or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 533

post #7981 of 11031

Repost for advice:

 

Hi Guys,
 
I need some sizing help. I am new to the Meermin brand and have not had the time to go thorugh all the pages of the thread, as such, I would appreciate your help.

I wear the following in Allen Edmonds: 8.5E in the 5-last, 9D in the 1-last, 9E in the Daltons, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans and RL Saunders) and 8.5E in the 3-last (Neumora). And I'm a size 42 in Edetal's standard last if anyone's familiar with that.
What should I get in the 101341 - DARK BROWN CALF (Hiro Last) and the 12154 - SNUFF JANUSCALF SUEDE (Olfie last) as a MTO in Naturacalf Burgundy.
 

Is Linea Maestro generally worth the upcharge from Classica? I'm already quite satisfied with Allen Edmonds' leather, so if the Classica is similar to that then good for me.

Thanks!

post #7982 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Anyone gotten a response from meermin lately? I've tried pepe, and the general mailbox, and it's been a week or so

 

The troubling thing is that they respond rather rapidly on Facebook to ask you to email them but then there's a significant delay in getting an email response.

post #7983 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

The troubling thing is that they respond rather rapidly on Facebook to ask you to email them but then there's a significant delay in getting an email response.

It takes a second to reply via Facebook / Instagram but most emails probably have a bunch of random questions that take time to answer and pile up
post #7984 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I wonder if Meermin can re-last a half size smaller. My Museum MTO needs to be sized down by a 1/2 size.

On another note, Cognac is a good color for the light brown Austerity MTO.

I asked them that very thing as the welt was coming off anyway. They said it would upset the balance of the shoe. (Toecap would look disproportionately small)
Cognac is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for doing the guinea pig work!
post #7985 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Are you serious? You bought a pair of shoes online and are angry as hell when they don't fit you, cause the size is "smaller than advertised"? Well, size UK7 comes in a million different actual sizes, depending on brand and last. This is like the first thing you learn when buying footwear. And for example Loake are known to run larger than many other brands, so to have them as a standard is totally wrong, if anything you should be mad at Loake. Which would be equally stupid.
I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.
post #7986 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post

I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.

You don't have time, but you write a paragraph saying how you don't have time?

You say the money is peanuts and doesn't matter, but you've posted several times complaining about it.

Also, his ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Don't be rude.
post #7987 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post

I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.

Well, if you write "I was unfortunate enough to have purchased a pair of their brown tassel loafers listed as size 7 UK. I have 5 pairs of Churches all in size 7 and 3 pairs of Loakes, also in size 7. The loafers are smaller", how should I be able to figure out that you got size 7US? It's easier if you write that, instead of something else. Though I've never heard of Meermin writing out US-sizes in their shoes. Regarding width, like I mentioned before, standard width in one brand doesn't have to be the same standard width in another brand, and even within brands lasts described as standard width may vary in actual width.
post #7988 of 11031

Pasha:

I've always concluded Meermins to be of equal length with different Loake lasts (Loake 1880 - the others are pretty much shit so I know nothing of them). Then again in many shoes the bigger sizes follow a different pattern and logic than the smaller sizes. Anyways if an F last would fit me, I'd be a 13 in the Hiro as I would be a 13 in the Loake, 024, 026 and Capital lasts.

post #7989 of 11031

I tried a few pairs of loafers (sueded tassel in snuff, and sueded penny loafer in navy).  The sizing they gave me based on me providing my shoe size in other makes is a tad generous.   I suppose this is to be expected as a touch too big is more amenable than not being able to fit into the pair.  I actually kind of like it because I can slip into them without the aid of a shoe horn - are are fairly comfortable and the minor amount of heel slippage is negligible and virtually eliminated if you apply the heel grip available via saphir. 

I think I would re-order the same size if they had something that appealed to me.

 

Edit: I'm not sure if it was due to it being my first pair or the fact that I emailed them regarding my fussiness with regard to detail after placing  but before paying for the order but I have not noticed any of the defects in my pair (a small sample size to be sure).

post #7990 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post


You're not getting shell though. And I prefer the look of the meermin boot. Any appetite for a group MTO of a burgundy cordovan shell boot? Would suggest olfe last unless ts new chisel last becomes available anytime soon.

 

Thing is although Kent Wang's bal-boots aren't shell, the over quality and construction of their boots are suppose to be competitive with Edward Green (I think).

 

HOWEVER, I would be TOTALLY down for a burgundy shell bal-boot from Meermin if the price came out to equal or cheaper than the price for Kent Wang's boots.. Just as long it's on the Olfe or Hiro last with speed hooks. Basically I would want the equivalent of the black shell boot listed on Meermin's site except in burgundy shell. 

 

Is this too much to ask???? Ha...

post #7991 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

I asked them that very thing as the welt was coming off anyway. They said it would upset the balance of the shoe. (Toecap would look disproportionately small)
Cognac is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for doing the guinea pig work!

Interesting, EG said no problem. I have heard others get it done.

No problem.
post #7992 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Interesting, EG said no problem. I have heard others get it done.

No problem.

Might've just been being dicks to me
post #7993 of 11031
I sent an email to Pepe. I should know in a day or so.

Sorry, I was referring to other shoemakers.
post #7994 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I sent an email to Pepe. I should know in a day or so.

Sorry, I was referring to other shoemakers.
Good luck. Do your boots fit?
post #7995 of 11031
Yes, and if they stretch I can wear thicker socks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes