So, quality wise, how's the classic collection compared to AE? It's much cheaper than AE if we are only talking retail price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 43
Styleforum Top Pickspost #632 of 134556/5/12 at 1:23pmpost #633 of 134556/5/12 at 1:55pmpost #634 of 134556/5/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Received my Meermin dark brown calf double monks yesterday and they are fantasic!
The colour is very close to that of the website - the 'reddish' hue only really seems to come out under artificial light. I'll be able to provide a better assessment of their true colour during the day after I take them on their madien voyage tomorrow if anyone is interested?
As for fit, I can only comment on the difference from loake's 'captial' last but there is less room in the vamp/upper. This is great for me as I have to wear inserts in my loake strands - I guess I have a relatively flat foot. The length is spot-on for me also (my strands are a UK 7 as are the meermin double monks).
I would also like to echo everyone else's comments regarding the quality of service from Meermin. The guys are extremely friendly/helpful and the shipping (to Australia) took 6 business days! Highly recommended.post #635 of 134556/6/12 at 2:41amWell they've just arrived and i have to say for the money handed over they have exceeded my expectations!!
Quality wise i'd put them between the C&J Bench & Handgrades, the colour has again exceeded my expectations. I'll leave others to judge the finer elements of quality regarding leathers and finishing but if i'm being honest from very much a "laymans" perspective i cant really see much difference in finishing from my Handgrade Belgraves or Grenson Masterpices. Fit wise i'm a 6.5UK E in C&J Handgrades and these fit virtually the same being a 6.5UK too, being very much the same in length with plenty to spare in the toebox.
I just hope these pictures convey how really nice these shoes look for the money paid and i'm so pleased i took what basically was a punt based upon photos here and the fact by all accounts they are related to Carmina's.
It must also be said that Meermin (Jose & Sandro) have been a delight to deal with, full marks to them!!post #636 of 134556/6/12 at 3:01amQuote:
Save some money for the Carmina store. They usually have some pairs on sale for as low as €218, and you might happen to like some of them ;)post #637 of 134556/6/12 at 3:16ampost #638 of 134556/6/12 at 3:18ampost #639 of 134556/6/12 at 3:27amQuote:
Yes i asked for Dark Brown Calf , on the box it actually states
HIRO89Cpost #640 of 134556/6/12 at 3:40ampost #641 of 134556/6/12 at 4:25ampost #642 of 134556/6/12 at 5:05ampost #643 of 134556/6/12 at 5:36ampost #644 of 134556/6/12 at 6:20ampost #645 of 134556/6/12 at 8:26am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1576 Active Users (366 Members and 1210 Guests)
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...