Are Meermin lasts consistent throughout? If I am a size 9.5D in AE park aves, what size should I go with for Meermin?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 516
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7727 of 144069/24/13 at 1:34pmpost #7728 of 144069/24/13 at 2:00pmpost #7729 of 144069/24/13 at 3:39pmpost #7730 of 144069/24/13 at 4:44pm
Just opened mine up today! They look great!
I don't have any glaring issues -- I noticed the soles aren't quite lined up with the uppers, but it's not that severe. Nothing anyone other than me would notice. There's some sloppy stitching too, but along the lines of what I expected for the price. Haven't put them on yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
Anyone have a suggested lacing syle for an all-eyelet boot? Something that loosens and tightens relatively easily?post #7731 of 144069/24/13 at 4:59pmQuote:
I don't have much fuss using "european" bar lacing; provided the laces are long enough, they loosen and tighten fairly easily.post #7732 of 144069/24/13 at 6:51pmpost #7733 of 144069/24/13 at 7:18pmpost #7734 of 144069/24/13 at 7:20pmpost #7735 of 144069/24/13 at 7:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by MarioImpemba
I don't have much fuss using "european" bar lacing; provided the laces are long enough, they loosen and tighten fairly easily.
For now I'm going with the modified straight bar lacing -- straight bar lacing with one crossover at the bottom. I like the different look. I am looking forward to when these are broken-in a bit as they aren't particular easy to get on! (Albeit my first experience with non-speedhook boots.)
Here are a copy photos from inside. I'll try and take some outside in natural light tomorrow. (If you see anything terrible wrong with them, be a doll and keep quiet! Ignorance is bliss :)
And a comparison photo to my other "nice" shoes:
From left to right:
Ralph Lauren Sanderson's in Tan (Made by AE on the 222 last, 10E US)
Meermin Austerity Wingtip Boot in Dark Brown (Olfe last, 9UK)
Carmina 80105 in Marron (Simpson last, 9UK)
A couple more photos hidden in the spoilerWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #7736 of 144069/25/13 at 6:05ampost #7737 of 144069/25/13 at 6:49am
The boots after a couple of hours of wearing them yesterday, is this normal, i.e. happening to you guys as well? These little wrinkles are all over the boot, with bigger wrinkles near the toecap. None of my other shoes have this, even brogues I've owned for several years and am using as beaters now.post #7738 of 144069/25/13 at 7:04ampost #7739 of 144069/25/13 at 7:05ampost #7740 of 144069/25/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
The boots after a couple of hours of wearing them yesterday, is this normal, i.e. happening to you guys as well? These little wrinkles are all over the boot, with bigger wrinkles near the toecap. None of my other shoes have this, even brogues I've owned for several years and am using as beaters now.
I think this normal for the leather Meermin uses. We had this issue with Dark Brown Museum calf MTO, some shoes creased better than the others.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › LEMAIRE 41 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...