Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 41post #601 of 144566/2/12 at 4:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #602 of 144566/2/12 at 7:01ampost #603 of 144566/2/12 at 1:07pmpost #604 of 144566/2/12 at 1:23pmpost #605 of 144566/2/12 at 6:37pmpost #606 of 144566/2/12 at 6:54pmpost #607 of 144566/2/12 at 7:02pmpost #608 of 144566/3/12 at 2:24pmpost #609 of 144566/3/12 at 2:28pmpost #610 of 144566/4/12 at 10:23ampost #611 of 144566/4/12 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I typically wear a US9D and these UK8 fit very well, but I only tried them on briefly last night. A UK8.5 would've def. been too big.Quote:Originally Posted by SJTM
They look excellent. Color in your pic appears more reddish (oxblood?) than true brown. Cannot wait for your detailed review...literally. I hope to place an order this week ( if they ever respond to my email), but still want to know your thoughts on fit and quality, as I am able to get the Loake Cannons for US $255 delivered, and not sure how long I might have to wait for these ( assuming it is worth the wait).
No experience with the new Loake Cannon, but I had the Loake Strand from the 1880 line and I'd rate these higher quality-wise. Calfskin is thicker than I expected, esp. for the price. Grain is very nice and there's a nice depth to the color, i.e. it's not 'flat', despite the fact that there's no burnishing. Color is pretty accurate in my pic; they're more red than they appear in Meermin's stock photo. Mahogany perhaps? I just put on some Saphir Reno and a light coat of Dk Brown Saphit wax before that pic was taken.
I got dinged $70 Customs brokerage/duties/taxes (shipping to Canada), but they're worth every penny at approx. $280 all incl. Easily on par with C&J Benchgrade/Handgrade imo, tremendous bang for the buck if that matters. If Meermin's quality is consistent with these, I can be very happy only buying from their stock shoes and/or MTOs.Quote:
Good eye! Nah, those are #13 size Triumph nailed-on metal taps from a UK seller on fleabay. I also use #14s depending on last shapes. They're def. better than the nylon/plastic kind. I have a local guy who can do flush plates for $20, but it's a bit of a hassle getting my shoes to him since I no longer work downtown...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320911602239?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D320911602239%26_rdc%3D1Quote:Originally Posted by dgonsh
Any idea with i can expect in shipping costs to Toronto for this guy? http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1927
See quoted post.post #612 of 144566/4/12 at 10:58ampost #613 of 144566/4/12 at 12:27pmpost #614 of 144566/4/12 at 2:34pm
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1653 Active Users (403 Members and 1250 Guests)
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Video Games 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...