Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 365
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5462 of 134665/6/13 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by MoldyBiscuit
I've been eyeing this pair for a while now. Can someone comment on whether the colour is somewhat darker like on the meermin website or as the photo above? Also, any idea of brands- lasts I can try on to get an idea of the fit would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
That color is accurate when in daylight, but they do come off as dark brown like on the website when indoors.post #5463 of 134665/6/13 at 4:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
My tassel loafers arrived last week, and I finally got a chance to wear them, as the weather is great today! All in all the whole process took 1,5 months.
The loafers look absolutely amazing, the color and suede are very nice. The construction quality is definitely not what you'd expect from €170 shoes, it's much, much better.
The last is a little narrow, especially in the toebox area. They fit a little snug when I put them on this morning, but they've stretched out a little during the day, and they fit perfectly now. If I sized up half a size they probably would've been too big.
Dang now I need a pair of those. Cant decide between the suede and the leather! :( did you pay any duties when they got to you?post #5464 of 134665/6/13 at 4:42pmQuote:
I had a hard time deciding too! I'm sure the leather ones are very nice as well. I live in the EU, so no duties for me, just the standard 21% VAT.post #5465 of 134665/6/13 at 7:15pmQuote:
Ok thanks. I think Im gonna get the suede ones. Do you have any shoes on the Hiro last? Kind of wanted a more sleeker shoe than the Hiro.post #5466 of 134665/6/13 at 8:43pmpost #5467 of 134665/7/13 at 1:27ampost #5468 of 134665/7/13 at 4:15ampost #5469 of 134665/7/13 at 4:25ampost #5470 of 134665/7/13 at 4:54am
Depends on the brand: some makers (C&J, JL, EG and GG) use E as "medium" width, but their lasts tend to be on the narrower side to start with. An Edward Green UK "E" is in my experience a lot narrower than, say, an Allen Edmonds American "D". Perhaps these more upmarket makers equate slim with stylish, and so err on the narrow side.
Others e.g. Church's, Cheaney, Barker, Loake, Grenson etc etc, use "F" as medium and "E" for narrow. Personally I also find Church and Cheaney's "F" on the slim side. Last vary, of course. Oh, and Tricker's shoes come with numbers - 5 is medium, 6 wide, etc. And John Lobb, although they use "E" for medium, then use "EE" instead of "F" for wide. You'll also see FX (Barker for instance), meaning not quite wide, but a generous medium, and EX for a stingy medium. But in general, for all those mid-market brands, "F" is medium and "G" is wide, and unless it's sized American, "E" is definitely narrow. Church's are the only one of those I can think of that even make a narrow "E" fitting as a matter of course.
So it's a bit of a minefield. But I'm pretty sure if Meermin say "E", they mean narrow as in the UK, or medium as in the meaner makers (!), and definitely not wide, as in the US measurements. Anyway, ask them...post #5471 of 134665/7/13 at 5:40ampost #5472 of 134665/7/13 at 6:01ampost #5473 of 134665/7/13 at 6:09ampost #5474 of 134665/7/13 at 6:11am
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Need a vest to go with my wedding suit 41 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...