Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 454post #6796 of 135047/13/13 at 6:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6797 of 135047/13/13 at 7:50ampost #6798 of 135047/13/13 at 8:26ampost #6799 of 135047/13/13 at 9:37ampost #6800 of 135047/13/13 at 9:44ampost #6801 of 135047/13/13 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by OzzyJones
I'm pretty sure that if you can see the welt stitch for almost the whole forepart of the shoe that's a legitimate cause for complaint. Its going to allow abrasives to get between the upper and the sole and in pretty shot order those shoes will be fucked. With regard to creases, as previously stated, I don't have a problem with my shoes creasing, I have a problem with them creasing in places they shouldn't and to an excessive degree after one wear! As to them being budget, the museum MTO cost about the same as a pair of C&J, Cheaney or AS. Not everyone considers everything below G&G a budget shoe
I was not talking about your shoes, I was talking about some pics posted earlier from some people who was concerned about a small gap where the two ends of the welt meet, often placed on the inside above the heel.post #6802 of 135047/13/13 at 10:24ampost #6803 of 135047/13/13 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by TrackerB
Received my double monks from Meermin and was disappointed.
The heel is uneven with the upper sole, which makes the shoes uncomfortable to walk with.
When stand leaning on the upper sole, only the top portion of the heel touches the ground.
When I lean towards the back, the upper sole is a full half inch above the ground!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
http://www.styleforum.net/t/69958/proper-heel-height/0_20#post_1151627post #6804 of 135047/13/13 at 11:02ampost #6805 of 135047/13/13 at 11:12ampost #6806 of 135047/13/13 at 11:57amQuote:
And I have complained quite a bit about my shoes!
It makes me happy to see the 2 beautiful examples of museum MTO in their lasted tree'd glory then makes me sad to see my poor little ball sac leather ones. Maybe they'll look better after their rebuildpost #6807 of 135047/13/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
The last is pretty narrow, especially in the toe box. I usually wear a 10UK, so I ordered the loafers in 10 as well. At first they were a little too small for me, but after a week of wearing them they stretched and they fit perfectly now. Bear in mind that they might turn out to be too small for you, so sizing up half a size might not be a bad idea. I'd send meermin your measurements and ask them what they think.post #6808 of 135047/13/13 at 12:44pm
Newly received Meermin 101482 in Tan country calf, Hiro-last made on double Dainite-sole, which I will use on rainy days during spring, summer and fall. A bunch of pics:
I also took some last comparison pics with the Hiro and some more or less similar lasts, since I know people often find it interesting. All in size UK10/EU44.
From left: Vass F-last, Loake Capital, Meermin Hiro, Crockett & Jones 236, John Lobb 7000:post #6809 of 135047/13/13 at 1:01pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Napoli SS2015 navy blue two-button plaid suit - Size 38 - NWT 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 6 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...