Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 55post #811 of 135106/14/12 at 11:22am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #812 of 135106/14/12 at 11:40ampost #813 of 135106/14/12 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by joiji
I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time.
I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)
The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.
The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.
Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.
Edited by Frankie22 - 6/14/12 at 1:53pmpost #814 of 135106/14/12 at 12:01pmpost #815 of 135106/14/12 at 1:49pmpost #816 of 135106/14/12 at 2:05pmpost #817 of 135106/14/12 at 2:23pmI'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?post #818 of 135106/14/12 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jakezero
I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?
They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:post #819 of 135106/14/12 at 2:42pmpost #820 of 135106/14/12 at 2:52pmpost #821 of 135106/14/12 at 3:00pmpost #822 of 135106/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:
I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones , but that is a consequence of geography.
I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon.post #823 of 135106/14/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
No need for that at all. The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite.post #824 of 135106/15/12 at 4:28ampost #825 of 135106/15/12 at 4:35amQuote:Originally Posted by bullswin
I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday.
Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.
- Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
- Dark brown shell
- Double leather sole
- Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)
Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › True Detective Season 2 15 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 49 seconds ago
- › Follow Styleforum on Instagram 1 minute ago
- › Songs for Katy Perry's Next Album 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 3 minutes ago
- › GAY? 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...