or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 398

post #5956 of 11032
Usually see those creases when they are too long, is the fit ok?
post #5957 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Usually see those creases when they are too long, is the fit ok?

 

This is the thing.  Sometimes you get odd creasing, especially along the side, if the welting/soling is uneven - often squeaks too.  But creasing like this behind to toe cap looks like a sizing issue.

 

It's funny, I was just reading something on "Put This On" (new to me) about going up a size if a shoe is too narrow, as if that were a good thing.  The problem is usually exactly as above.  Many times we read "size up on the XYZ last as it fits small", and maybe that's the case.  But I think it's often that the last, especially in high-end English brands, and Meermin's Linea Maestro, is just too narrow for your foot.

post #5958 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Usually see those creases when they are too long, is the fit ok?
I haven't walked in them! Tried them , stood up and rocked back and forth in them to see how they felt. They're maybe a tiny bit long but are pretty perfect width wise. I'm really concerned about my MTO boots now as I don't think I could size down in this last
post #5959 of 11032
Interesting Ozzy. I will have to look at mine. I have a pair of Vass that have similar creases.

It looks like your toes were burnished.
post #5960 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post


It looks like your toes were burnished.

That's what I thought! No one else's are like that are they?
post #5961 of 11032
Mine were not burnished.

Gyasih, funny that you mentioned it but my Vass U last also has the same creases as well as my C&J Lowndess;i sized up for both shoes too.
post #5962 of 11032
post #5963 of 11032
No burnishing on my brown museum MTOs. Pics of the creases when I get a chance.
post #5964 of 11032

Hi all, 

MTO Update:

If your name appears below, you need to PM me with the following form, filled out appropriately:

 

 

- Full name
- Email address or Paypal address
- Shipping address
- UK sizing
- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)
- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.

#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:

- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)
- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) =*61,98€(VAT excl.)
- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)

#4.- Shoes Pricing:

- Non EU residents: 260€(VAT excl.)
- EU residents: 330€(VAT incl.)

#5.- Shipping costs, for that group buy I will offer you guys, half price on the shipping costs, so:

- USA & Canada: 17.,5€
- Europe: 10€
- Asia: 20€
- Australia & NZ: 22,5€
- Others: ASK

 

(Ignore the bold, that was me from another forum)

 

I'm chasing the following people:

 

nomfup

kwhunter

etostano

vriche

SouthNarc

Mansfield Stake

lychrychy

Fiestaplatypus

WiredandTried

MonkeyFace

Chogall

 

Cheers!

Alex

post #5965 of 11032

What do you guys think of the brown shoe?This are the new designs in Meermin's lineup

 

 

 

I think I will finalize the design shortly after taking into account all of your suggestions and feedback. Thanks guys! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #5966 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

Hi all, 


MTO Update:


If your name appears below, you need to PM me with the following form, filled out appropriately:


- Full name


- Email address or Paypal address


- Shipping address


- UK sizing


- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)


- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.




#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:




- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)


- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) =*61,98€(VAT excl.)


- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)




#4.- Shoes Pricing:




- Non EU residents: 260€(VAT excl.)


- EU residents: 330€(VAT incl.)




#5.- Shipping costs, for that group buy I will offer you guys, half price on the shipping costs, so:




- USA & Canada: 17.,5€


- Europe: 10€


- Asia: 20€


- Australia & NZ: 22,5€


- Others: ASK


(Ignore the bold, that was me from another forum)


I'm chasing the following people:


nomfup
kwhunter
etostano
vriche
SouthNarc
Mansfield Stake
lychrychy
Fiestaplatypus
WiredandTried
MonkeyFace
Chogall

Cheers!


Alex

Hi Alex, it'd be nice if you can send us a confirmation once you have collected all the information. Since I joined to MTO program at a very late stage, so I am not sure whether I am in or not (though I pm-ed you all the order detail). Thank you.
post #5967 of 11032
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What do you guys think of the brown shoe?This are the new designs in Meermin's lineup




I think I will finalize the design shortly after taking into account all of your suggestions and feedback. Thanks guys!

I believe that design is available in the existing LM collection, but in the NR last? (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2353). Guess the differences lie in the Olfe last being used here! I like it, just a little unsure if I'd prefer a plain toe over a punched toe happy.gif
post #5968 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon_id View Post


Hi Alex, it'd be nice if you can send us a confirmation once you have collected all the information. Since I joined to MTO program at a very late stage, so I am not sure whether I am in or not (though I pm-ed you all the order detail). Thank you.


Hi mate,

 

Sorry for not PM'ing back. I literally had to wade through 30 PM's. I'm getting a good dozen PM's a day, so sometimes I forget to PM back confirmation. I've got all your details, thanks. 

 

What I'm doing is using a spreadsheet, with each person having a page. The form sits there, and when I get their details, I update that person's form, and colour coding the spreadsheet so I know I've got them up to date. 

 

Anyway, still chasing a lot of people!

Cheers,

 

Alex

post #5969 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post


Hi mate,

Sorry for not PM'ing back. I literally had to wade through 30 PM's. I'm getting a good dozen PM's a day, so sometimes I forget to PM back confirmation. I've got all your details, thanks. 

What I'm doing is using a spreadsheet, with each person having a page. The form sits there, and when I get their details, I update that person's form, and colour coding the spreadsheet so I know I've got them up to date. 

Anyway, still chasing a lot of people!


Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the feedback and I really appreciate your coordinating on this MTO re-run.
Looking forward your instruction to proceed for the next step.
Thanks.

TL
post #5970 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post


Hi mate,

Sorry for not PM'ing back. I literally had to wade through 30 PM's. I'm getting a good dozen PM's a day, so sometimes I forget to PM back confirmation. I've got all your details, thanks. 

What I'm doing is using a spreadsheet, with each person having a page. The form sits there, and when I get their details, I update that person's form, and colour coding the spreadsheet so I know I've got them up to date. 

Anyway, still chasing a lot of people!


Cheers,

Alex

Hahaaaa! Fun innit? And I only had 15 to deal with!

I'm stealing your spreadsheet idea!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes