or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 526

post #7876 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Konda,

Sorry man I was interested in it but this last austerity boot MTO was a straw that broke the camel back. Meermin needs to hire some six sigma consultants to get their house in order. I do not think anybody expected the first grade leather or flawless stitching from Meermin. However the missing toe plate from one shoe or shark bites and similar construction flaws are just too much especially when one takes into consideration shipping cost, duties paid etc etc.
I think some folks here have expected too much in terms of quality but not too much in terms of the construction.

 

I feel you. Your point is extremely valid.

post #7877 of 11013

My girlfriend is a stickler when it comes to customer service. She said I need to send my boots back because of the missing toe plate. I had to explain to her how much that would cost and how it was not worth it.

 

When my Filson rucksack had stitching fall apart, I took it to the Filson store and they shipped it out and repaired it and shipped it back at a total cost of $0 to me.

 

When I had an issue with my Aldens, they called me and I ended up with free Alden cordovan wax and Alden shoe trees.

 

The missing toe plate really doesn't bother me that much, but it did dishearten me a bit that I am already too dejected by the stories here to even mention it to Meermin.

post #7878 of 11013

I think you should claim the plate and kindly ask for free shoe trees as you need to pay the local cobbler to attach the plate.

post #7879 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Fair doesn't = bad. I like Meermin's designs quite a bit, but the flaws noted above would give anybody pause.
- Off center brogueing;
- Welt coming off, or loosely stitched;
- 'Shark nose' toe;
- Odd leather properties

And for arguments sake, let's say that Loake, C&J and E&G started to display similar issues with their MTOs, do you really think they would say "you complain too much" if brought to their attention?

No shoe manufacturer will ever be perfect. But you have to admit, the rash of problems that have come up recently point to some gaps in their QC.

i guess that we are arguing apples and oranges. My only argument is that when Meermin makes a shoe without flaws it is an exceptional shoe for the money, not whether or not they always make good shoes. I don't frequent this thread often enough (outside of these last few pages since I have been involved in a few discussions) to understand all of the flaws that they create or the poor customer service. As per your list of flaws, well I can tell you that I have seen many crooked patterns, even on the best makers (even sometimes on my own shoes unfortunately), as well as odd leather properties. If a factory with a relatively large output rejected every single small flaw they found on a pair of shoes, they would be out of business.....only the high end makers like G&G and EG can really justify rejecting even the smallest of flaws, as they have to for their retail price....their shoes have much higher QC standards and more handwork involved, so things are paid more attention to. ....not saying that £250-£350 is cheap and doesn't warrant a good shoe in return, but this is just what I have seen since being much more involved in shoemaking and the industry.....

Not sure what a shark nose toe is and for the welt coming off, well that is not acceptable, that I can admit....

Mostly from what I have seen here is complaints about leather and creasing, but one toe plate not being on a shoe while the other has one is completely understandable for one to be angry at. That is just sloppy and negligible QC and a company deserves to be yelled at for that, I know that I would for sure....Look, I am not here to argue in favor of Meermin's ability to deliver great service or consistently deliver a great product just that for their price they make a good shoe (when there are no serious flaws). Whether every shoe they send out is 100% is not something that I could ever know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07 View Post

It is inevitable that some flaws may fall through the crack during the QC process. What I thought is more pertinent is in fact the customer service after the flaws have been flagged out to them.

If they are refusing to settle the issue given it's a major screw up on their part, then I think they probably do not deserve our patronage.

This I agree with 100%
post #7880 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07 View Post

It is inevitable that some flaws may fall through the crack during the QC process. What I thought is more pertinent is in fact the customer service after the flaws have been flagged out to them.

If they are refusing to settle the issue given it's a major screw up on their part, then I think they probably do not deserve our patronage.

 

This hits the nail on the head.  I'm fine receiving defective Allen Edmonds because the Company will make it right without my even needing to press the issue.  Meermin's lack of response and/or concern for all of the problems discussed in this thread leaves me hesitant to buy anything else from them.

post #7881 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07 View Post

It is inevitable that some flaws may fall through the crack during the QC process. What I thought is more pertinent is in fact the customer service after the flaws have been flagged out to them.

If they are refusing to settle the issue given it's a major screw up on their part, then I think they probably do not deserve our patronage.

 

 

I can't imagine voluntarily handing over my money to a company that won't stand behind its product.  Of course nobody is perfect (and some are decidedly less perfect than others) but the response to an identified flaw or deficiency speaks volumes.

post #7882 of 11013
Has meermin refused to fix shoes with QC problems?

Or is the buyer refusing to pay the shipping to go back for them to fix it.? They are two different things. (Meermin says on its website that they do not pay for shipping. They do not hide this fact)
post #7883 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Has meermin refused to fix shoes with QC problems?

Or is the buyer refusing to pay the shipping to go back for them to fix it.? They are two different things. (Meermin says on its website that they do not pay for shipping. They do not hide this fact)

They paid my shipping on my museum calf shoes. I haven't even asked them to fix the boots as I'm not gonna deal with someone who tells me I'm obviously looking for a higher standard than they can provide. What? Straight soles and tight welt stitching is beyond you? Good to know!
post #7884 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


They paid my shipping on my museum calf shoes. I haven't even asked them to fix the boots as I'm not gonna deal with someone who tells me I'm obviously looking for a higher standard than they can provide. What? Straight soles and tight welt stitching is beyond you? Good to know!

 

 

Wow.  Yeah, I'd say they need to aim a little higher than that.

post #7885 of 11013

Ozzy, I'm sure you have stated it somewhere in this thread, but I am lazy: who did you contact about your issues? Pepe? If so, I have his email.

 

I will contact Meermin about my missing toe cap, if only for the benefit of this thread as an experiment, to see what response and options I am given.

post #7886 of 11013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Ozzy, I'm sure you have stated it somewhere in this thread, but I am lazy: who did you contact about your issues? Pepe? If so, I have his email.

I will contact Meermin about my missing toe cap, if only for the benefit of this thread as an experiment, to see what response and options I am given.
It was Pepe.
I get that it could be frustrating to have the same guy come to you with issues every time he buys something but let's face it, the museums were a fkng disaster, they fixed them at no cost to me other than time, great but the least I'd expect. They also put an insole in to help sort the size out for which I was most grateful. Then when I contact him to say I'm not happy about the off line wing, visible welt stitching and the fact that the sole points in a different direction to the toe on the boots I and others have waited four months for I'm told there's nothing wrong, perhaps they're not good enough makers for me and that I didn't thank them for sorting my museums for me! (Yeah, you put an insole in them, after you removed the entire sole and welt to refit it the way it should've been done in the first place if you actually gave a shit!
post #7887 of 11013
About a week late but here's the pics from the Austerity MTO. I've luckily not had the bad QC issues as some of you have spoken about here and my pair seems pretty ok.

The quality might be a bit off as they're taken on my phone





Oh and they fit well unlike my first attempt at Vass confused.gif
post #7888 of 11013

Good morning Sirs!

 

We hope you are all doing well.

 

We haven't been following the thread for a while, and we just saw that some concerns had risen up. So because of that we would like to ask you, that if you need any help or you want to report any issue, please contact us and we will do anything we have in our hands to get them solved as soon as possible.

 

We are not trying to deceive anybody with our products & service, we can assure that we work very hard to improve our service. At the end of the day, we just want you to enjoy your shoes, so because of that please do not hesitate contacting us if any issue rise up.

 

Thanks again for your support guys.

 

Kind regards,

 

- Meermin -

 

 


 

Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

 

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

MTO inquiries please contact Pepe at: pepe@meermin.es

 

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter

post #7889 of 11013

Also we would like to report that we had some issues with our mail server provider and many emails were rejected, if you suffered some of that issues when trying to reach us, please resend your requests again. The service is now fully operative.

 

Sorry if we have caused any inconveniences.

 

Regards,

 

- Meermin -

 


 

Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

 

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

MTO inquiries please contact Pepe at: pepe@meermin.es

 

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter

post #7890 of 11013
Thanks for letting us know, forums tend to magnify the issue since most posters only tend to post when there is an issue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes