Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 531post #7951 of 1447610/5/13 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7952 of 1447610/5/13 at 12:39pmpost #7953 of 1447610/5/13 at 1:17pmI bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.post #7954 of 1447610/5/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by konda
I have the copper and they're so close to the snuff that I see no versatility issues. I have swatches of snuff and tobacco (and my monks are of copper) and they all go with the same types of sets. Of course if you're a color freak and compare the elements of your sets with fashion PMS swatches...
Really? It may be monitor subjectivity but the copper looks almost bright orange to me. Thanks for the info anyway, filed away for if and when I'm ready to spring for special order!post #7955 of 1447610/5/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pasha
I bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.
Could you provide more information? Model, last and size along with comparison of what you normally wear and fit?post #7956 of 1447610/5/13 at 2:30pmQuote:
Nono definitely not orange. It is brighter but can be worn with all the same sets as the snuff of tobacco.post #7957 of 1447610/5/13 at 3:16pmpost #7958 of 1447610/5/13 at 4:47pmpost #7959 of 1447610/5/13 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.
See that burgundy shell looks burgundy as opposed to dark brown from some of the others...
Im normally not a fan of light coloured suedes but the person who got the copper ones, looking good.post #7960 of 1447610/5/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
Are you serious? You bought a pair of shoes online and are angry as hell when they don't fit you, cause the size is "smaller than advertised"? Well, size UK7 comes in a million different actual sizes, depending on brand and last. This is like the first thing you learn when buying footwear. And for example Loake are known to run larger than many other brands, so to have them as a standard is totally wrong, if anything you should be mad at Loake. Which would be equally stupid.post #7961 of 1447610/6/13 at 12:13am
^^ Fair point. I wonder what width fitting you take in Church's, as they are a little narrower than Loake's shoes in my experience. But what is well documented here is how narrow most of Meermin's lasts are. It's hardly a crime - you could say the same of John Lobb or Gaziano & Girling. It takes some trying to see what fits and some just won't be right. Personally, I know I can probably never buy Corthay - it's either too narrow, or going to have a long toe that doesn't look right.
Send them back, size up, and put it down to experience. Then you only have to worry about the terrible quality control. :)post #7962 of 1447610/6/13 at 2:28ampost #7963 of 1447610/6/13 at 3:04ampost #7964 of 1447610/6/13 at 7:52ampost #7965 of 1447610/6/13 at 8:18am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 25 seconds ago
- › Barbour Quilted Waistcoat/Zip-in Liner Gilet Body Warmer 1 minute ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › SCAM ALERT - Alden X J Gilbert Indy Shell Cordovan #8 in 7.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?