or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 545

post #8161 of 10263


Thought I'd share a picture of my black shell captoes that have now got a good 10+ wears and a couple of months on them. The cordovan still needs some more wearing in and nourishment, but they're getting there!
post #8162 of 10263

^would you say they are worth the bucks?

post #8163 of 10263
In comparison to what? As far as workmanship goes - they are spot on. As far as cordovan vs calf I much prefer cordovan. But you don't buy cordovan for what it looks like after 3 months, you want to see what it's like in 3 years. It's about the cheapest pair of new cordovan black shoes you'll get your hands on. For sure Alden/Allen edmonds/carmina shell is better quality. But I think as these continue to wear in and get brushed and reno'd these will be as good as those.
So I think the value is there - though the cordovan isn't as good as other brands
post #8164 of 10263

^ this is exactly the answer I was looking for - thanks.

post #8165 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Thanks for the info, have been looking at getting a black and brown one myself.  Going to need to check that size will fit the belt loops on some of my suit trousers though.

I got a black one and returned it, because I felt it was too wide to wear with suits. Note that the buckle is brushed steel - looked a bit cheap, but maybe that's just me.
post #8166 of 10263
I've got a suede belt from them, it's fine but it seems pretty thin and stretchy, like it needs a double facing of leather or something. Looks good though and not all that expensive.
post #8167 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post


I got a black one and returned it, because I felt it was too wide to wear with suits. Note that the buckle is brushed steel - looked a bit cheap, but maybe that's just me.

 

ah did not notice that.  Can sort of see it in the picture, doesn't look like a solid metal buckle

post #8168 of 10263

Some followup on my Austerity boot MTOs:

 

I did get hit with a Fedex duties bill, but it looks like the paperwork issues at Meermin are sorted, because my fedex bill was only $25.

 

I've worn the boots probably about twice a week since I have had them, and I'm really enjoying them. They are showing signs of wear (creases where the leather bends), but that's to be expected. I'm hoping the leather around the ankle breaks in a bit more and gains a bit more flexibility/softness, but I'm expecting that will come with age.

 

I'm wondering if people have any recommendations for shoe trees that are easy to manipulate with boots (the ones I have are a bit of a pain to get into and out of the boot), and recommendations for a longer shoelace -- I've got them laced in a way that gives me room with the 'stock' laces, but it's definitely not a easy lacing system! Some more length would be great.

post #8169 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombus View Post

In comparison to what? As far as workmanship goes - they are spot on. As far as cordovan vs calf I much prefer cordovan. But you don't buy cordovan for what it looks like after 3 months, you want to see what it's like in 3 years. It's about the cheapest pair of new cordovan black shoes you'll get your hands on. For sure Alden/Allen edmonds/carmina shell is better quality. But I think as these continue to wear in and get brushed and reno'd these will be as good as those.
So I think the value is there - though the cordovan isn't as good as other brands

Any chance you could do a few more beauty shots? I was on the fence 6 months ago when these came out and was looking for some real life pics like this post-honeymoon. Would appreciate more if you could.
post #8170 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Any chance you could do a few more beauty shots? I was on the fence 6 months ago when these came out and was looking for some real life pics like this post-honeymoon. Would appreciate more if you could.

I'll see what I can do for you tonight when I get home! It's pretty overcast today though so natural light won't be the greatest...
post #8171 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombus View Post

I'll see what I can do for you tonight when I get home! It's pretty overcast today though so natural light won't be the greatest...

No prob and no rush, whenever; I'm sub'd lurker[1].gif
post #8172 of 10263

Only wore them around the house... now that I got pretty pics I can unleash these bad boys @work.

 

 

More pics... (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #8173 of 10263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Only wore them around the house... now that I got pretty pics I can unleash these bad boys @work.



More pics... (Click to show)




 






 






 







Nice! Great polishing work!
post #8174 of 10263
Fantastic polish job, good work!! I'm gonna give mine another go over tonight now
post #8175 of 10263
Big thumbs up - great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Only wore them around the house... now that I got pretty pics I can unleash these bad boys @work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes