Awesome to know, thanks for the info, will email direct rather than through site when they get back next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/
Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir RenovateurLast edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 480post #7186 of 144728/16/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7187 of 144728/16/13 at 5:46ampost #7188 of 144728/16/13 at 11:34am
They look absolutely stunning. Already seriously considering an mto oxford version of that light tan and red lining combo for next spring/summer.
Personally I am yet to be dissapointed by Meermin. But then again I've only ever purchased one pair (LM).post #7189 of 144728/16/13 at 11:56ampost #7190 of 144728/16/13 at 12:55pmpost #7191 of 144728/16/13 at 3:58pmpost #7192 of 144728/16/13 at 4:25pmpost #7193 of 144728/16/13 at 4:28pmpost #7194 of 144728/16/13 at 7:03pmpost #7195 of 144728/17/13 at 9:33ampost #7196 of 144728/17/13 at 1:57pmpost #7197 of 144728/17/13 at 2:02pmpost #7198 of 144728/18/13 at 12:28amGoing to order two pairs and take the leap
I don't own a proper pair of brown shoes so I thought these two would fill the void nicely. I already have a pair of black cap-toe that I love very much and has similar shape. Also already own a pair of chocolate suede chukkas
Classic line in Hiro last
Handgrade in the New Rey last
Do you guys think the colors and shoe are too similar? I wanted a darker brown for suits and the Classic line did not offer one except the one with the medallion on the cap-toe that I am not fond of.
I take 8.5US or UK7.5 .. should I size TTS? I think a 7.5 in both will be fine, and I do not have a slim foot FWIW.
Also, I will be ordering from California. Any heads up would be appreciated!
I had to look through more photos but it seems Classic line has this in dark brown
Initial photos are like a medium brown. Not reassuring lolpost #7199 of 144728/18/13 at 12:40am
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.post #7200 of 144728/18/13 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.
Fwiw the sample boot pics I posted a few posts back show a direct comparison between LM light and dark brown, albeit in an unfinished state.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?