Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 401
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6002 of 144355/20/13 at 1:55pmpost #6003 of 144355/20/13 at 2:01pmpost #6004 of 144355/20/13 at 2:05pmpost #6005 of 144355/20/13 at 2:08pmpost #6006 of 144355/20/13 at 2:18pmpost #6007 of 144355/20/13 at 2:41pm
To me I'm afraid it's a management issue. Irregular finishes, mis-aligned toecaps and the like are going to happen everywhere now and then, but the point is what you do about it. Sending it out to the customer is just wrong.
The problem is two-fold I think: firstly, the customer is always waiting for the shoes for a while because they carry so little stock (in a way, most of their shoes are "made to order"!). So calling their shoes as seconds when they've already waited two months, and starting the whole train again, is a pain. But also, as a small company I think they're falling to the temptation of sending seconds out regardless in the hope that not all customers will return the shoes, and they won't have to shell out on replacements.
Making all their shoes in China, at least partly, makes a long logistical chain to try to order for demand instead of keeping a buffer of stock, and and punting obvious seconds at customers, all says to me that they're struggling to maintain their finances and cash-flow. Given their general courtesy, I can't think that it would just be contempt for the customer! I fear for this company - the igent generation are making their business, but can just as quickly abandon it if they keep taking the piss.post #6008 of 144355/20/13 at 2:43pmpost #6009 of 144355/20/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by PapaRubbery
If your name appears below, you need to PM me with the following form, filled out appropriately:
- Full name
- Email address or Paypal address
- Shipping address
- UK sizing
- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)
- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.
#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:
- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)
- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) =*61,98€(VAT excl.)
- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)
#4.- Shoes Pricing:
- Non EU residents: 260€(VAT excl.)
- EU residents: 330€(VAT incl.)
#5.- Shipping costs, for that group buy I will offer you guys, half price on the shipping costs, so:
- USA & Canada: 17.,5€
- Europe: 10€
- Asia: 20€
- Australia & NZ: 22,5€
- Others: ASK
(Ignore the bold, that was me from another forum)
I'm chasing the following people:
Form filled out and sent in PM Alex. Thanks!post #6010 of 144355/20/13 at 6:15pmpost #6011 of 144355/20/13 at 6:43pmQuote:
Yes, there are 2 going on. I am handling the plum museum calf MTO while PapaRuberry (Alex) is handling the re-run of the dark brown museum calf MTO.post #6012 of 144355/20/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Yup, it will. It will follow the exact design of the picture I posted
For those who have sent me your information, thank you very much. Do expect a mass email on the total specs of the shoe by this weekend; will be calling Pepe on Friday to discuss the specs but will email him the details so he can go through it again.post #6013 of 144355/20/13 at 6:46pmpost #6014 of 144355/20/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
It will be on hold until Pepe has made sample shoes out of it (he informed me he wants to try working on the leather as this is their first time handling hatchgrain); once he gives the green light we will proceed with it.It will start a bit later then the museum calf MTO but certainly not after these MTO's are finished. That would be too long of a waitpost #6015 of 144355/20/13 at 7:08pmQuote:
I might have to start all my posts with a giant "DARK BROWN MUSEUM CALF MTO" header from now on!
Chasing the following people:
And I'm also chasing a few others on another forum, and some real life (tm) friends as well.
Waiting to hear back from Pepe in regards to the possibility of museum calf belts, as well as an ETA from the tannery, etc etc
But thanks to those who have PM'ed me back so quickly with their details. I have 18 people's details so far. Great work everyone. Sorry if I'm brief in the PM's; but there are a lot of you messaging me and unfortunately I have a life outside of SF that needs attending to.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 6 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren (Blue Label) Madras Blazer. Custom Fit 40R. NWT! 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin NST Shell Cordovan. Size 11 UK. 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...