Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 548
Styleforum Top Picks
Until now I've tried on both the Hiro and the Ama last. I especially liked the Ama wholecuts but both pairs of shoes needed to be returned for the same reason: the shoes fit great all around but they are slightly too short. The toes on my feet (my right foot especially) are unconfortably crushed together because the area where the toe box becomes narrower is just a bit too close to the heel. Because otherwise the fit for both lasts is great in my size I am really hesistant to size up in the same last for fear of heel slippage and getting a sloppy fit overall.
After reading up I wonder if the answer to my plight might be the narrower New Rey last.
Normally sizing up half is recommended in this last and most people seem to have followed this advice.
Does this mean my following presumption is true: (1) A 10 in New Rey fits like a 9.5 in the other lasts when it comes to width but (2) it is slightly longer so the area where the shoes become narrower at the toebox starts somewhat further from the back of the shoe?
Anyone with experience in both New Rey and the normal width lasts who cares to elaborate?
Edited by All Tatters - 11/6/13 at 1:52pm
Hey All, long-time lurker, first time poster etc. etc.
I've put in an order for a pair of the classic collection, black calf double monks (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1949) and was hoping for some retrospective assurance regarding sizing. In return, I promise pics upon delivery.
I've zero experience with nice shoes - closest I've come is a pair of Made in India Loake loafers that are in absolute tatters. I'm pretty sure they're a size UK10 (though I can't tell for sure anymore as the size info has been worn away from the inside of the shoes) and I wear UK10 in Nike/Vans etc. and UK9 in Doc Marten boots.
Based on my reading of this thread and an email conversation with the folks at Meermin, I plumped for size UK9.5 in the Meermin double monks. Anyone care to speculate as to whether that seems a good choice?
^ in my opinion they are true to size. Might need to size down 0.5 but impossible to say for sure. I can list my sizes below if it helps...
AE all lasts US 14
Meermin New Rey UK 13-13.5
Carmina Simpson UK 12-12.5
AS 48 last UK 12-12.5
Loake Capital (Pimlico) UK 12.5 if I could use the Capital last width wise
I am looking for black cap toe oxfords and was wondering if you could advise on how the following four models compare:
Loake 1880 Aldwych
Which one would you reommend?
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › CHALLENGE: SW&D does "Traditional" DEADLINE JULY 12, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › COMMON PROJECTS DRESS CHUKKA - SIZE 42 9 minutes ago
- › Nike + Kevin Lyons - AIR YOU BREATHE - Windrunner Medium 11 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 17 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...