Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 55post #811 of 149046/14/12 at 11:22ampost #812 of 149046/14/12 at 11:40ampost #813 of 149046/14/12 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time.
I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)
The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.
The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.
Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.
Edited by Frankie22 - 6/14/12 at 1:53pmpost #814 of 149046/14/12 at 12:01pmpost #815 of 149046/14/12 at 1:49pmpost #816 of 149046/14/12 at 2:05pmpost #817 of 149046/14/12 at 2:23pmI'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?post #818 of 149046/14/12 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jakezero
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?
They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:post #819 of 149046/14/12 at 2:42pmpost #820 of 149046/14/12 at 2:52pmpost #821 of 149046/14/12 at 3:00pmpost #822 of 149046/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:
I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones , but that is a consequence of geography.
I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon.post #823 of 149046/14/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
No need for that at all. The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite.post #824 of 149046/15/12 at 4:28ampost #825 of 149046/15/12 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by bullswin
I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday.
Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.
- Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
- Dark brown shell
- Double leather sole
- Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)
Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › Need Supply - official Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide