or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 531

post #7951 of 10197
They look great Tom, congrats on a good selection.

I like the idea of snuff suede but it covers a broad range. I think I said up thread I prefer the gingerish look of these ones which hit the sweet spot for me, over more demure mossy taupe colored shoes also sometimes called snuff.

That special order copper suede that Meermin does looks great but probably narrows down their versatility by several notches, compared to this snuff.
post #7952 of 10197

Anybody saw the new navy Double Monk on their Instagram? I'm tempted. I like the Olfe last a lot.

post #7953 of 10197

http://statigr.am/p/558638349471305425_10997418

 

For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.

post #7954 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

http://statigr.am/p/558638349471305425_10997418

 

For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.

 

I saw those on Instagram too and they look very very nice. 

post #7955 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

http://statigr.am/p/558638349471305425_10997418

 

For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.

Monkey you make me lol.

 

Join the jodhpur MTO so that we can get that going!

post #7956 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

They look great Tom, congrats on a good selection.

I like the idea of snuff suede but it covers a broad range. I think I said up thread I prefer the gingerish look of these ones which hit the sweet spot for me, over more demure mossy taupe colored shoes also sometimes called snuff.

That special order copper suede that Meermin does looks great but probably narrows down their versatility by several notches, compared to this snuff.

I have the copper and they're so close to the snuff that I see no versatility issues. I have swatches of snuff and tobacco (and my monks are of copper) and they all go with the same types of sets. Of course if you're a color freak and compare the elements of your sets with fashion PMS swatches...

post #7957 of 10197
Which last is that, tom?
post #7958 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Which last is that, tom?
It's on the Olfe.
post #7959 of 10197
I bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.
post #7960 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by konda View Post

I have the copper and they're so close to the snuff that I see no versatility issues. I have swatches of snuff and tobacco (and my monks are of copper) and they all go with the same types of sets. Of course if you're a color freak and compare the elements of your sets with fashion PMS swatches...

Really? It may be monitor subjectivity but the copper looks almost bright orange to me. Thanks for the info anyway, filed away for if and when I'm ready to spring for special order!
post #7961 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post

I bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.

 

Could you provide more information? Model, last and size along with comparison of what you normally wear and fit?

post #7962 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post


Really? It may be monitor subjectivity but the copper looks almost bright orange to me. Thanks for the info anyway, filed away for if and when I'm ready to spring for special order!

Nono definitely not orange. It is brighter but can be worn with all the same sets as the snuff of tobacco.

post #7963 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post

Could you provide more information? Model, last and size along with comparison of what you normally wear and fit?
I was unfortunate enough to have purchased a pair of their brown tassel loafers listed as size 7 UK. I have 5 pairs of Churches all in size 7 and 3 pairs of Loakes, also in size 7. The loafers are smaller.
post #7964 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

A couple of action shots on the first voyage:

 

They look great!

post #7965 of 10197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

http://statigr.am/p/558638349471305425_10997418

 

For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.

 

See that burgundy shell looks burgundy as opposed to dark brown from some of the others...

 

Im normally not a fan of light coloured suedes but the person who got the copper ones, looking good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes