Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 548post #8207 of 1579111/6/13 at 1:58ampost #8208 of 1579111/6/13 at 12:53pmpost #8209 of 1579111/6/13 at 1:19pm
Until now I've tried on both the Hiro and the Ama last. I especially liked the Ama wholecuts but both pairs of shoes needed to be returned for the same reason: the shoes fit great all around but they are slightly too short. The toes on my feet (my right foot especially) are unconfortably crushed together because the area where the toe box becomes narrower is just a bit too close to the heel. Because otherwise the fit for both lasts is great in my size I am really hesistant to size up in the same last for fear of heel slippage and getting a sloppy fit overall.
After reading up I wonder if the answer to my plight might be the narrower New Rey last.
Normally sizing up half is recommended in this last and most people seem to have followed this advice.
Does this mean my following presumption is true: (1) A 10 in New Rey fits like a 9.5 in the other lasts when it comes to width but (2) it is slightly longer so the area where the shoes become narrower at the toebox starts somewhat further from the back of the shoe?
Anyone with experience in both New Rey and the normal width lasts who cares to elaborate?
Edited by All Tatters - 11/6/13 at 1:52pmpost #8210 of 1579111/6/13 at 10:59pmpost #8211 of 1579111/7/13 at 10:03am
Hey All, long-time lurker, first time poster etc. etc.
I've put in an order for a pair of the classic collection, black calf double monks (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1949) and was hoping for some retrospective assurance regarding sizing. In return, I promise pics upon delivery.
I've zero experience with nice shoes - closest I've come is a pair of Made in India Loake loafers that are in absolute tatters. I'm pretty sure they're a size UK10 (though I can't tell for sure anymore as the size info has been worn away from the inside of the shoes) and I wear UK10 in Nike/Vans etc. and UK9 in Doc Marten boots.
Based on my reading of this thread and an email conversation with the folks at Meermin, I plumped for size UK9.5 in the Meermin double monks. Anyone care to speculate as to whether that seems a good choice?
Martin (Ireland)post #8212 of 1579111/7/13 at 11:47am
^ in my opinion they are true to size. Might need to size down 0.5 but impossible to say for sure. I can list my sizes below if it helps...
AE all lasts US 14
Meermin New Rey UK 13-13.5
Carmina Simpson UK 12-12.5
AS 48 last UK 12-12.5
Loake Capital (Pimlico) UK 12.5 if I could use the Capital last width wisepost #8213 of 1579111/8/13 at 3:30pmpost #8214 of 1579111/8/13 at 3:37pmpost #8215 of 1579111/9/13 at 12:46ampost #8216 of 1579111/9/13 at 7:02ampost #8217 of 1579111/9/13 at 10:00ampost #8218 of 1579111/9/13 at 12:55pmpost #8219 of 1579111/9/13 at 1:20pm
I am looking for black cap toe oxfords and was wondering if you could advise on how the following four models compare:
Loake 1880 Aldwych
Which one would you reommend?post #8220 of 1579111/9/13 at 1:58pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 58 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...