Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 401
Styleforum Top Picks
To me I'm afraid it's a management issue. Irregular finishes, mis-aligned toecaps and the like are going to happen everywhere now and then, but the point is what you do about it. Sending it out to the customer is just wrong.
The problem is two-fold I think: firstly, the customer is always waiting for the shoes for a while because they carry so little stock (in a way, most of their shoes are "made to order"!). So calling their shoes as seconds when they've already waited two months, and starting the whole train again, is a pain. But also, as a small company I think they're falling to the temptation of sending seconds out regardless in the hope that not all customers will return the shoes, and they won't have to shell out on replacements.
Making all their shoes in China, at least partly, makes a long logistical chain to try to order for demand instead of keeping a buffer of stock, and and punting obvious seconds at customers, all says to me that they're struggling to maintain their finances and cash-flow. Given their general courtesy, I can't think that it would just be contempt for the customer! I fear for this company - the igent generation are making their business, but can just as quickly abandon it if they keep taking the piss.
If your name appears below, you need to PM me with the following form, filled out appropriately:
- Full name
- Email address or Paypal address
- Shipping address
- UK sizing
- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)
- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.
#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:
- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)
- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) =*61,98€(VAT excl.)
- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)
#4.- Shoes Pricing:
- Non EU residents: 260€(VAT excl.)
- EU residents: 330€(VAT incl.)
#5.- Shipping costs, for that group buy I will offer you guys, half price on the shipping costs, so:
- USA & Canada: 17.,5€
- Europe: 10€
- Asia: 20€
- Australia & NZ: 22,5€
- Others: ASK
(Ignore the bold, that was me from another forum)
I'm chasing the following people:
Form filled out and sent in PM Alex. Thanks!
Yes, there are 2 going on. I am handling the plum museum calf MTO while PapaRuberry (Alex) is handling the re-run of the dark brown museum calf MTO.
Yup, it will. It will follow the exact design of the picture I posted
For those who have sent me your information, thank you very much. Do expect a mass email on the total specs of the shoe by this weekend; will be calling Pepe on Friday to discuss the specs but will email him the details so he can go through it again.
It will be on hold until Pepe has made sample shoes out of it (he informed me he wants to try working on the leather as this is their first time handling hatchgrain); once he gives the green light we will proceed with it.It will start a bit later then the museum calf MTO but certainly not after these MTO's are finished. That would be too long of a wait
I might have to start all my posts with a giant "DARK BROWN MUSEUM CALF MTO" header from now on!
Chasing the following people:
And I'm also chasing a few others on another forum, and some real life (tm) friends as well.
Waiting to hear back from Pepe in regards to the possibility of museum calf belts, as well as an ETA from the tannery, etc etc
But thanks to those who have PM'ed me back so quickly with their details. I have 18 people's details so far. Great work everyone. Sorry if I'm brief in the PM's; but there are a lot of you messaging me and unfortunately I have a life outside of SF that needs attending to.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rome / Naples Advice 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 19 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Help completing the look! 23 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 31 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...