Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 548
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8207 of 1447711/6/13 at 1:58ampost #8208 of 1447711/6/13 at 12:53pmpost #8209 of 1447711/6/13 at 1:19pm
Until now I've tried on both the Hiro and the Ama last. I especially liked the Ama wholecuts but both pairs of shoes needed to be returned for the same reason: the shoes fit great all around but they are slightly too short. The toes on my feet (my right foot especially) are unconfortably crushed together because the area where the toe box becomes narrower is just a bit too close to the heel. Because otherwise the fit for both lasts is great in my size I am really hesistant to size up in the same last for fear of heel slippage and getting a sloppy fit overall.
After reading up I wonder if the answer to my plight might be the narrower New Rey last.
Normally sizing up half is recommended in this last and most people seem to have followed this advice.
Does this mean my following presumption is true: (1) A 10 in New Rey fits like a 9.5 in the other lasts when it comes to width but (2) it is slightly longer so the area where the shoes become narrower at the toebox starts somewhat further from the back of the shoe?
Anyone with experience in both New Rey and the normal width lasts who cares to elaborate?
Edited by All Tatters - 11/6/13 at 1:52pmpost #8210 of 1447711/6/13 at 10:59pmpost #8211 of 1447711/7/13 at 10:03am
Hey All, long-time lurker, first time poster etc. etc.
I've put in an order for a pair of the classic collection, black calf double monks (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1949) and was hoping for some retrospective assurance regarding sizing. In return, I promise pics upon delivery.
I've zero experience with nice shoes - closest I've come is a pair of Made in India Loake loafers that are in absolute tatters. I'm pretty sure they're a size UK10 (though I can't tell for sure anymore as the size info has been worn away from the inside of the shoes) and I wear UK10 in Nike/Vans etc. and UK9 in Doc Marten boots.
Based on my reading of this thread and an email conversation with the folks at Meermin, I plumped for size UK9.5 in the Meermin double monks. Anyone care to speculate as to whether that seems a good choice?
Martin (Ireland)post #8212 of 1447711/7/13 at 11:47am
^ in my opinion they are true to size. Might need to size down 0.5 but impossible to say for sure. I can list my sizes below if it helps...
AE all lasts US 14
Meermin New Rey UK 13-13.5
Carmina Simpson UK 12-12.5
AS 48 last UK 12-12.5
Loake Capital (Pimlico) UK 12.5 if I could use the Capital last width wisepost #8213 of 1447711/8/13 at 3:30pmpost #8214 of 1447711/8/13 at 3:37pmpost #8215 of 1447711/9/13 at 12:46ampost #8216 of 1447711/9/13 at 7:02ampost #8217 of 1447711/9/13 at 10:00ampost #8218 of 1447711/9/13 at 12:55pmpost #8219 of 1447711/9/13 at 1:20pm
I am looking for black cap toe oxfords and was wondering if you could advise on how the following four models compare:
Loake 1880 Aldwych
Which one would you reommend?post #8220 of 1447711/9/13 at 1:58pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
- › Borrelli cotton and linen white shirt size 16/41 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 10 minutes ago
- › Design work I wish I'd done 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?