or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 374

post #5596 of 11032

you wont be able to strip aniline dyed through and drum press coated leather such as museum calf with renovator or other stronger wax stripper.

post #5597 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by table21 View Post

Damn, how did you guys get the meermin's in museum calf?

I would also like to know..
post #5598 of 11032

It was a group buy.

post #5599 of 11032

Got the UPS shipping email.  But when used, it says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

 

:(

 

Guess more waiting for me...

post #5600 of 11032

This may be nitpicky, but how come Meermin doesn't move the imprint on the bottom of the sole? After a few wears, all of that gets scratched off and disappears. Or do you all wear shoe taps to prevent this from happening? I'm kind of sad that there is no more imprint on my double monks anymore.

 

Was hoping that the Museum MTO would be different since it's a LM shoe and maybe they would've imprinted it somewhere else like other shoemakers do so it won't disappear after a few wears.

post #5601 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Got the UPS shipping email.  But when used, it says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

frown.gif

Guess more waiting for me...

same here censored.gif
post #5602 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Got the UPS shipping email.  But when used, it says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

frown.gif

Guess more waiting for me...

Not even had that!!
post #5603 of 11032

Received my pair today. Got hit by duties (RM153, about $50) because Meermin declared the package with the full value of 260 euros.

 

Pictures to come later (high-res).

post #5604 of 11032

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hastily slipped them on to gauge the fit, and from that one time they seem to fit me quite similarly to a pair of Vass U last shoes. Snug, but not tight. I believe they'll break in very nicely.

 

Haven't scrutinised much but they look stellar, and I really couldn't ask for any more.

 

Now I just need a special occasion to wear them...

 

 

Huge shout out to terrorsquad for organising this. I really, really appreciate what you've done, and the next time we meet lunch's on me!

post #5605 of 11032

They look stunning - very jealous!

post #5606 of 11032
Zarium, they look awesome!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll take a few pics of mine soon.For those who have not yet received any form of notification by tomorrow, please PM me and i'll sort it out with Pepe ASAP.

Looking forward to organizing the next MTO special order with Meermin (in the works actually); hope the next group is as awesome as the group that participated in the museum calf MTO biggrin.gif
post #5607 of 11032
They really need to give us that inca leather in LM:)
post #5608 of 11032
Looks like there are no issues with the leather on the cap. Great photos. For the price paid, I am extremely happy!

Thanks TS!!
post #5609 of 11032
Gents, has anyone with black shoes from Meermin in either line experienced issues with the edge/heel dressing? I got caught in a heavy rain shower and when I got home I gave the whole shoes a wipe over with a damp cloth. To my surprise a great deal of the dressing came off particularly from the heel of both shoes. You can see the brown stacking underneath! Help!?
post #5610 of 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Gents, has anyone with black shoes from Meermin in either line experienced issues with the edge/heel dressing? I got caught in a heavy rain shower and when I got home I gave the whole shoes a wipe over with a damp cloth. To my surprise a great deal of the dressing came off particularly from the heel of both shoes. You can see the brown stacking underneath! Help!?

Just uses edge dressing or shoe cream to re color them. Or if you want to go all out, sandpaper them at 200+ grid before using edge dressing or black dye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post

Received my pair today. Got hit by duties (RM153, about $50) because Meermin declared the package with the full value of 260 euros.

Pictures to come later (high-res).

Olfe last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes