Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 492post #7367 of 156378/31/13 at 1:20pmpost #7368 of 156378/31/13 at 6:11pmQuote:
Thanks for the update Alex!post #7369 of 156379/1/13 at 9:44am
Just want to get a reality check before I order.
I am considering ordering something from Linea Maestro in a 12.5 New Rey, hoping to fit my foot which is 13.5C in US sizing. In the past I tried a 12 Hiro (by mistake, Meermin sent me the wrong length) and it was too wide on top of being too short. I'm hesitant to go all the way up to a 13 in New Rey, since my right foot is a 13C in US sizing.
Any feedback on whether this might work? Has sizing advice changed at all in the last few months?post #7370 of 156379/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Interesting. I'd want to say that either the Olfe is too small for you or the C&Js are too large and don't fit you perfectly - somewhere in the details is a compromise. I find it improbable to be able to wear both the small Olfe last and the larger C&J lasts well. Are you sacrificing comfort and a good fit somewhere or what? The only other explanation that I can come up with is that the Olfe is wider than I have thought and for some reason fits me way better than it actually should.post #7371 of 156379/1/13 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by konda
Interesting. I'd want to say that either the Olfe is too small for you or the C&Js are too large and don't fit you perfectly - somewhere in the details is a compromise. I find it improbable to be able to wear both the small Olfe last and the larger C&J lasts well. Are you sacrificing comfort and a good fit somewhere or what? The only other explanation that I can come up with is that the Olfe is wider than I have thought and for some reason fits me way better than it actually should.
348 is quite narrow and long though so if your foot is narrow then you could size down a bit more. I can't even get my foot into 348 comfortable until 11uk then it's way too big everywhere else outside of width / insteppost #7372 of 156379/1/13 at 10:28am^Konda, I am a 10.75D US.
The C&J 337 and 348, in 9.5UK, fit me quite well, snug at first. Many of the other C&J lasts don't, especially in 10UK.
My best fitting last is EG 10.5/11E 82 Last.
Olfe 10E fits very well, only slightly large, but not insole or tongue pad needed. In comparison, I cannot get my foot into a 10E New Rey and AMA is very widepost #7373 of 156379/1/13 at 10:42am
^hear, hear, I suspected you'd wear the 348 and the Olfe in different sizes. I'm curious as to how the Olfe fits you in 9.5 UK. Have you tried it?
How is your instep? And I take it you're closer to a US C than you are to an E if the AMA is too wide for you? The HIRO then works well for you providing you have a regular instep, I take it?
Sorry all the questions, hehe.post #7374 of 156379/1/13 at 10:59ampost #7375 of 156379/1/13 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by terrorsquad
Ok guys, here is a picture of the new chiseled last. According to Pepe:
1) similar to the New Rey last but has a different toe box;
2) a more marked edge along the side;
3) a higher instep;
4) a modified heel cup; and
5) more volume on the area below to enhance the fitting of the sleek last
This last will be lasted soon and I will provide more pictures. I personally like it and am imagining it as a as sleek chukka in hatchgrain ala G&G
Looks real good TS - I hate New Ray, but these are a different story. Looking forward to seeing the lasted shoe. Not sure what the talk of U last has been about - why not just mimic TG73, it's the perfect last. Any chance to get on the plum museum single monk MTO? I was reluctant to take the plunge on Olfe, when I'm such a chisel sucker, but they do look great.post #7376 of 156379/1/13 at 4:11pmpost #7377 of 156379/1/13 at 5:16pmpost #7378 of 156379/2/13 at 11:32ampost #7379 of 156379/2/13 at 2:26pmpost #7380 of 156379/2/13 at 8:14pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Reigning Champ Black Henley - M 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...