So, quality wise, how's the classic collection compared to AE? It's much cheaper than AE if we are only talking retail price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 43post #632 of 157856/5/12 at 1:23pmpost #633 of 157856/5/12 at 1:55pmpost #634 of 157856/5/12 at 2:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by The Upright Man
Received my Meermin dark brown calf double monks yesterday and they are fantasic!
The colour is very close to that of the website - the 'reddish' hue only really seems to come out under artificial light. I'll be able to provide a better assessment of their true colour during the day after I take them on their madien voyage tomorrow if anyone is interested?
As for fit, I can only comment on the difference from loake's 'captial' last but there is less room in the vamp/upper. This is great for me as I have to wear inserts in my loake strands - I guess I have a relatively flat foot. The length is spot-on for me also (my strands are a UK 7 as are the meermin double monks).
I would also like to echo everyone else's comments regarding the quality of service from Meermin. The guys are extremely friendly/helpful and the shipping (to Australia) took 6 business days! Highly recommended.post #635 of 157856/6/12 at 2:41amWell they've just arrived and i have to say for the money handed over they have exceeded my expectations!!
Quality wise i'd put them between the C&J Bench & Handgrades, the colour has again exceeded my expectations. I'll leave others to judge the finer elements of quality regarding leathers and finishing but if i'm being honest from very much a "laymans" perspective i cant really see much difference in finishing from my Handgrade Belgraves or Grenson Masterpices. Fit wise i'm a 6.5UK E in C&J Handgrades and these fit virtually the same being a 6.5UK too, being very much the same in length with plenty to spare in the toebox.
I just hope these pictures convey how really nice these shoes look for the money paid and i'm so pleased i took what basically was a punt based upon photos here and the fact by all accounts they are related to Carmina's.
It must also be said that Meermin (Jose & Sandro) have been a delight to deal with, full marks to them!!post #636 of 157856/6/12 at 3:01amQuote:
Save some money for the Carmina store. They usually have some pairs on sale for as low as €218, and you might happen to like some of them ;)post #637 of 157856/6/12 at 3:16ampost #638 of 157856/6/12 at 3:18ampost #639 of 157856/6/12 at 3:27amQuote:
Yes i asked for Dark Brown Calf , on the box it actually states
HIRO89Cpost #640 of 157856/6/12 at 3:40ampost #641 of 157856/6/12 at 4:25ampost #642 of 157856/6/12 at 5:05ampost #643 of 157856/6/12 at 5:36ampost #644 of 157856/6/12 at 6:20ampost #645 of 157856/6/12 at 8:26am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1620 Active Users (302 Members and 1318 Guests)
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 48 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Sizes 42S and 46R █ DROP MAR 24 █ NWT Canali and Corneliani for... 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Size 40R --- Only 2 Left! █ DROP MAR 24 █ NWT Canali Suits and... 9 minutes ago
- › Size 40S --- Only 1 Left! █ DROP MAR 24 █ NWT Canali Kei... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...