Awesome to know, thanks for the info, will email direct rather than through site when they get back next week.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 480post #7186 of 152958/16/13 at 1:45ampost #7187 of 152958/16/13 at 5:46ampost #7188 of 152958/16/13 at 11:34am
They look absolutely stunning. Already seriously considering an mto oxford version of that light tan and red lining combo for next spring/summer.
Personally I am yet to be dissapointed by Meermin. But then again I've only ever purchased one pair (LM).post #7189 of 152958/16/13 at 11:56ampost #7190 of 152958/16/13 at 12:55pmpost #7191 of 152958/16/13 at 3:58pmpost #7192 of 152958/16/13 at 4:25pmpost #7193 of 152958/16/13 at 4:28pmpost #7194 of 152958/16/13 at 7:03pmpost #7195 of 152958/17/13 at 9:33ampost #7196 of 152958/17/13 at 1:57pmpost #7197 of 152958/17/13 at 2:02pmpost #7198 of 152958/18/13 at 12:28amGoing to order two pairs and take the leap
I don't own a proper pair of brown shoes so I thought these two would fill the void nicely. I already have a pair of black cap-toe that I love very much and has similar shape. Also already own a pair of chocolate suede chukkas
Classic line in Hiro last
Handgrade in the New Rey last
Do you guys think the colors and shoe are too similar? I wanted a darker brown for suits and the Classic line did not offer one except the one with the medallion on the cap-toe that I am not fond of.
I take 8.5US or UK7.5 .. should I size TTS? I think a 7.5 in both will be fine, and I do not have a slim foot FWIW.
Also, I will be ordering from California. Any heads up would be appreciated!
I had to look through more photos but it seems Classic line has this in dark brown
Initial photos are like a medium brown. Not reassuring lolpost #7199 of 152958/18/13 at 12:40am
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.post #7200 of 152958/18/13 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Yeah buying brown online is always tricky, the newer pics were meant to more accurately reflect the products so I am hoping its the dark brown in the newer pics as I agree with you that the initial pics look like a medium brown. I guess the beauty of brown is you can always darken it with polish etc, although not ideal. To answer your question though yes I believe there is sufficient difference between the country calf in your first pic and any of the dark browns you may be considering.
Fwiw the sample boot pics I posted a few posts back show a direct comparison between LM light and dark brown, albeit in an unfinished state.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER winter outerwear size V 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...