or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 54

post #796 of 12074

I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time. 

 

I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)

post #797 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Some more photos before wearing the shoes today (this model:http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338). Very comfy after a few hours of wear and like the richness in the color in sunlight. One thing though, are these shoes actually made in Spain? I don't see anything indicating this so going off what other posters mentioned about Chinese-made shoes in the Japan store, I think they may be Chinese made? Still nice shoes regardless but I found it interesting that other than "Meermin Mallorca" I see nothing to indicate the country of origin.
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo2_1280.jpg
[ Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo7_1280.jpg
Sunlight:
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo8_1280.jpg
tumblr_m5l044gzUc1qb0bszo9_1280.jpg

 

Beautiful, beautiful color. I think this just made the decision for me - I'm getting a pair of brown captoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I think I'll be quite sad if they start a wholesale business. There's a certain charm with them not having an online store and everything being done person to person via email. That said, I understand if they do. It's clearly an easier proposition for them to get sales on a larger scale when they don't have to deal with the point of sale area, so to speak, but I can't help but seeing them go the same way as Grenson or Loake and the value bleeding out over time. 

 

I've got a pair of tan longwings and black captoes in production for my next order, I'll make sure to post some pictures when I get them :)

 

This.

 

But then again, I'm sure if they transition into a wholesale business, another company will sprout out to take their place and be what they currently are right now.

post #798 of 12074

Also, I forgot to ask - did you add those toe taps on your double monks or are they factory added, stevent?

post #799 of 12074
how much is the tax? It will be deducted if one orders from out of Spain, correct?
post #800 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

how much is the tax? It will be deducted if one orders from out of Spain, correct?


Yes - VAT is 18%.

post #801 of 12074
Here are some more photos. The New Ray fits a better in the AM, apologies for crappy pics.

469
Lobb (7000 Last) in the middle

261
EG/RLPL (888Last) in the middle

261
C&J Northcote (348 Last) in the middle

469
C&J Finsbury (341 Last) in the middle

469
DC Lewis Porter in the middle

New Ray
261

261

Ama
261


Thinking about a burgundy leather and dark brown suede EG Oundle knock-off
post #802 of 12074
How's the finishing compared to DC Lewis, if you don't mind me asking?
post #803 of 12074
hey guys, I paid on sunday, still no shipping confirmation.

Any idea how long this usually takes?

thanks.
post #804 of 12074
Can I actually order models that are not in the website? How can I browse other models? (overseas order)
post #805 of 12074
Just picked mine up, I think I shouldve went with a 8UK, there is ever so slight heel slippage, but the width is perfect frown.gif
post #806 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

How's the finishing compared to DC Lewis, if you don't mind me asking?

I will check later. But on a quick glance, they are comparable. Meermin-I really like the quality of the leather on my pair. The soles are well done, polishing is uniform. If not for the width, at the toe box, easy keeper. So much so, that I am thinking about getting them stretched and keeping them. I am not a fan of having to ship back, but if I do I'l apply the money towards an MTO pair.
post #807 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I will check later. But on a quick glance, they are comparable. Meermin-I really like the quality of the leather on my pair. The soles are well done, polishing is uniform. If not for the width, at the toe box, easy keeper. So much so, that I am thinking about getting them stretched and keeping them. I am not a fan of having to ship back, but if I do I'l apply the money towards an MTO pair.

looks pretty good on the new rey, but I can see that it is much narrower than some of your other beauties. So I guess now decisions decisions.
post #808 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post

Also, I forgot to ask - did you add those toe taps on your double monks or are they factory added, stevent?

Added myself
post #809 of 12074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

hey guys, I paid on sunday, still no shipping confirmation.
Any idea how long this usually takes?
thanks.

Mine was next day although pepe hasn't replied to my emails yet for the past few days so maybe they are busy
post #810 of 12074
My suede wholecut was shipped today with FedEx confirmation. I paid about 10 days ago and was advised by Jose that my size will be delivered in 10 days. They're pretty busy it seems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes