Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 548
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8207 of 1369111/6/13 at 1:58ampost #8208 of 1369111/6/13 at 12:53pmpost #8209 of 1369111/6/13 at 1:19pm
Until now I've tried on both the Hiro and the Ama last. I especially liked the Ama wholecuts but both pairs of shoes needed to be returned for the same reason: the shoes fit great all around but they are slightly too short. The toes on my feet (my right foot especially) are unconfortably crushed together because the area where the toe box becomes narrower is just a bit too close to the heel. Because otherwise the fit for both lasts is great in my size I am really hesistant to size up in the same last for fear of heel slippage and getting a sloppy fit overall.
After reading up I wonder if the answer to my plight might be the narrower New Rey last.
Normally sizing up half is recommended in this last and most people seem to have followed this advice.
Does this mean my following presumption is true: (1) A 10 in New Rey fits like a 9.5 in the other lasts when it comes to width but (2) it is slightly longer so the area where the shoes become narrower at the toebox starts somewhat further from the back of the shoe?
Anyone with experience in both New Rey and the normal width lasts who cares to elaborate?
Edited by All Tatters - 11/6/13 at 1:52pmpost #8210 of 1369111/6/13 at 10:59pmpost #8211 of 1369111/7/13 at 10:03am
Hey All, long-time lurker, first time poster etc. etc.
I've put in an order for a pair of the classic collection, black calf double monks (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1949) and was hoping for some retrospective assurance regarding sizing. In return, I promise pics upon delivery.
I've zero experience with nice shoes - closest I've come is a pair of Made in India Loake loafers that are in absolute tatters. I'm pretty sure they're a size UK10 (though I can't tell for sure anymore as the size info has been worn away from the inside of the shoes) and I wear UK10 in Nike/Vans etc. and UK9 in Doc Marten boots.
Based on my reading of this thread and an email conversation with the folks at Meermin, I plumped for size UK9.5 in the Meermin double monks. Anyone care to speculate as to whether that seems a good choice?
Martin (Ireland)post #8212 of 1369111/7/13 at 11:47am
^ in my opinion they are true to size. Might need to size down 0.5 but impossible to say for sure. I can list my sizes below if it helps...
AE all lasts US 14
Meermin New Rey UK 13-13.5
Carmina Simpson UK 12-12.5
AS 48 last UK 12-12.5
Loake Capital (Pimlico) UK 12.5 if I could use the Capital last width wisepost #8213 of 1369111/8/13 at 3:30pmpost #8214 of 1369111/8/13 at 3:37pmpost #8215 of 1369111/9/13 at 12:46ampost #8216 of 1369111/9/13 at 7:02ampost #8217 of 1369111/9/13 at 10:00ampost #8218 of 1369111/9/13 at 12:55pmpost #8219 of 1369111/9/13 at 1:20pm
I am looking for black cap toe oxfords and was wondering if you could advise on how the following four models compare:
Loake 1880 Aldwych
Which one would you reommend?post #8220 of 1369111/9/13 at 1:58pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe style for big feet 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015