or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 382

post #5716 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


PM'd you

 

many thanks, mate!

Dear fellow #menswear enthusiasts!

Seen the recent MTO museum calf leather Meermin oxford? Pictures here (
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-carmina-2nd-brand/5640#post_6344378)

 

Did you, like me, miss out on the last MTO and are now kicking yourself?

 

Fear not friends, for salvation is upon us! Simply post your interest here, and we will attempt to rustle up the 25 pairs required for Pepe to do his magic and provide us with amazing shoes at an amazing price. 

 

Price is 360 euro inc shoe trees, toe caps and postage to the UK, and includes the 21% VAT. 

 

I'm planning making the MTO identical to the last run. So museum calf, purple leather interior, etc. 

 

I would also be interested in seeing what level of interest exists for museum calf belts? Please post if interested. 

 

So, sign up, and I'll PM you to take your details. Once I've got 25 orders, I'll pass them on to Pepe and we can all sit and wait eagerly!

 

So far we have:

PapaRubbery

Joiji

Non-SF user #1

Non-SF user #2

 

And many more I hope in the future! 

 

Cheers!

Alex

post #5717 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

many thanks, mate!

Dear fellow #menswear enthusiasts!


Seen the recent MTO museum calf leather Meermin oxford? Pictures here (

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-carmina-2nd-brand/5640#post_6344378
)

Did you, like me, miss out on the last MTO and are now kicking yourself?

Fear not friends, for salvation is upon us! Simply post your interest here, and we will attempt to rustle up the 25 pairs required for Pepe to do his magic and provide us with amazing shoes at an amazing price. 

Price is 360 euro inc shoe trees, toe caps and postage to the UK, and includes the 21% VAT. 

I'm planning making the MTO identical to the last run. So museum calf, purple leather interior, etc. 

I would also be interested in seeing what level of interest exists for museum calf belts? Please post if interested. 

So, sign up, and I'll PM you to take your details. Once I've got 25 orders, I'll pass them on to Pepe and we can all sit and wait eagerly!

So far we have:

PapaRubbery
Joiji
Non-SF user #1
Non-SF user #2

And many more I hope in the future! 

Cheers!


Alex

make it a double monk and I am in:slayer:
post #5718 of 10189
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

many thanks, mate!

Dear fellow #menswear enthusiasts!

Seen the recent MTO museum calf leather Meermin oxford? Pictures here (
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-carmina-2nd-brand/5640#post_6344378)

 

Did you, like me, miss out on the last MTO and are now kicking yourself?

 

Fear not friends, for salvation is upon us! Simply post your interest here, and we will attempt to rustle up the 25 pairs required for Pepe to do his magic and provide us with amazing shoes at an amazing price. 

 

Price is 360 euro inc shoe trees, toe caps and postage to the UK, and includes the 21% VAT. 

 

I'm planning making the MTO identical to the last run. So museum calf, purple leather interior, etc. 

 

I would also be interested in seeing what level of interest exists for museum calf belts? Please post if interested. 

 

So, sign up, and I'll PM you to take your details. Once I've got 25 orders, I'll pass them on to Pepe and we can all sit and wait eagerly!

 

So far we have:

PapaRubbery

Joiji

Non-SF user #1

Non-SF user #2

 

And many more I hope in the future! 

 

Cheers!

Alex

 

 

ive been mirin them the start. unfortunately no more spending this month for me :(

post #5719 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post


make it a double monk and I am in:slayer:

 

Sorry mate, sticking to the original MTO for the moment. If Pepe was willing however, you may be able to get a double monk MTO using the same leather. I believe the 25 minimum order amount is simply to make buying the leather feasible. I'm not sure there would be any issue using that leather to make DM's?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolvadex View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

ive been mirin them the start. unfortunately no more spending this month for me :(

 

Haha, mate at the rate this all happens, you wouldn't be parting with cash for a few weeks at least! 

post #5720 of 10189

Oh this is aggressively tempting.

post #5721 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Some interesting information: According to the Swedish men's style site Manolo ( http://www.manolo.se/artiklar/artikel/20130515/trunkshow-i-stockholm-del-i-meermin ), who visited the Meermin/SC trunk show in Stockholm two weeks ago, the fact that Meermin is having problems with long waiting times is not due to lack of production capacity in the factory. Apparently they can produce even more shoes than today without a lack in quality. The problem is instead financial, they don't have the financial bufferts to expand production at the time (whatever that means). But Pepe says that they are working on a solution, and that already this fall there will be major improvements in the waiting periods for ordered shoes that isn't in stock.

Also they are planning to open up show rooms in some cities around the world to let people be able to try on their shoes and last in a better way. There won't be large stocks of shoes in the stores, the majority of the businesses will be orders. Which other cities besides Stockholm that they are looking at I don't know though.


Thanks for the info, would be very nice with a local show room to be able to try out size and last!

post #5722 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

Oh this is aggressively tempting.

 

I can make it intimidatingly tempting if you'd like? 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you don't join this group order, I will hunt for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. 

 


lol8[1].gif

post #5723 of 10189
Would it be just 260 Euros for the shoe itself, w/o trees & taps? Pardon me if this has been answered before!
post #5724 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

I can make it intimidatingly tempting if you'd like? 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If you don't join this group order, I will hunt for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. 

 


lol8%5B1%5D.gif

 

Blimey. If I print this off and show it to my girlfriend she's bound to understand! biggrin.gif

post #5725 of 10189

They actually already have them but you can't order them online. They sell them in their Madrid store.

Email Luisa directly and arrange your purchase with her. Below is a picture that she sent to me.

 

I'm in the process of getting my money to buy a pair myself! biggrin.gif

post #5726 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee View Post

Would it be just 260 Euros for the shoe itself, w/o trees & taps? Pardon me if this has been answered before!

 

And probably without postage. I'm not 100% on that however, so maybe some of the MTO owners might be able to clear that up. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

 

Blimey. If I print this off and show it to my girlfriend she's bound to understand! biggrin.gif

 

Do whatever it takes to get your hands on these, my friend!

post #5727 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaRubbery View Post

 

So far we have:


PapaRubbery

Joiji

Non-SF user #1 (SG)

Non-SF user #2 (TK)

Non-SF user #3 (T)

Non-SF user #4 (H)

Non-SF user #5 (PG)

 

Just thought I'd bump with the additional people I found interested in this outside of SF. 


At this rate we'll be ordering in days :D

post #5728 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post


 I'm not sure who, on the thread, is saying that sleek and narrow lasts always look better.

 

Meermin is who - as least I think that was the point.  Their Linea Maestro line are only available in a very narrow last (aside from the more expensive Norwegian and cordovan sub-lines).  In contrast, their cheaper lines are available in a wider variety of shapes.  They are by no means the only maker offering ever-longer and narrower lasts as the price and specs increase (yes, I mean you, Messrs G&G!), but they are certainly one of them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

But here, we have a pair of whole cuts with hatch grain, a printed calf leather.  Not the best quality leather, nor the most expensive ones, nor is it suitable for patine work or mirror shine.  It is, to me, akin to using Cordovan leather to construct a pair of embroiled house slipper.  Not the best choice IMHO.

 

Too true.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds cordovan slippers somehow amusing (now boys, make sure you don't get that extra-thick, extra-strong, extra impermeable shoe out in the wet now!).

post #5729 of 10189
Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee View Post

Would it be just 260 Euros for the shoe itself, w/o trees & taps? Pardon me if this has been answered before!
The shoe alone is €260 for those outside the VAT rip off zone (based on original MTO price in 12/12) The eurozone price was 330 plus 20 shipping and 10 for toe taps (half normal price)
post #5730 of 10189

^^ Or another way to look at it~: 21% Spanish VAT removed from 360 gives you 297.52 Euros including taps and trees, but shipping costs may vary!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes