^ photos of sole peeling, please.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Today
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 532
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7967 of 1443810/6/13 at 8:44amQuote:
You're not getting shell though. And I prefer the look of the meermin boot. Any appetite for a group MTO of a burgundy cordovan shell boot? Would suggest olfe last unless ts new chisel last becomes available anytime soon.post #7968 of 1443810/6/13 at 9:15ampost #7969 of 1443810/6/13 at 9:22ampost #7970 of 1443810/6/13 at 9:31ampost #7971 of 1443810/6/13 at 9:36ampost #7972 of 1443810/6/13 at 9:50ampost #7973 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:18ampost #7974 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:28ampost #7975 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:37am
Repost for advice:
I need some sizing help. I am new to the Meermin brand and have not had the time to go thorugh all the pages of the thread, as such, I would appreciate your help.
I wear the following in Allen Edmonds: 8.5E in the 5-last, 9D in the 1-last, 9E in the Daltons, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans and RL Saunders) and 8.5E in the 3-last (Neumora). And I'm a size 42 in Edetal's standard last if anyone's familiar with that.
What should I get in the 101341 - DARK BROWN CALF (Hiro Last) and the 12154 - SNUFF JANUSCALF SUEDE (Olfie last) as a MTO in Naturacalf Burgundy.
Is Linea Maestro generally worth the upcharge from Classica? I'm already quite satisfied with Allen Edmonds' leather, so if the Classica is similar to that then good for me.
Thanks!post #7976 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:40amQuote:
The troubling thing is that they respond rather rapidly on Facebook to ask you to email them but then there's a significant delay in getting an email response.post #7977 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:45amQuote:
It takes a second to reply via Facebook / Instagram but most emails probably have a bunch of random questions that take time to answer and pile uppost #7978 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:49amQuote:
I asked them that very thing as the welt was coming off anyway. They said it would upset the balance of the shoe. (Toecap would look disproportionately small)
Cognac is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for doing the guinea pig work!post #7979 of 1443810/6/13 at 10:51amQuote:I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
Are you serious? You bought a pair of shoes online and are angry as hell when they don't fit you, cause the size is "smaller than advertised"? Well, size UK7 comes in a million different actual sizes, depending on brand and last. This is like the first thing you learn when buying footwear. And for example Loake are known to run larger than many other brands, so to have them as a standard is totally wrong, if anything you should be mad at Loake. Which would be equally stupid.post #7980 of 1443810/6/13 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Pasha
I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.
You don't have time, but you write a paragraph saying how you don't have time?
You say the money is peanuts and doesn't matter, but you've posted several times complaining about it.
Also, his ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Don't be rude.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Alden Ravello Plain Toe Blucher size 8.5D on Barrie / BNIB 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...