or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 539

post #8071 of 10278

I'm going to buy the Tan Country Calf, but i'm not sure about the size. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Broadstreet 7.5 E on the "3 Last (73)" that fits me good.

Which size do you think i should get in these? 

post #8072 of 10278

I received my first pair of Meermin earlier this week--the snuff suede chukka.  This is an iPhone picture, but it captures the color pretty well. I'd say there is a little more brown and a little less rust than the pictures on Meermin's website.  I think it's an ideal shade, a very versatile color.  

 

Construction is excellent--it's an extremely "solid" feeling boot.  You'll find better suede at the higher end, but these have a nice nap that should age well. 

 

The look is a bit sleeker than I expected--a little more narrow through mid-foot and more point at the toe.  They pair well with trousers or a suit, but I wasn't crazy about them with jeans.  Is the rounder Olfe chukka discontinued?     

 

The fit is comfortable, maybe just a hair snug in the toe. Wearable out of the box, and I think they'll loosen up nicely as they break in.  I wear 11.5 D US in dress shoes and went 10.5 UK.  

 

Service was poor, of course--unreturned emails, 30 days of no updates.  But it's like a low-cost airline ... just get me where I want to go.  And they did.  Overall, a nice boot.  

 

 

 

post #8073 of 10278

I think the chukkas also look good with jeans. Just the other day I was sitting in a store and looked to my side where there was a mirror and I thought to myself "Damn, what a nice pair of shoes". They are really versatile.

post #8074 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Service was poor, of course--unreturned emails, 30 days of no updates.  But it's like a low-cost airline ... just get me where I want to go.  And they did.  Overall, a nice boot.  

[/URL]

I wonder what it would cost Meermin to professionalize their online presence. Their ordering/payment system is comically bad, and while they seem to be very nice over e-mail, they barely reply. If in-store ordering is the bulk of their sales then it makes sense not to spend a ton of money improving their e-commerce to cater to the SF crowd, who has got to be the most demanding and nit-picking group of individuals when it comes to clothing that has ever been assembled in the history of mankind. Not to say that SF isn't rightfully demanding given how much money members are typically spending on clothing, but if Meermin's revenue is 95% in-store and very few people know enough about clothes to recognize the flaws that people have identified here, then I don't see much incentive for them to change.
post #8075 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
 

I received my first pair of Meermin earlier this week--the snuff suede chukka.  This is an iPhone picture, but it captures the color pretty well. I'd say there is a little more brown and a little less rust than the pictures on Meermin's website.  I think it's an ideal shade, a very versatile color.

 

Construction is excellent--it's an extremely "solid" feeling boot.  You'll find better suede at the higher end, but these have a nice nap that should age well.

 

The look is a bit sleeker than I expected--a little more narrow through mid-foot and more point at the toe.  They pair well with trousers or a suit, but I wasn't crazy about them with jeans.  Is the rounder Olfe chukka discontinued?  

 

The fit is comfortable, maybe just a hair snug in the toe. Wearable out of the box, and I think they'll loosen up nicely as they break in.  I wear 11.5 D US in dress shoes and went 10.5 UK.

 

Service was poor, of course--unreturned emails, 30 days of no updates.  But it's like a low-cost airline ... just get me where I want to go.  And they did.  Overall, a nice boot.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

That colour is spot on, I have some similar suede chukkas which are just a tad darker but I think this tone is just that bit more versatile.

 

It is good to hear that I am not alone with long waiting times and no replies...well not good but they seem consistent in some things.

post #8076 of 10278
Irish, nice looking boots, but the socks are better.

Anyone looking for a pair of Museum calf MTO, I have mine in B&S
post #8077 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

olfe is very similar to carmina rain last in both sizing and shape

and a couple of notes on the burgundy shell:

-thicker than horween
-not as lustrous as alden #8 but i like that
-color most resembles my crockett & jones burgundy shell

I've mostly avoided meermin due to many people indicating their lasts are narrow. Carmina lists Rain as EE width. Width that I need. Would it be more apt to characterize it closer to Simpson last? If the width is the same, I'd majorly reconsider taking the plunge.
post #8078 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

How the hell did we lose out on burgundy shell? I was in for that frown.gif

I think most demand is for drak brown (instagram pic).

Ian, didn't you try to get a balmoral group going before (unless it was different Ian)? Anyone from that group wants to jump on this?

Do we do Olfe? I know and like that last, and would think a cap toe would be difficult to screw up. Laufer, are you in if we do Olfe?

So we are talking:
Balmoral boot with speed hooks
Dark brown shell
Double leather sole (embedded toe caps up to each member)
Purple lining (?)
post #8079 of 10278
Btw, has anyone tried having a spectator done by Meermin?

We could go for this, but with dark brown and white buckskin (probably difficult to source) or white suede.

post #8080 of 10278
And while I'm at it - what's the latest on the chiselled last, TS?
post #8081 of 10278

Yeah, also any update on the plum museum calf MTO?

post #8082 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

I think most demand is for drak brown (instagram pic).

Ian, didn't you try to get a balmoral group going before (unless it was different Ian)? Anyone from that group wants to jump on this?

Do we do Olfe? I know and like that last, and would think a cap toe would be difficult to screw up. Laufer, are you in if we do Olfe?

So we are talking:
Balmoral boot with speed hooks
Dark brown shell
Double leather sole (embedded toe caps up to each member)
Purple lining (?)

^^ I'm down with those specs - I prefer the purple lining too.

Probably a different ian? I don't recall doing anything of the sort...but then again I don't come here often, maybe I have in the past...

I'm not familiar at all with the Meermin lasts... all I know is I fit in Carmina's Rain last and G&G's MH71 both in 5.5UK.

The Rain last is abit snug on the toe box (pinky toe is hurting) but I've only worn it a few times in the past 2 weeks... seems like it'll loosen and stretch to be more comfortable.
post #8083 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post


I think most demand is for drak brown (instagram pic).

Ian, didn't you try to get a balmoral group going before (unless it was different Ian)? Anyone from that group wants to jump on this?

Do we do Olfe? I know and like that last, and would think a cap toe would be difficult to screw up. Laufer, are you in if we do Olfe?

So we are talking:
Balmoral boot with speed hooks
Dark brown shell
Double leather sole (embedded toe caps up to each member)
Purple lining (?)

 

Sounds good HP.  Think the purple will go well with the dark brown too.  Would prefer to keep it simple and stick to the Hiro but im still in for the Olfe.  Either way lets get this happening, sooner we can order sooner we can wait 3+ months :p

post #8084 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

I think most demand is for drak brown (instagram pic).

Ian, didn't you try to get a balmoral group going before (unless it was different Ian)? Anyone from that group wants to jump on this?

Do we do Olfe? I know and like that last, and would think a cap toe would be difficult to screw up. Laufer, are you in if we do Olfe?

So we are talking:
Balmoral boot with speed hooks
Dark brown shell
Double leather sole (embedded toe caps up to each member)
Purple lining (?)


Yes I am Hiro or Olfe but please no purple lining. How about green lining it looks so much better than purple lining.
post #8085 of 10278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

^^ I'm down with those specs - I prefer the purple lining too.

Probably a different ian? I don't recall doing anything of the sort...but then again I don't come here often, maybe I have in the past...

I'm not familiar at all with the Meermin lasts... all I know is I fit in Carmina's Rain last and G&G's MH71 both in 5.5UK.

The Rain last is abit snug on the toe box (pinky toe is hurting) but I've only worn it a few times in the past 2 weeks... seems like it'll loosen and stretch to be more comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Sounds good HP.  Think the purple will go well with the dark brown too.  Would prefer to keep it simple and stick to the Hiro but im still in for the Olfe.  Either way lets get this happening, sooner we can order sooner we can wait 3+ months tongue.gif



Different Ian then - checked PMs and it was Ian L, will check if he has any members lined up.

Laufer, happy to go with green, don't care much either way regarding lining.

So we're 4 down - any more takers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes