Awesome to know, thanks for the info, will email direct rather than through site when they get back next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 480post #7186 of 144498/16/13 at 1:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7187 of 144498/16/13 at 5:46ampost #7188 of 144498/16/13 at 11:34am
They look absolutely stunning. Already seriously considering an mto oxford version of that light tan and red lining combo for next spring/summer.
Personally I am yet to be dissapointed by Meermin. But then again I've only ever purchased one pair (LM).post #7189 of 144498/16/13 at 11:56ampost #7190 of 144498/16/13 at 12:55pmpost #7191 of 144498/16/13 at 3:58pmpost #7192 of 144498/16/13 at 4:25pmpost #7193 of 144498/16/13 at 4:28pmpost #7194 of 144498/16/13 at 7:03pmpost #7195 of 144498/17/13 at 9:33ampost #7196 of 144498/17/13 at 1:57pmpost #7197 of 144498/17/13 at 2:02pmpost #7198 of 144498/18/13 at 12:28amGoing to order two pairs and take the leap
I don't own a proper pair of brown shoes so I thought these two would fill the void nicely. I already have a pair of black cap-toe that I love very much and has similar shape. Also already own a pair of chocolate suede chukkas
Classic line in Hiro last
Handgrade in the New Rey last
Do you guys think the colors and shoe are too similar? I wanted a darker brown for suits and the Classic line did not offer one except the one with the medallion on the cap-toe that I am not fond of.
I take 8.5US or UK7.5 .. should I size TTS? I think a 7.5 in both will be fine, and I do not have a slim foot FWIW.
Also, I will be ordering from California. Any heads up would be appreciated!
I had to look through more photos but it seems Classic line has this in dark brown
Initial photos are like a medium brown. Not reassuring lolpost #7199 of 144498/18/13 at 12:40am
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.post #7200 of 144498/18/13 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.
Fwiw the sample boot pics I posted a few posts back show a direct comparison between LM light and dark brown, albeit in an unfinished state.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...