Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 404post #6046 of 138435/21/13 at 10:27pmI had a quality problem with some LM black adelaide I ordered back in April. The stitching on the captoe wasn't straight on either shoe, and there were bumps (look like bug bites) on one of the uppers. I returned the shoes, but Meermin said they didn't think anything was wrong with the quality.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6047 of 138435/22/13 at 12:59ampost #6048 of 138435/22/13 at 1:03amQuote:
The lacings do close down after breaking in as all new shoes do.
No, not exactly comfortable after walking several miles at Vegas, but the pain point is not at the vamp but at the pinky toe area. The discomfort is not from the insufficient instep girth but from toe box width.post #6049 of 138435/22/13 at 1:17amQuote:I had the same pain point on my New Reys. Went away after a couple of wears and the laces closed right down. With hindsight this should have led me to size down in OlfeOriginally Posted by chogall
The lacings do close down after breaking in as all new shoes do.
No, not exactly comfortable after walking several miles at Vegas, but the pain point is not at the vamp but at the pinky toe area. The discomfort is not from the insufficient instep girth but from toe box width.post #6050 of 138435/22/13 at 4:26ampost #6051 of 138435/22/13 at 4:35ampost #6052 of 138435/22/13 at 4:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
Pics of the creases on the museum calf MTO. I'm not worked up about it or trying to warn anyone away from Meermin. This is just for everyone's information. I don't actually consider the creases on top bad, I just don't usually get a double crease like this. And the creases on the side aren't normal for me. I'm still happy with the shoes.
Once I read an interview with Chay Cooper of Alfred Sargent. In this interview Chay was asked to describe the difference between AS Handgrades and AS Exclusive. According the Chay the major difference is in the leather used. For AS Handgrades only one pair of shoes can be made from the single piece of skin while for AS Exclusive 2-3 pairs of shoes can be made from the single piece of skins.
Maybe that's why we see this creasing. Maybe we were expecting too much from Meermin especially since we wanted a new pattern. maybe it would have been better if we stuck with existing Meermin patterns. I do not know I am just trowing something new on the plate I guess. There are people more knowledgeable about this. I think Meermin shoes are good value, Unfortunately I did not get my sizing right so Hiro last was just a little bit narrow for me I may join chukka MTO if that's given a green light. I suppose if I order a half a size longer I can wear it with thicker socks.post #6053 of 138435/22/13 at 5:00ampost #6054 of 138435/22/13 at 5:15am
I got the creases as well, not so much on the left as I got on the right one. I'm not too bothered with it, I did however got me a bit wary to continue order shoes from Meermin. They crease ALOT more then my others in the sam price-range: Loake and Cheaney.
I am still on the fence with Meermin from this experience. Too bad. I wonder what they did wrong to get this extra creasing on many of the MTO's.
Still a beutiful shoe.. but maybe it is time for me to move on.. I will watch this thread closely to see how other shoes, not neccesiraly MTO,come out. Is it a trend or just something with this particular MTO.
post #6055 of 138435/22/13 at 5:19am
Dark Brown Museum Calf MTO Mk.II Update:
Just heard back from Pepe. 8 weeks from the Tannery, 12-14 weeks after that for all the shoes to be made. So 20-22 week lead time.
Order for the leather has been placed.
Belts would be 95 euro (inc VAT) each. But Pepe needs to double check with the Tannery that they can source enough leather. So if the belts went ahead, they would most likely ship separately from the shoes. However they wouldn't need the 12 week lead time, given the relative ease of making a belt compared to a pair of shoes.
So for everyone interested in the belts, if they could post/PM me and I can give Pepe a rough idea of numbers. If you have already expressed interest in the belts, I've already noted it down, so no need to PM again.
Once I hit 25 orders I'll forward all of our details onto Pepe.
Still chasing the following members:
Thanks gang for all the interest so far.
post #6056 of 138435/22/13 at 8:33ampost #6057 of 138435/22/13 at 8:39am
I will provide an update too
Plum Museum Calf MTO
Firstly, the leather for the museum calf has been ordered; this will expedite the order this time. Great response for this order as mentioned in my previous post; really appreciate those who are participating in this order.
Secondly, a few special details will be added to this MTO which will be revealed in the next few days; Pepe has agreed to this request and will make samples for us.
Pepe has received samples from Horween and is planning to make sample shoes (chukka and wholecut) for this order.
With regards to the last; I have indicated a chiseled last is preferred for this order. There is a possibility that an entirely new chiseled last will be made for this order along the lines of the TG73 last and U-last. However, we are still discussing this as it will take some time as the process of creating a new last is quite intensive. I will update once we have any word.
For those who plan to join, email me at email@example.com. I will close the order on Friday and send out an email to all participants this weekend with all the details.post #6058 of 138435/22/13 at 8:44ampost #6059 of 138435/22/13 at 8:59am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › SW&D Leather Jacket Challenge: September 15 - October 6 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Three Streetwear B&S Finds - October 6, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb suede belt 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth