Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 404post #6046 of 149165/21/13 at 10:27pmI had a quality problem with some LM black adelaide I ordered back in April. The stitching on the captoe wasn't straight on either shoe, and there were bumps (look like bug bites) on one of the uppers. I returned the shoes, but Meermin said they didn't think anything was wrong with the quality.post #6047 of 149165/22/13 at 12:59ampost #6048 of 149165/22/13 at 1:03amQuote:
The lacings do close down after breaking in as all new shoes do.
No, not exactly comfortable after walking several miles at Vegas, but the pain point is not at the vamp but at the pinky toe area. The discomfort is not from the insufficient instep girth but from toe box width.post #6049 of 149165/22/13 at 1:17amQuote:I had the same pain point on my New Reys. Went away after a couple of wears and the laces closed right down. With hindsight this should have led me to size down in OlfeOriginally Posted by chogall
The lacings do close down after breaking in as all new shoes do.
No, not exactly comfortable after walking several miles at Vegas, but the pain point is not at the vamp but at the pinky toe area. The discomfort is not from the insufficient instep girth but from toe box width.post #6050 of 149165/22/13 at 4:26ampost #6051 of 149165/22/13 at 4:35ampost #6052 of 149165/22/13 at 4:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Pics of the creases on the museum calf MTO. I'm not worked up about it or trying to warn anyone away from Meermin. This is just for everyone's information. I don't actually consider the creases on top bad, I just don't usually get a double crease like this. And the creases on the side aren't normal for me. I'm still happy with the shoes.
Once I read an interview with Chay Cooper of Alfred Sargent. In this interview Chay was asked to describe the difference between AS Handgrades and AS Exclusive. According the Chay the major difference is in the leather used. For AS Handgrades only one pair of shoes can be made from the single piece of skin while for AS Exclusive 2-3 pairs of shoes can be made from the single piece of skins.
Maybe that's why we see this creasing. Maybe we were expecting too much from Meermin especially since we wanted a new pattern. maybe it would have been better if we stuck with existing Meermin patterns. I do not know I am just trowing something new on the plate I guess. There are people more knowledgeable about this. I think Meermin shoes are good value, Unfortunately I did not get my sizing right so Hiro last was just a little bit narrow for me I may join chukka MTO if that's given a green light. I suppose if I order a half a size longer I can wear it with thicker socks.post #6053 of 149165/22/13 at 5:00ampost #6054 of 149165/22/13 at 5:15am
I got the creases as well, not so much on the left as I got on the right one. I'm not too bothered with it, I did however got me a bit wary to continue order shoes from Meermin. They crease ALOT more then my others in the sam price-range: Loake and Cheaney.
I am still on the fence with Meermin from this experience. Too bad. I wonder what they did wrong to get this extra creasing on many of the MTO's.
Still a beutiful shoe.. but maybe it is time for me to move on.. I will watch this thread closely to see how other shoes, not neccesiraly MTO,come out. Is it a trend or just something with this particular MTO.
post #6055 of 149165/22/13 at 5:19am
Dark Brown Museum Calf MTO Mk.II Update:
Just heard back from Pepe. 8 weeks from the Tannery, 12-14 weeks after that for all the shoes to be made. So 20-22 week lead time.
Order for the leather has been placed.
Belts would be 95 euro (inc VAT) each. But Pepe needs to double check with the Tannery that they can source enough leather. So if the belts went ahead, they would most likely ship separately from the shoes. However they wouldn't need the 12 week lead time, given the relative ease of making a belt compared to a pair of shoes.
So for everyone interested in the belts, if they could post/PM me and I can give Pepe a rough idea of numbers. If you have already expressed interest in the belts, I've already noted it down, so no need to PM again.
Once I hit 25 orders I'll forward all of our details onto Pepe.
Still chasing the following members:
Thanks gang for all the interest so far.
post #6056 of 149165/22/13 at 8:33ampost #6057 of 149165/22/13 at 8:39am
I will provide an update too
Plum Museum Calf MTO
Firstly, the leather for the museum calf has been ordered; this will expedite the order this time. Great response for this order as mentioned in my previous post; really appreciate those who are participating in this order.
Secondly, a few special details will be added to this MTO which will be revealed in the next few days; Pepe has agreed to this request and will make samples for us.
Pepe has received samples from Horween and is planning to make sample shoes (chukka and wholecut) for this order.
With regards to the last; I have indicated a chiseled last is preferred for this order. There is a possibility that an entirely new chiseled last will be made for this order along the lines of the TG73 last and U-last. However, we are still discussing this as it will take some time as the process of creating a new last is quite intensive. I will update once we have any word.
For those who plan to join, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will close the order on Friday and send out an email to all participants this weekend with all the details.post #6058 of 149165/22/13 at 8:44ampost #6059 of 149165/22/13 at 8:59ampost #6060 of 149165/22/13 at 9:12am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 38 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 13 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 27, 2016 : Freestyle Friday 16 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding