after about what seems like 2 months total of receiving my first pair, returning to Meermin, and just today picking up the new pair, I can say I am pretty happy seeing how the latter fits my feet. I am a Hiro size UK 8. redface.gif

I do not see anything wrong with the pair i.e. cosmetic flaws. My big toe and pinky toe are not pinching. Fits snug but not tight, so, I imagine they will stretch out just enough upon multiple wears.

Question, what shoe trees did you guys find best? I inserted some old cedar shoe trees I picked up from random shops and it did not fit the last that well. Appreciate any suggestions.

Will give these about 2 weeks wear (rotating in between) before deciding whether I want to go MTO, or another classic pair. The Hiro shape I find quite nice. The next narrower last, Olfe, I may need to size up 2 from my usual UK 7.5,
post #8275 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

punched burgundy oxford looks great, MTO?

So, after about what seems like 2 months total of receiving my first pair, returning to Meermin, and just today picking up the new pair, I can say I am pretty happy seeing how the latter fits my feet. I am a Hiro size UK 8. redface.gif

I do not see anything wrong with the pair i.e. cosmetic flaws. My big toe and pinky toe are not pinching. Fits snug but not tight, so, I imagine they will stretch out just enough upon multiple wears.

Question, what shoe trees did you guys find best? I inserted some old cedar shoe trees I picked up from random shops and it did not fit the last that well. Appreciate any suggestions.

Will give these about 2 weeks wear (rotating in between) before deciding whether I want to go MTO, or another classic pair. The Hiro shape I find quite nice. The next narrower last, Olfe, I may need to size up 2 from my usual UK 7.5,

I find Bexley trees fit OK
post #8276 of 11786
So does that mean meermin is going to fix its QC issues if they're trying to spread to USA so aggressively? Can't show great stuff at trunk shows and have subpar stuff when the MTO orders come in
post #8277 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

So does that mean meermin is going to fix its QC issues if they're trying to spread to USA so aggressively? Can't show great stuff at trunk shows and have subpar stuff when the MTO orders come in
Why can't they? What's different from showing great stuff online then sending subpar stuff?
post #8278 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Why can't they? What's different from showing great stuff online then sending subpar stuff?

Well then it's like a bait and switch.
post #8279 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Well then it's like a bait and switch.
Don't get me wrong; they are capable of great things, its just a shame they're so hit and miss
post #8280 of 11786
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Don't get me wrong; they are capable of great things, its just a shame they're so hit and miss

My sentiment exactly. I very much want to order from them, but it just seems to risky.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes