or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 530

post #7936 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

 

I asked the SAME exact quetsion to Pepe and recieved the same answer back. It's kind of disappointing but understandable I guess. I think I'm just gonna go with the burgundy balmoral boot from Kent Wang.

Of course it is understandable. No real genuine business that manufactures something is willing to make a non standard product at no extra cost. If they do, shame on them and they deserve to go bankrupt. It was like this already a year ago when I ordered my "not in standard manufacturing program" size shoes of UK 13.5. In that case Pepe was willing to waive the MTO charge as a gesture of establishing a good business relation, which was surprising.

post #7937 of 11023

I've worn these about two times. The fit is slightly loose around the forefoot. The left shoe creases pretty well and I don't feel any discomfort, but the right one creases a little weird and was actually digging into my big toe.

 

Here is a picture of how they crease when flexed. Right shoe has a bit of heel lift when I walk (Is this what they call heel slippage?)

 

I put them on before and walked around a bit and it wasn't digging into my toe anymore, so it's comfortable now. Should I size down half a size in the future? Currently wearing 6.5UK on the Hiro last.

 

Also I've ordered a pair of the austerity brogue suede shoes in the olfe last. Should I stay at 6.5UK or size down?


Edited by KZ404 - 10/4/13 at 5:50am
post #7938 of 11023

^if the shoe digs into your toe the shoe is too small! You definitely can't go DOWN in size. Heel slippage is usually about ones instep being low. Not about the shoe being too big. Buy a pair on tongue pads to fix the problem:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-FELT-TONGUE-PADS-Cushion-for-Shoes-Self-Adhesive-Instep-Comfort-Women-Men-/260927568364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc07eb9ec

 

That creasing is normal and occurs on all shoes. Of course leather creases from where it is bent. There's no leather in the world that wouldn't crease when bent.

 

On Olfe you definitely can't go down in size. The Olfe is smaller in width than the Hiro. Either stay at 6.5 or take a 7. Personally it sounds like your problem is with a low instep and wearing shoes that are too small so I'd take a 7. An increase of 0.5 in length doesn't really create any more problems because it only adds approx 1 cm to the total length of the shoe i.e more toe space.

post #7939 of 11023
I find the right shoe creasing inwards behind the toecap and pressing on the tendon over the first big toe knuckle. The shoes are definitely not too small. This affects both the size 9 (too big) and the 8.5. It fkn hurts!
post #7940 of 11023
^ in your case the last is incorrect and there is very little to do about it.
post #7941 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by konda View Post

^ in your case the last is incorrect and there is very little to do about it.
Its improving as they break in so it'll be fine. There'll be no more Olfe in my future anyway
post #7942 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by konda View Post
 

^if the shoe digs into your toe the shoe is too small! You definitely can't go DOWN in size. Heel slippage is usually about ones instep being low. Not about the shoe being too big. Buy a pair on tongue pads to fix the problem:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-FELT-TONGUE-PADS-Cushion-for-Shoes-Self-Adhesive-Instep-Comfort-Women-Men-/260927568364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc07eb9ec

 

That creasing is normal and occurs on all shoes. Of course leather creases from where it is bent. There's no leather in the world that wouldn't crease when bent.

 

On Olfe you definitely can't go down in size. The Olfe is smaller in width than the Hiro. Either stay at 6.5 or take a 7. Personally it sounds like your problem is with a low instep and wearing shoes that are too small so I'd take a 7. An increase of 0.5 in length doesn't really create any more problems because it only adds approx 1 cm to the total length of the shoe i.e more toe space.

Thanks, I'll stay with 6.5UK for the olfe last. I think I'll size down on hiro last for future purchases for a slightly snugger fit. I actually have a high instep, I can fit into a 6UK but with a semi-big V lacing. Was about to iron the shoes to try it un-crease it and re-crease it the way I want, so that it would not press onto my big toe near the knuckle area for the right shoe, but now it seems pretty comfortable while walking with no discomfort.

post #7943 of 11023
how do you iron shoes!!
post #7944 of 11023

I read about people ironing leather shoes by filling the shoes, then put a damp cloth on top of the creased area and slowly run an iron over it to try to smooth out the creases. Haven't tried, but was going to if the creasing on the right shoe kept pressing onto my big toe. 

 

See people do it on their Jordan sneakers (not calf leather), so I thought it was worth a shot on dress shoes.

post #7945 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZ404 View Post
 

I read about people ironing leather shoes by filling the shoes, then put a damp cloth on top of the creased area and slowly run an iron over it to try to smooth out the creases. Haven't tried, but was going to if the creasing on the right shoe kept pressing onto my big toe. 

 

See people do it on their Jordan sneakers (not calf leather), so I thought it was worth a shot on dress shoes.

Try dropping the iron on your foot, and getting the bones set badly. Then your shoes will crease differently. As long as you're putting the same foot in the shoe, it's going to bend and flex in the same places.

 

Also, if something is borderline too-small, then going down a size is the worst thing you could do. Not every last fits every person. You may have just found that the Hiro last is not quite right for your feet, in terms of proportions.

post #7946 of 11023

This is actually the first time the shoe creased like this for me on the right shoe which was what made me think the shoe wasa little too big. My other shoes all crease the same on both the left and right shoes, perpendicular to the shoe instead of the weird swerve up to the near toe cap on the right shoe.

 

If they have a trunk show at New York in November, I'll try the sizes again.


Edited by KZ404 - 10/4/13 at 8:21am
post #7947 of 11023
My Alicante suedes have arrived:



post #7948 of 11023
Tom, what trees are those? They look a good fit
post #7949 of 11023
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Tom, what trees are those? They look a good fit

They are a good fit. However, these are generic trees I purchased many years ago and have no idea where from. No brand name on them, so I'm afraid I cannot tell.
Edited by tomrakewell - 10/5/13 at 3:54am
post #7950 of 11023
A couple of action shots on the first voyage:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes