or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 453

post #6781 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerB View Post

Received my double monks from Meermin and was disappointed.

 

The heel is uneven with the upper sole, which makes the shoes uncomfortable to walk with.

When stand leaning on the upper sole, only the top portion of the heel touches the ground.

When I lean towards the back, the upper sole is a full half inch above the ground!

 

This has caused me several slips on pavements, as the soles does not completely grip the ground when I walk.

 

 If it helps, all my Vass have the same thing

post #6782 of 11291

My Carminas too. You guys are getting a bit too paranoid about the QC issues and seem prone to find defects where there are none. I'm not denying the issues, as they are undoubtedly present, but this is a bit too much...

 

Your shoes are perfectly fine, TrackerB. Slippage problems will likely disappear when the sole wears in a little. Enjoy them in good health.

post #6783 of 11291
Slippage issues, score the affected area lightly with a blade, like you would a pork to make crackling but in a cross hatch pattern. Problem solved a much grip to be had.
post #6784 of 11291

Thanks. I'm not paranoid about the QC from Meermin and do find them a great value for money.

I've got 6 pairs so far. Some have uneven stitching, or uneven tongues, etc and I'm fine with that.

 

I'm just concerned about the durability and comfort. I checked my other 5 pairs of Meermins and the heel and upper sole were even, except for this pair.

Hence, my concern. 

 

I thought about topying/vibraming the upper sole to thicken it, making it even. But this pair has metal toe caps, which kinda defeats the purpose. 

 

If you guys reckon that it will even out over more wears, then I'm fine with it.

Thanks for the assurance guys :)

post #6785 of 11291
I'm so tired of reading about people's "disappointments" with "major defects" on their new Meermins, and then showing pics of a heel not fully touching ground (like stated, something that's found at many, many makers), creases that's just totally normal (yes, leather shoes actually DO crease when worn, buy suede shoesor fabric sneakers if you don't like it), sole color on uppers (found on everything from my Loakes to my Gaziano & Girling to my bespoke), small gap were the welt meet (found on many, many makers shoes) and so on. It's getting a bit ridiculous actually, especially since we are talking about budget shoes at very affordable prices.

And yes, I do know that there has been some real issues, but they are as I've experienced it a minority.

I just received a pair of punched cap toes in scotch grain with Dainite soles from the classic line. They are great. Some of you would probably have posted tons of pics with "major defects" by now though, but to me, they are great. They are cheap bench made shoes. And us such, they are great.
post #6786 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

I'm so tired of reading about people's "disappointments" with "major defects" on their new Meermins, and then showing pics of a heel not fully touching ground (like stated, something that's found at many, many makers), creases that's just totally normal (yes, leather shoes actually DO crease when worn, buy suede shoesor fabric sneakers if you don't like it), sole color on uppers (found on everything from my Loakes to my Gaziano & Girling to my bespoke), small gap were the welt meet (found on many, many makers shoes) and so on. It's getting a bit ridiculous actually, especially since we are talking about budget shoes at very affordable prices.

And yes, I do know that there has been some real issues, but they are as I've experienced it a minority.

I just received a pair of punched cap toes in scotch grain with Dainite soles from the classic line. They are great. Some of you would probably have posted tons of pics with "major defects" by now though, but to me, they are great. They are cheap bench made shoes. And us such, they are great.

 

Well, some are legitimate while some exaggerated. 

 

Like I said, I've ordered 6 pairs from Meermin, and only this pair had this issue.

Naturally, it occurred to me that this is not normal and I seeked to clarify this. As I said, scratches/uneven stitching, etc does not bother me. It is the durability and comfort that I was concerned with.

post #6787 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerB View Post

 I checked my other 5 pairs of Meermins and the heel and upper sole were even, except for this pair.

 

 

 

Weird. Maybe it's because they're new? Though my oldest pair of Carminas is still uneven...

post #6788 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

They are cheap bench made shoes. And us such, they are great.

Classic line shoes are generally cheap (try selling $200+ shoes to the average person as cheap, but i digress).

LM, with shipping, customs duty, and potential MTO start creeping into the not so cheap range if you ask me.
post #6789 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

I'm so tired of reading about people's "disappointments" with "major defects" on their new Meermins, and then showing pics of a heel not fully touching ground (like stated, something that's found at many, many makers), creases that's just totally normal (yes, leather shoes actually DO crease when worn, buy suede shoesor fabric sneakers if you don't like it), sole color on uppers (found on everything from my Loakes to my Gaziano & Girling to my bespoke), small gap were the welt meet (found on many, many makers shoes) and so on. It's getting a bit ridiculous actually, especially since we are talking about budget shoes at very affordable prices.

And yes, I do know that there has been some real issues, but they are as I've experienced it a minority.

I just received a pair of punched cap toes in scotch grain with Dainite soles from the classic line. They are great. Some of you would probably have posted tons of pics with "major defects" by now though, but to me, they are great. They are cheap bench made shoes. And us such, they are great.

I'm pretty sure that if you can see the welt stitch for almost the whole forepart of the shoe that's a legitimate cause for complaint. Its going to allow abrasives to get between the upper and the sole and in pretty shot order those shoes will be fucked. With regard to creases, as previously stated, I don't have a problem with my shoes creasing, I have a problem with them creasing in places they shouldn't and to an excessive degree after one wear! As to them being budget, the museum MTO cost about the same as a pair of C&J, Cheaney or AS. Not everyone considers everything below G&G a budget shoe
post #6790 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

Classic line shoes are generally cheap (try selling $200+ shoes to the average person as cheap, but i digress).

LM, with shipping, customs duty, and potential MTO start creeping into the not so cheap range if you ask me.
+1
post #6791 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

Classic line shoes are generally cheap (try selling $200+ shoes to the average person as cheap, but i digress).

LM, with shipping, customs duty, and potential MTO start creeping into the not so cheap range if you ask me.

Well everything is relative of course, but since on this forum we don't discuss crocs and stuff that are cheap for real, but only quality shoes in some sense. As such, Meermin are cheap, especially the classic line but also LM, 260€ still is in the lower parts of the price range for good quality shoes. The fact that shipping and possible customs can occur is irrelevant, since their not part of the cost that Meermin takes for production.
post #6792 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Whatever happened with the dude who was charged exorbitant customs fees ($130 or something)? Was it resolved? Did I miss it?

I'm curious as well. I've got a $150 bill from FedEx for a single pair of Meermins
post #6793 of 11291

Some pics of my museum MTO and lasted shoe trees. Shoes have been worn a number of time (I believe 8-10 times)

 

 

post #6794 of 11291

Looks good. How much were you charged for the lasted trees? They seem worth an extra cost.

post #6795 of 11291
Very nice Terror!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes