Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 531post #7951 of 1345310/5/13 at 12:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7952 of 1345310/5/13 at 12:39pmpost #7953 of 1345310/5/13 at 1:17pmI bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.post #7954 of 1345310/5/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by konda
I have the copper and they're so close to the snuff that I see no versatility issues. I have swatches of snuff and tobacco (and my monks are of copper) and they all go with the same types of sets. Of course if you're a color freak and compare the elements of your sets with fashion PMS swatches...
Really? It may be monitor subjectivity but the copper looks almost bright orange to me. Thanks for the info anyway, filed away for if and when I'm ready to spring for special order!post #7955 of 1345310/5/13 at 1:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pasha
I bought a pair of their loafers, wore them yesterday for the first time and got the worst blisters I've ever had. The last is very narrow, the left and the right shoe look asymmetrical, the actual size runs much smaller than advertized, and just the way they build their shoes is totally unforgiving for my feet. Hey, even my calves hurt as if I had a strenuous workout by simply walking in those loafers! I'll never wear these shoes again because to me they will forever be associated with the modern incarnation of the Spanish boot.
Could you provide more information? Model, last and size along with comparison of what you normally wear and fit?post #7956 of 1345310/5/13 at 2:30pmQuote:
Nono definitely not orange. It is brighter but can be worn with all the same sets as the snuff of tobacco.post #7957 of 1345310/5/13 at 3:16pmpost #7958 of 1345310/5/13 at 4:47pmpost #7959 of 1345310/5/13 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
For the guys looking for a burgundy loafer. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more meermins, but now I'm tempted. At least non-MTO shoes seem to have less problems.
See that burgundy shell looks burgundy as opposed to dark brown from some of the others...
Im normally not a fan of light coloured suedes but the person who got the copper ones, looking good.post #7960 of 1345310/5/13 at 11:53pmQuote:
Are you serious? You bought a pair of shoes online and are angry as hell when they don't fit you, cause the size is "smaller than advertised"? Well, size UK7 comes in a million different actual sizes, depending on brand and last. This is like the first thing you learn when buying footwear. And for example Loake are known to run larger than many other brands, so to have them as a standard is totally wrong, if anything you should be mad at Loake. Which would be equally stupid.post #7961 of 1345310/6/13 at 12:13am
^^ Fair point. I wonder what width fitting you take in Church's, as they are a little narrower than Loake's shoes in my experience. But what is well documented here is how narrow most of Meermin's lasts are. It's hardly a crime - you could say the same of John Lobb or Gaziano & Girling. It takes some trying to see what fits and some just won't be right. Personally, I know I can probably never buy Corthay - it's either too narrow, or going to have a long toe that doesn't look right.
Send them back, size up, and put it down to experience. Then you only have to worry about the terrible quality control. :)post #7962 of 1345310/6/13 at 2:28ampost #7963 of 1345310/6/13 at 3:04ampost #7964 of 1345310/6/13 at 7:52ampost #7965 of 1345310/6/13 at 8:18am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 36 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burgers....Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Burgers 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › What is a good polo shirt brand. I need very high quality polos... 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...