or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 468

post #7006 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

The proxy is open to our American friends as well, but if you live in Toronto we can do local pick up.

I'll carry a maximum of 4 pairs (only 1 pair person) and only charge 20 euros each (as I said, 6 hours both ways).

And obviously you pay for shipping from Canada.

If interested, pm me. Like I said, 4 pairs only.

And out of curiosity, is there a Carmina boutique in Madrid?

Oh geez...you had me at Toronto. My fiance is going to kill me (she bought used wedding dress to keep our wedding budget in check). Need to justify my "fancy" shoe purchases. Still need to figure out how the loafers fit compared to Hiro. Will PM you with more details. When is your trip to Madrid again?
post #7007 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post


Can't tell 100% from the pictures, but this could be a burgundy shell boot:

http://meerminshoes.tumblr.com/post/54536895168/jescarpa-el-comienzo-y-el-resultado-final-de-un

Thanks smooth, that indeed looks Burgandy and looks good :)

post #7008 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post

Oh geez...you had me at Toronto. My fiance is going to kill me (she bought used wedding dress to keep our wedding budget in check). Need to justify my "fancy" shoe purchases. Still need to figure out how the loafers fit compared to Hiro. Will PM you with more details. When is your trip to Madrid again?

In about 10 days
post #7009 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post


Really? I get a similar shine with mine. I just use a cream conditioner and Saphir Pate Luxe polish and it works very well. I try to follow most of the polish process of the aforementioned Shoe Snob blog, but it's bloody hard work and takes a long time.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/p/polish-your-shoes-properly.html

That's what I do. Renovateur occasionally. Combination of saphir cream and wax polish ... and a few drops of water now and then between application of the wax.

post #7010 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post


Wow, those captoes look so much better than my MTOs. How long have you had them?

They are the first run of Museum calf MTOs. The Olfe last suits my feet (almost) ideallly.

post #7011 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

They are the first run of Museum calf MTOs. The Olfe last suits my feet (almost) ideallly.

Yeah, mine are the first run of the museum calf as well. How many times have you worn them? I've worn mine max 5 times or so.

post #7012 of 11031

I need a bit of reverse sizing help here, hoping you guys can help out.

 

I have a pair of the Meermin Hiro double monks in UK10. I wear it on the tightest hole on the buckle nearest to the ankle, and if I push my foot forward, I can make about 2-3mm of space between my heel and the shoe. I have a bit of heel lift in this shoe, because my heels are narrow I think, but width wise up front, I wouldn't want it smaller as I have somewhat flat and wide feet.

 

I'm now looking at a pair of Loakes in the Capital last. Should I get UK9.5F with these or stick with UK10F?

post #7013 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Yeah, mine are the first run of the museum calf as well. How many times have you worn them? I've worn mine max 5 times or so.

Haven't kept track accurately, but I would guess no less than 6 full days (6am to 6pm) and a couple of shorter wears  (around 3-4 hours each).

post #7014 of 11031

Just placed an order on the new chukkas. :) http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2792

post #7015 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo View Post

Just placed an order on the new chukkas. smile.gifhttp://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2792
I as well. Unbeatable price and design combo
post #7016 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwjd View Post

I need a bit of reverse sizing help here, hoping you guys can help out.

 

I have a pair of the Meermin Hiro double monks in UK10. I wear it on the tightest hole on the buckle nearest to the ankle, and if I push my foot forward, I can make about 2-3mm of space between my heel and the shoe. I have a bit of heel lift in this shoe, because my heels are narrow I think, but width wise up front, I wouldn't want it smaller as I have somewhat flat and wide feet.

 

I'm now looking at a pair of Loakes in the Capital last. Should I get UK9.5F with these or stick with UK10F?

 

Don't have a Meermin (yet) but I have a Loake in the Capital (10.5UK). When I asked Luisa for sizing advice in the Hiro (the DM), she recommended the same. To my eye, the Hiro could turn out a little bit smaller than the Capital, which is quite 'generous'.

post #7017 of 11031
I'm selling a brand new pair of Meermin Chukkas in size 8UK if anyone is interested.
post #7018 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post

 

Don't have a Meermin (yet) but I have a Loake in the Capital (10.5UK). When I asked Luisa for sizing advice in the Hiro (the DM), she recommended the same. To my eye, the Hiro could turn out a little bit smaller than the Capital, which is quite 'generous'.


Good to know. I've heard the Capital is a generous last as well. I guess what I need to know then is, how big a difference is there between a 9.5 and 10. Meermin's site seems to suggest it's about 4mm in length and only 1mm in width. Thanks tho!

post #7019 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwjd View Post


Good to know. I've heard the Capital is a generous last as well. I guess what I need to know then is, how big a difference is there between a 9.5 and 10. Meermin's site seems to suggest it's about 4mm in length and only 1mm in width. Thanks tho!


I have two pairs of Loake Aldwych and one pair of Loake Pimlico , all in UK9.5F Capital last. I consider my feet flat and broad and the Capital last suit my feet very well.

I resently purchased a pair of Meermin DM on the Hiro last in UK9.5. They were extreamly tight, on the border of not possibly to use (most of you would probably never consider keeping them). I though had a significant heel slip that has partly dissapeard with time. Though they are extreamly tight I can use them after I have stretched them out after some use with wet socks.

At the same time I ordered a pair of boots on the Rui last and I had the oppertunity to change the size of those to a UK 10 before they were delivered. Those fit as a glove in UK 10 and there is no heal slip or tightness anywere. A perfect match.

/M

post #7020 of 11031
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmfa View Post

I have two pairs of Loake Aldwych and one pair of Loake Pimlico , all in UK9.5F Capital last. I consider my feet flat and broad and the Capital last suit my feet very well.


I resently purchased a pair of Meermin DM on the Hiro last in UK9.5. They were extreamly tight, on the border of not possibly to use (most of you would probably never consider keeping them). I though had a significant heel slip that has partly dissapeard with time. Though they are extreamly tight I can use them after I have stretched them out after some use with wet socks.


At the same time I ordered a pair of boots on the Rui last and I had the oppertunity to change the size of those to a UK 10 before they were delivered. Those fit as a glove in UK 10 and there is no heal slip or tightness anywere. A perfect match.


/M

Very helpful, thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes