or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 455

post #6811 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

In that case, my bad! Paranoia is a terrible curse! I agree with you about the welt finish gap, moaning about that is just daft

No worries, I wasn't describing it especially well in the first post.
post #6812 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

No worries, I wasn't describing it especially well in the first post.

And I have complained quite a bit about my shoes!
It makes me happy to see the 2 beautiful examples of museum MTO in their lasted tree'd glory then makes me sad to see my poor little ball sac leather ones. Maybe they'll look better after their rebuild
post #6813 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsgillen View Post

I'm sorry because this has probably been asked somewhere in the 250pgs of this thread, but do the suede tassels fit TTS? I wear a 10.5 in laceups and take 10d in loafers, and I'm considering ordering a pair of suede tassels in uk9. Thanks for any help.

The last is pretty narrow, especially in the toe box. I usually wear a 10UK, so I ordered the loafers in 10 as well. At first they were a little too small for me, but after a week of wearing them they stretched and they fit perfectly now. Bear in mind that they might turn out to be too small for you, so sizing up half a size might not be a bad idea. I'd send meermin your measurements and ask them what they think.

post #6814 of 11098

Newly received Meermin 101482 in Tan country calf, Hiro-last made on double Dainite-sole, which I will use on rainy days during spring, summer and fall. A bunch of pics:

 

 

 

 

 

 

MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also took some last comparison pics with the Hiro and some more or less similar lasts, since I know people often find it interesting. All in size UK10/EU44.

 

From left: Vass F-last, Loake Capital, Meermin Hiro, Crockett & Jones 236, John Lobb 7000:

 

 

post #6815 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Contact Sandro. Meermin said they were going to take care of this issue for the people affected.

Thank you!
post #6816 of 11098
I haven't heard back from Meermin for 18 days in regards to a pending order (which includes a courtesy follow-up email)... probably not placing any more orders... confused.gif
post #6817 of 11098
Gorgeous! Will order the same, based on your pics. Please let us know how they handle rainy streets..

Cheers, M
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Newly received Meermin 101482 in Tan country calf, Hiro-last made on double Dainite-sole, which I will use on rainy days during spring, summer and fall. A bunch of pics:

 

 

 

 

 

 

MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also took some last comparison pics with the Hiro and some more or less similar lasts, since I know people often find it interesting. All in size UK10/EU44.

 

From left: Vass F-last, Loake Capital, Meermin Hiro, Crockett & Jones 236, John Lobb 7000:

 

 

post #6818 of 11098

Thanks for the line up shots. Am very interested in knowing how the Hiro compares to the Loake Capital. It seems the Capital is wider at the ball and toes, would that be right? Which fits more snug? 

post #6819 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Looks good. How much were you charged for the lasted trees? They seem worth an extra cost.

Also curious. I'm considering some Meermins MTO since none of their normal sizes will fit my fat feet, and would love to get lasted trees if they aren't obscene.

Edit: I see this was answered, I missed it. My fault!
post #6820 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


Also curious. I'm considering some Meermins MTO since none of their normal sizes will fit my fat feet, and would love to get lasted trees if they aren't obscene.

Edit: I see this was answered, I missed it. My fault!

Not even the Ama last? That last is huge (I have a pair of wholecuts) and I think it's listed as E+.

post #6821 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Newly received Meermin 101482 in Tan country calf, Hiro-last made on double Dainite-sole, which I will use on rainy days during spring, summer and fall. A bunch of pics:

 

 

 

Very nice. Please let us know how they hold up, as I'm interested on that model (and the Dainite sole longwing) too. Need some nice shoes with rubber soles for rainy days, and also for walking long distances (the Hiro last is extremely comfortable for me).

post #6822 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Not even the Ama last? That last is huge (I have a pair of wholecuts) and I think it's listed as E+.

I'd imagine one of their wider lasts would indeed work for me, but so far as I can tell, very little comes in those wider lasts. Basically, just the gunboats.

If their shoes came in wide sizes, I'd buy several of them right now.
post #6823 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiver View Post

Gorgeous! Will order the same, based on your pics. Please let us know how they handle rainy streets..

Cheers, M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post

Thanks for the line up shots. Am very interested in knowing how the Hiro compares to the Loake Capital. It seems the Capital is wider at the ball and toes, would that be right? Which fits more snug? 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Very nice. Please let us know how they hold up, as I'm interested on that model (and the Dainite sole longwing) too. Need some nice shoes with rubber soles for rainy days, and also for walking long distances (the Hiro last is extremely comfortable for me).

Thanks guys!

Yowser: Yes, Capital is a big last, they run a bit large and is wide over the ball. Hiro is both shorter and more snug, I'd say Hiro runs pretty true to size.
post #6824 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytter View Post

MTO

wFQSiLRh.jpg
tidy!
post #6825 of 11098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHardy View Post

Meermin made to order after about 8 wears, with the lasted trees inserted.

quite gorgeous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes