Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 55
Styleforum Top Picks
I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time.
I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)
The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.
The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.
Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.
Edited by Frankie22 - 6/14/12 at 1:53pm
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?
They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:
I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones , but that is a consequence of geography.
I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon.
No need for that at all. The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite.
I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday.
Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.
- Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
- Dark brown shell
- Double leather sole
- Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)
Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...