Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 397
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5942 of 134755/18/13 at 6:12pmJust from a quick try on one of them has creased just behind the toecap from the welt to about an inch and a half up. Dread to think how it'll progress with actual wear! On a positive note I brushed out the slight transit scuffs and aside from the toes being pretty dark (burnished?) They look amazing. Might also be too big tho. Feck!!post #5943 of 134755/18/13 at 6:57pmpost #5944 of 134755/18/13 at 7:02pmSadly I could not get the sizing right which means I will stay away from future MTO. My hat goes off to TerrorSquad for organizing all of this. I may still join the chukka order, I figure I can order half a size larger and wear it with thicker socks. Good luck with that plum museum calf I would definitely recommend that you guys avoid perforations and stick with plain toes either Carmina Adelaide or plain toe monk.
I sold my Hiros already so there is a happy ending.post #5945 of 134755/18/13 at 7:30pmpost #5946 of 134755/18/13 at 9:46pmpost #5947 of 134755/18/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
I had that on the side of mine even before trying on, think leather wasn't properly stretched out? Kind of hard to see exactly but close to the center
Can't complain for 260 eurospost #5948 of 134755/18/13 at 11:13pm
Could be, or it could be the improper parts of the leather hide were used.
Not a big deal for the price and it isn't visible from 3 feet away. But then beyond certain price point or if its a bespoke pair, I would definitely demand a remake. Yes I do expect perfection.
p.s., you can really see how they didn't have enough seam allowance at the end/edge of the toe cap.
p.s.s., the insole dimples are gone for this museum calf MTO; instead there's nail holes. insole dimples were apparent in my previous MTO from last year about the same timeframe and very apparent in my other hand welted shoes (JLP)
Edited by chogall - 5/18/13 at 11:30pmpost #5949 of 134755/19/13 at 3:39ampost #5950 of 134755/19/13 at 4:09ampost #5951 of 134755/19/13 at 4:23amQuote:
This is the thing. Sometimes you get odd creasing, especially along the side, if the welting/soling is uneven - often squeaks too. But creasing like this behind to toe cap looks like a sizing issue.
It's funny, I was just reading something on "Put This On" (new to me) about going up a size if a shoe is too narrow, as if that were a good thing. The problem is usually exactly as above. Many times we read "size up on the XYZ last as it fits small", and maybe that's the case. But I think it's often that the last, especially in high-end English brands, and Meermin's Linea Maestro, is just too narrow for your foot.post #5952 of 134755/19/13 at 4:51ampost #5953 of 134755/19/13 at 5:15ampost #5954 of 134755/19/13 at 5:20ampost #5955 of 134755/19/13 at 6:29am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 42 seconds ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 4 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...