Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 55post #812 of 155266/14/12 at 11:40ampost #813 of 155266/14/12 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time.
I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)
The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.
The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.
Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.
Edited by Frankie22 - 6/14/12 at 1:53pmpost #814 of 155266/14/12 at 12:01pmpost #815 of 155266/14/12 at 1:49pmpost #816 of 155266/14/12 at 2:05pmpost #817 of 155266/14/12 at 2:23pmI'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?post #818 of 155266/14/12 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jakezero
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?
They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:post #819 of 155266/14/12 at 2:42pmpost #820 of 155266/14/12 at 2:52pmpost #821 of 155266/14/12 at 3:00pmpost #822 of 155266/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:
I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones , but that is a consequence of geography.
I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon.post #823 of 155266/14/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
No need for that at all. The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite.post #824 of 155266/15/12 at 4:28ampost #825 of 155266/15/12 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by bullswin
I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday.
Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.
- Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
- Dark brown shell
- Double leather sole
- Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)
Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › The Existential Dilemma Concerning Boots: Alden 405 Indys vs. Oak... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › #BLM 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 20 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...