Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 55post #811 of 144586/14/12 at 11:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #812 of 144586/14/12 at 11:40ampost #813 of 144586/14/12 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time.
I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)
The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.
The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.
Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.
Edited by Frankie22 - 6/14/12 at 1:53pmpost #814 of 144586/14/12 at 12:01pmpost #815 of 144586/14/12 at 1:49pmpost #816 of 144586/14/12 at 2:05pmpost #817 of 144586/14/12 at 2:23pmI'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?post #818 of 144586/14/12 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jakezero
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?
They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:post #819 of 144586/14/12 at 2:42pmpost #820 of 144586/14/12 at 2:52pmpost #821 of 144586/14/12 at 3:00pmpost #822 of 144586/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:
I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones , but that is a consequence of geography.
I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon.post #823 of 144586/14/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
No need for that at all. The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite.post #824 of 144586/15/12 at 4:28ampost #825 of 144586/15/12 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by bullswin
I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday.
Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.
- Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
- Dark brown shell
- Double leather sole
- Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)
Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 11 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 seconds ago
- › Carmina Women's Johdpur boot - New - 4.5uk 32 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 45 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...