^ photos of sole peeling, please.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 532post #7967 of 1509610/6/13 at 8:44amQuote:
You're not getting shell though. And I prefer the look of the meermin boot. Any appetite for a group MTO of a burgundy cordovan shell boot? Would suggest olfe last unless ts new chisel last becomes available anytime soon.post #7968 of 1509610/6/13 at 9:15ampost #7969 of 1509610/6/13 at 9:22ampost #7970 of 1509610/6/13 at 9:31ampost #7971 of 1509610/6/13 at 9:36ampost #7972 of 1509610/6/13 at 9:50ampost #7973 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:18ampost #7974 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:28ampost #7975 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:37am
Repost for advice:
I need some sizing help. I am new to the Meermin brand and have not had the time to go thorugh all the pages of the thread, as such, I would appreciate your help.
I wear the following in Allen Edmonds: 8.5E in the 5-last, 9D in the 1-last, 9E in the Daltons, 9E in the 2-last (New Orleans and RL Saunders) and 8.5E in the 3-last (Neumora). And I'm a size 42 in Edetal's standard last if anyone's familiar with that.
What should I get in the 101341 - DARK BROWN CALF (Hiro Last) and the 12154 - SNUFF JANUSCALF SUEDE (Olfie last) as a MTO in Naturacalf Burgundy.
Is Linea Maestro generally worth the upcharge from Classica? I'm already quite satisfied with Allen Edmonds' leather, so if the Classica is similar to that then good for me.
Thanks!post #7976 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:40amQuote:
The troubling thing is that they respond rather rapidly on Facebook to ask you to email them but then there's a significant delay in getting an email response.post #7977 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:45amQuote:
It takes a second to reply via Facebook / Instagram but most emails probably have a bunch of random questions that take time to answer and pile uppost #7978 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:49amQuote:
I asked them that very thing as the welt was coming off anyway. They said it would upset the balance of the shoe. (Toecap would look disproportionately small)
Cognac is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for doing the guinea pig work!post #7979 of 1509610/6/13 at 10:51amQuote:I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
Are you serious? You bought a pair of shoes online and are angry as hell when they don't fit you, cause the size is "smaller than advertised"? Well, size UK7 comes in a million different actual sizes, depending on brand and last. This is like the first thing you learn when buying footwear. And for example Loake are known to run larger than many other brands, so to have them as a standard is totally wrong, if anything you should be mad at Loake. Which would be equally stupid.post #7980 of 1509610/6/13 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Pasha
I see you've learned a couple of things in your life, my little vulgarian. Sorry to inform you that you appear to have managed to do it wrong in each case. My width is medium, which is an F, I think, in Church's. The meermin last is narrower, and these particular shoes are size 7 US, not 7 UK. But I am not going to waste my time arguing with you or anyone else here. It'd be equally stupid, albeit slightly more productive, to teach my cat to speak French. And I will never waste my time trying to ascertaining that in their case, size 7UK is actually size 7US, or 3 1/2 Mongolian, or whatever. I just don't have that much of spare time on my hand. And I don't care about the money that I lost. It's peanuts. So I won't even bother to try to return them. Will donate this award artisanal misconception to the local housing works thrift shop around the corner.
You don't have time, but you write a paragraph saying how you don't have time?
You say the money is peanuts and doesn't matter, but you've posted several times complaining about it.
Also, his ethnicity has nothing to do with it. Don't be rude.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 24 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 28 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 47 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding