Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 362
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5417 of 134615/3/13 at 11:22ampost #5418 of 134615/3/13 at 11:30ampost #5419 of 134615/3/13 at 11:53ampost #5420 of 134615/3/13 at 12:09pmpost #5421 of 134615/3/13 at 12:29pmpost #5422 of 134615/3/13 at 8:01pmpost #5423 of 134615/4/13 at 12:20ampost #5424 of 134615/4/13 at 12:59ampost #5425 of 134615/4/13 at 1:14ampost #5426 of 134615/4/13 at 1:45ampost #5427 of 134615/4/13 at 2:49amQuote:
AFAIK, Museum calf is glazed aniline leather that comes finished from the tannery (instead of dyed and finished at the shoemaking factory, i.e., EG, G&G, etc) so the top coating won't easily come off. This is not to say that it won't be finished again by Meermin but its finish will be sturdier.
Why not just neutral shoe wax the welt and stitching? The key is to make sure the threads stay well waxed and flexible, not making the leather soft and pliable. Water is better than Renovator if the latter is the goal.post #5428 of 134615/4/13 at 3:20ampost #5429 of 134615/4/13 at 3:28ampost #5430 of 134615/4/13 at 4:09amThanks. My goal is to condition the leather so that it would crease well over the years. I usually apply renovator (twice a year), shoe cream (twice a month), and occasionally wax the toe and heel.
For the museum calf, I plan to skip the shoe cream as it'll ruin the color texture.
Just unsure if I should apply the renovator or mink oil.
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1410 Active Users (319 Members and 1091 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Advice sought on dinner suit from Chan 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 6 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Navy Blue Wool Blazer Size 42R Two Button 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...