Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 397
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5942 of 144415/18/13 at 6:12pmJust from a quick try on one of them has creased just behind the toecap from the welt to about an inch and a half up. Dread to think how it'll progress with actual wear! On a positive note I brushed out the slight transit scuffs and aside from the toes being pretty dark (burnished?) They look amazing. Might also be too big tho. Feck!!post #5943 of 144415/18/13 at 6:57pmpost #5944 of 144415/18/13 at 7:02pmSadly I could not get the sizing right which means I will stay away from future MTO. My hat goes off to TerrorSquad for organizing all of this. I may still join the chukka order, I figure I can order half a size larger and wear it with thicker socks. Good luck with that plum museum calf I would definitely recommend that you guys avoid perforations and stick with plain toes either Carmina Adelaide or plain toe monk.
I sold my Hiros already so there is a happy ending.post #5945 of 144415/18/13 at 7:30pmpost #5946 of 144415/18/13 at 9:46pmpost #5947 of 144415/18/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
I had that on the side of mine even before trying on, think leather wasn't properly stretched out? Kind of hard to see exactly but close to the center
Can't complain for 260 eurospost #5948 of 144415/18/13 at 11:13pm
Could be, or it could be the improper parts of the leather hide were used.
Not a big deal for the price and it isn't visible from 3 feet away. But then beyond certain price point or if its a bespoke pair, I would definitely demand a remake. Yes I do expect perfection.
p.s., you can really see how they didn't have enough seam allowance at the end/edge of the toe cap.
p.s.s., the insole dimples are gone for this museum calf MTO; instead there's nail holes. insole dimples were apparent in my previous MTO from last year about the same timeframe and very apparent in my other hand welted shoes (JLP)
Edited by chogall - 5/18/13 at 11:30pmpost #5949 of 144415/19/13 at 3:39ampost #5950 of 144415/19/13 at 4:09ampost #5951 of 144415/19/13 at 4:23amQuote:
This is the thing. Sometimes you get odd creasing, especially along the side, if the welting/soling is uneven - often squeaks too. But creasing like this behind to toe cap looks like a sizing issue.
It's funny, I was just reading something on "Put This On" (new to me) about going up a size if a shoe is too narrow, as if that were a good thing. The problem is usually exactly as above. Many times we read "size up on the XYZ last as it fits small", and maybe that's the case. But I think it's often that the last, especially in high-end English brands, and Meermin's Linea Maestro, is just too narrow for your foot.post #5952 of 144415/19/13 at 4:51ampost #5953 of 144415/19/13 at 5:15ampost #5954 of 144415/19/13 at 5:20ampost #5955 of 144415/19/13 at 6:29am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 13 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...