So, quality wise, how's the classic collection compared to AE? It's much cheaper than AE if we are only talking retail price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 43post #632 of 152916/5/12 at 1:23pmpost #633 of 152916/5/12 at 1:55pmpost #634 of 152916/5/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Received my Meermin dark brown calf double monks yesterday and they are fantasic!
The colour is very close to that of the website - the 'reddish' hue only really seems to come out under artificial light. I'll be able to provide a better assessment of their true colour during the day after I take them on their madien voyage tomorrow if anyone is interested?
As for fit, I can only comment on the difference from loake's 'captial' last but there is less room in the vamp/upper. This is great for me as I have to wear inserts in my loake strands - I guess I have a relatively flat foot. The length is spot-on for me also (my strands are a UK 7 as are the meermin double monks).
I would also like to echo everyone else's comments regarding the quality of service from Meermin. The guys are extremely friendly/helpful and the shipping (to Australia) took 6 business days! Highly recommended.post #635 of 152916/6/12 at 2:41amWell they've just arrived and i have to say for the money handed over they have exceeded my expectations!!
Quality wise i'd put them between the C&J Bench & Handgrades, the colour has again exceeded my expectations. I'll leave others to judge the finer elements of quality regarding leathers and finishing but if i'm being honest from very much a "laymans" perspective i cant really see much difference in finishing from my Handgrade Belgraves or Grenson Masterpices. Fit wise i'm a 6.5UK E in C&J Handgrades and these fit virtually the same being a 6.5UK too, being very much the same in length with plenty to spare in the toebox.
I just hope these pictures convey how really nice these shoes look for the money paid and i'm so pleased i took what basically was a punt based upon photos here and the fact by all accounts they are related to Carmina's.
It must also be said that Meermin (Jose & Sandro) have been a delight to deal with, full marks to them!!post #636 of 152916/6/12 at 3:01amQuote:
Save some money for the Carmina store. They usually have some pairs on sale for as low as €218, and you might happen to like some of them ;)post #637 of 152916/6/12 at 3:16ampost #638 of 152916/6/12 at 3:18ampost #639 of 152916/6/12 at 3:27amQuote:
Yes i asked for Dark Brown Calf , on the box it actually states
HIRO89Cpost #640 of 152916/6/12 at 3:40ampost #641 of 152916/6/12 at 4:25ampost #642 of 152916/6/12 at 5:05ampost #643 of 152916/6/12 at 5:36ampost #644 of 152916/6/12 at 6:20ampost #645 of 152916/6/12 at 8:26am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1326 Active Users (288 Members and 1038 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 57 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rule of thumb 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...