Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 454
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm pretty sure that if you can see the welt stitch for almost the whole forepart of the shoe that's a legitimate cause for complaint. Its going to allow abrasives to get between the upper and the sole and in pretty shot order those shoes will be fucked. With regard to creases, as previously stated, I don't have a problem with my shoes creasing, I have a problem with them creasing in places they shouldn't and to an excessive degree after one wear! As to them being budget, the museum MTO cost about the same as a pair of C&J, Cheaney or AS. Not everyone considers everything below G&G a budget shoe
I was not talking about your shoes, I was talking about some pics posted earlier from some people who was concerned about a small gap where the two ends of the welt meet, often placed on the inside above the heel.
Received my double monks from Meermin and was disappointed.
The heel is uneven with the upper sole, which makes the shoes uncomfortable to walk with.
When stand leaning on the upper sole, only the top portion of the heel touches the ground.
When I lean towards the back, the upper sole is a full half inch above the ground!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And I have complained quite a bit about my shoes!
It makes me happy to see the 2 beautiful examples of museum MTO in their lasted tree'd glory then makes me sad to see my poor little ball sac leather ones. Maybe they'll look better after their rebuild
The last is pretty narrow, especially in the toe box. I usually wear a 10UK, so I ordered the loafers in 10 as well. At first they were a little too small for me, but after a week of wearing them they stretched and they fit perfectly now. Bear in mind that they might turn out to be too small for you, so sizing up half a size might not be a bad idea. I'd send meermin your measurements and ask them what they think.
Newly received Meermin 101482 in Tan country calf, Hiro-last made on double Dainite-sole, which I will use on rainy days during spring, summer and fall. A bunch of pics:
MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)
I also took some last comparison pics with the Hiro and some more or less similar lasts, since I know people often find it interesting. All in size UK10/EU44.
From left: Vass F-last, Loake Capital, Meermin Hiro, Crockett & Jones 236, John Lobb 7000:
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Any hotel recommendations for Singapore and Bali? 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Planning summer wardrobes 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 8 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...