Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 1:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 8:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 492
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7367 of 136738/31/13 at 1:20pmpost #7368 of 136738/31/13 at 6:11pmQuote:
Thanks for the update Alex!post #7369 of 136739/1/13 at 9:44am
Just want to get a reality check before I order.
I am considering ordering something from Linea Maestro in a 12.5 New Rey, hoping to fit my foot which is 13.5C in US sizing. In the past I tried a 12 Hiro (by mistake, Meermin sent me the wrong length) and it was too wide on top of being too short. I'm hesitant to go all the way up to a 13 in New Rey, since my right foot is a 13C in US sizing.
Any feedback on whether this might work? Has sizing advice changed at all in the last few months?post #7370 of 136739/1/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Interesting. I'd want to say that either the Olfe is too small for you or the C&Js are too large and don't fit you perfectly - somewhere in the details is a compromise. I find it improbable to be able to wear both the small Olfe last and the larger C&J lasts well. Are you sacrificing comfort and a good fit somewhere or what? The only other explanation that I can come up with is that the Olfe is wider than I have thought and for some reason fits me way better than it actually should.post #7371 of 136739/1/13 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by konda
Interesting. I'd want to say that either the Olfe is too small for you or the C&Js are too large and don't fit you perfectly - somewhere in the details is a compromise. I find it improbable to be able to wear both the small Olfe last and the larger C&J lasts well. Are you sacrificing comfort and a good fit somewhere or what? The only other explanation that I can come up with is that the Olfe is wider than I have thought and for some reason fits me way better than it actually should.
348 is quite narrow and long though so if your foot is narrow then you could size down a bit more. I can't even get my foot into 348 comfortable until 11uk then it's way too big everywhere else outside of width / insteppost #7372 of 136739/1/13 at 10:28am^Konda, I am a 10.75D US.
The C&J 337 and 348, in 9.5UK, fit me quite well, snug at first. Many of the other C&J lasts don't, especially in 10UK.
My best fitting last is EG 10.5/11E 82 Last.
Olfe 10E fits very well, only slightly large, but not insole or tongue pad needed. In comparison, I cannot get my foot into a 10E New Rey and AMA is very widepost #7373 of 136739/1/13 at 10:42am
^hear, hear, I suspected you'd wear the 348 and the Olfe in different sizes. I'm curious as to how the Olfe fits you in 9.5 UK. Have you tried it?
How is your instep? And I take it you're closer to a US C than you are to an E if the AMA is too wide for you? The HIRO then works well for you providing you have a regular instep, I take it?
Sorry all the questions, hehe.post #7374 of 136739/1/13 at 10:59ampost #7375 of 136739/1/13 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by terrorsquad
Ok guys, here is a picture of the new chiseled last. According to Pepe:
1) similar to the New Rey last but has a different toe box;
2) a more marked edge along the side;
3) a higher instep;
4) a modified heel cup; and
5) more volume on the area below to enhance the fitting of the sleek last
This last will be lasted soon and I will provide more pictures. I personally like it and am imagining it as a as sleek chukka in hatchgrain ala G&G
Looks real good TS - I hate New Ray, but these are a different story. Looking forward to seeing the lasted shoe. Not sure what the talk of U last has been about - why not just mimic TG73, it's the perfect last. Any chance to get on the plum museum single monk MTO? I was reluctant to take the plunge on Olfe, when I'm such a chisel sucker, but they do look great.post #7376 of 136739/1/13 at 4:11pmpost #7377 of 136739/1/13 at 5:16pmpost #7378 of 136739/2/13 at 11:32ampost #7379 of 136739/2/13 at 2:26pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 10 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Castangia - Plaid Wool Jacket 52 42 Full Canvas Hand... 4 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWT Stile Latino Napoli - Chambray Blue DB Jacket 54... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015