or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 528

post #7906 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

Gentlemen, I'm contemplating ordering the dark brown raphaello suede oxford, on the Hiro last. I would be thankful for size-recomendations based on your experience.

FYI I currently I wear the following:
EG Chelsea 202 last - 8,5D
Crocket and Jones Lowndes - 8,5E
Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue and Strand - 9D

Since you are in Sweden (I love that country) I would receommed to postpone your purchases until you have an opportunity to try on Meermin shoes. Either in Madrid or when Meermin hold a trunk shoe in Sweden. I seem to remember Meermin having a trunk show in Stockholm not long ago.
I tried ordering Meermin based on the Internet recommendation and I made a mistake. I was lucky to find a buyer as this was MTO. I mean for little more money you could have Carminas at Skoaktiebolaget.

If you make a mistake and have to return them keep in mind the shipping and paid duties are not refundable and it quickly adds up.
post #7907 of 11299

Dear Sirs,

 

Would any of you know how much it would cost (incl. shipping to the USA) to procure the following austerity wingtip from Meermin's tumblr?

Is MTO the only option for such a style now since I cannot find it on Meermin's online store? Thank you.

 

 

 

http://instagram.com/p/TR_o2rg_iA/

post #7908 of 11299
^^MTO
post #7909 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

Dear Sirs,

 

Would any of you know how much it would cost (incl. shipping to the USA) to procure the following austerity wingtip from Meermin's tumblr?

Is MTO the only option for such a style now since I cannot find it on Meermin's online store? Thank you.

 

Request a material change and see if they'll waive the MTO upcharge: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2729

post #7910 of 11299
True, I forgot they have the Austerity as part of their line-up now.
post #7911 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

Dear Sirs,

 

Would any of you know how much it would cost (incl. shipping to the USA) to procure the following austerity wingtip from Meermin's tumblr?

Is MTO the only option for such a style now since I cannot find it on Meermin's online store? Thank you.

 

 

 

http://instagram.com/p/TR_o2rg_iA/

 

That would have to be the burgundy natracalf wouldn't it?  I've been tossing up on my MTO boot for a week now, wanted shell but I think the meermin shell burgundy looks too brown.  Also the balmoral instagram pic posted a week n half or so ago was dark brown shell not burgundy


Edited by Osiris2012 - 10/2/13 at 12:54pm
post #7912 of 11299
The Instagram says its burgundy, but I don't think it says if shell or not
post #7913 of 11299

Given it takes 12-14 weeks I should just order one of each...you guys have any opinions, or +1s for any preferences.  Its a balmoral boot im getting done, just can't decide on the materials:

 

1) dark brown shell 2) Shell Burgundy 3) Naturacalf burgundy

 

   

post #7914 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

^^MTO

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post
 

 

Request a material change and see if they'll waive the MTO upcharge: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2729

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

True, I forgot they have the Austerity as part of their line-up now.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

 

That would have to be the burgundy natracalf wouldn't it?  I've been tossing up on my MTO boot for a week now, wanted shell but I think the meermin shell burgundy looks too brown.  Also the balmoral instagram pic posted a week n half or so ago was dark brown shell not burgundy

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

The Instagram says its burgundy, but I don't think it says if shell or not

 

Thank you for the advice gentlemen.

Assuming, that there is no MTO upcharge, how much would it cost inclusive shipping to the USA?

I understand we receive a 20% discount by not needing to pay VAT but I believe the shipping removes any savings?

Is there a risk of getting hit by customs fees?

Thank you.

post #7915 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post









Thank you for the advice gentlemen.
Assuming, that there is no MTO upcharge, how much would it cost inclusive shipping to the USA?
I understand we receive a 20% discount by not needing to pay VAT but I believe the shipping removes any savings?
Is there a risk of getting hit by customs fees?
Thank you.
Assuming they waive the MTO charge the shoes would be 215 Euros (for calf) and shipping is 30 euros, around $333 at today's exchange rate
post #7916 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Request a material change and see if they'll waive the MTO upcharge: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2729

That might have changed. I asked Pepe a few days ago if he could make the balmoral shell boot they carry in burgundy instead of black and he said that would incur the MTO surcharge even if it was the only change (i.e. keep it on Hiro last). Would be happy if anyone who has heard the opposite recently could contradict me.
post #7917 of 11299
Are the MTOs made to regular or Linea Maestro standards?
post #7918 of 11299
MTO are made to LM standards, for what it's worth.
post #7919 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post


That might have changed. I asked Pepe a few days ago if he could make the balmoral shell boot they carry in burgundy instead of black and he said that would incur the MTO surcharge even if it was the only change (i.e. keep it on Hiro last). Would be happy if anyone who has heard the opposite recently could contradict me.

 

I asked the SAME exact quetsion to Pepe and recieved the same answer back. It's kind of disappointing but understandable I guess. I think I'm just gonna go with the burgundy balmoral boot from Kent Wang.

post #7920 of 11299
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
 

Dear Sirs,

 

Would any of you know how much it would cost (incl. shipping to the USA) to procure the following austerity wingtip from Meermin's tumblr?

Is MTO the only option for such a style now since I cannot find it on Meermin's online store? Thank you.

 

 

 

http://instagram.com/p/TR_o2rg_iA/

 

Those are my pair and they are burgundy calf. Was the first MTO i organized with Meermin =)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes