or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 353

post #5281 of 12106

Either way it implies that the sole stitching and possibly the welt stitching too, has not been done correctly.  It simply should not be possible for a gap to appear between the sole and welt of a welted shoe.  I'd send them back.  

post #5282 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Either way it implies that the sole stitching and possibly the welt stitching too, has not been done correctly.  It simply should not be possible for a gap to appear between the sole and welt of a welted shoe.  I'd send them back.  

 

I disagree. Were the gap to continue to widen and the stitching loosen, there would be significant issue, but this looks more like the adhesive used to bond the sole to the welt failing, which is less important. The splits which most people posted in here were very minor, and while it would be nice if they didn't happen, I wouldn't have lost any faith in the shoes construction. Remember, you've got a constant stream of impacts pushing the sole and the welt together each time to step, it isn't going to be an environment which stresses the stitching to any great degree. 

 

All that said, I'm happy to defer and be corrected by someone like DWII if they'd be willing to weigh in. 

post #5283 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

I disagree. Were the gap to continue to widen and the stitching loosen, there would be significant issue, but this looks more like the adhesive used to bond the sole to the welt failing, which is less important. The splits which most people posted in here were very minor, and while it would be nice if they didn't happen, I wouldn't have lost any faith in the shoes construction. Remember, you've got a constant stream of impacts pushing the sole and the welt together each time to step, it isn't going to be an environment which stresses the stitching to any great degree. 

All that said, I'm happy to defer and be corrected by someone like DWII if they'd be willing to weigh in. 

This is my understanding as well. I had the same issue with a pair of Allen Edmonds and both AE and a separate cobbler told me it was just an adhesive issue that did not affect the integrity of the sole.
post #5284 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Anyone had a MTO Jodhpurs with success? Pepe taking forever to follow up as they seem to be swamped with orders atm

I have a pair, it took the "normal" amount of time to get them.
post #5285 of 12106

I'm just going to leave this here.  drool.gif

 

 

 

More new suede shoes on their website! I love their new suede models.

It's a pity they are not LM though.

post #5286 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aieyric View Post

I have a pair, it took the "normal" amount of time to get them.

Thanks, perhaps I should send a follow up as I have no response back yet. Care to share what last / photos your MTO? Do you like it?
post #5287 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankor View Post

I'm just going to leave this here. drool.gif







More new suede shoes on their website! I love their new suede models.
It's a pity they are not LM though.

The oxfords are great!
I have them but in black calf...

R.M.
Www.style-consultant.info
post #5288 of 12106
Update: Luisa offered to have them resoled if I send them back. I'm surprised they replied on a weekend.
Do you guys think I should just have them fixed at a local cobbler with cement glue or ship them back for resoling?
Usually, should I bear the shipping charges?

Thanks for your help guys!
post #5289 of 12106
That's nice...
Then why they havnt replied my email for 2 weeks…
Edited by Ian L - 4/21/13 at 12:27am
post #5290 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

That's the thing, that isn't related to the way the shoe is welted. It's how the welt is stitched to the sole of the shoe. While they may have split, the stitching won't let the sole come off completely. The gap may widen, but the sole shouldn't separate any further than the stitching will allow. In theory at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Tracker, I'd ask a local cobbler how serious it is and how easy a fix but from Meermin you're at least looking at a nice discount off your Mto. (If its not serious enough to merit a return) Fwiw my LMs show no sign of this either

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Either way it implies that the sole stitching and possibly the welt stitching too, has not been done correctly.  It simply should not be possible for a gap to appear between the sole and welt of a welted shoe.  I'd send them back.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerB View Post

Update: Luisa offered to have them resoled if I send them back. I'm surprised they replied on a weekend.
Do you guys think I should just have them fixed at a local cobbler with cement glue or ship them back for resoling?
Usually, should I bear the shipping charges?

Thanks for your help guys!


Ah this is ridiculous, really tempted to email meermin about this as they said sole was fine and would pay a little for repairs or something. My soles split a little more after I emailed then but it's still wearable (classic collection). Just seems quite random how they deal with issues as others got an offer for a new pair during sole split as well and I didn't get anything. Granted $200 isn't asking for a lot of service but it's just rubs me the wrong way with how they deal with different customers
post #5291 of 12106
Luisa told me that the shoes are still fine for wearing as the soles are sewn. I guess technically, the soles won't come off as its being "tied" together by the thread. Right now, the gap can be widen and I can see the inner stiching of the thread that binds the layers. Even if the soles won't come off, this gap bothers the hell out of me. I've bought shoes from Herring and Loakes before and I never had these issues. I paid a higher premium for the linea mastro range and expected better quality. Nevertheless, the service should be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Meermin's are great value for money and would continue to order from them. I got alittle crazy and have another 4 pairs (+1 pair for a friend) of shoes in the making with them. I pray that this sole splitting will be a one off thing and the rest will be fine.
post #5292 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post


Thanks, perhaps I should send a follow up as I have no response back yet. Care to share what last / photos your MTO? Do you like it?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian L View Post

That's nice...
Then why they havnt replied my email for 2 weeks…

 

When I was e-mailing them frequently, there were a few instances where I got no response for a week.  Sometimes it was Pepe traveling, but more than once he said the e-mail got diverted by their spam filter.  My advice is that, if a week has passed, e-mail them again.

post #5293 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

 

When I was e-mailing them frequently, there were a few instances where I got no response for a week.  Sometimes it was Pepe traveling, but more than once he said the e-mail got diverted by their spam filter.  My advice is that, if a week has passed, e-mail them again.

 

Totally agree

 

R.M.

www.style-consultant.info

post #5294 of 12106

I've been trying to talk to this person at info@meermin.es for a couple of days on the subject of making an exchange. The model I ordered is not made by them anymore so I'll have to change into another model, but that's not a problem. The problem however is that it seems to be completely impossible to communicate with this person. She keeps pointing me at the return policy found at the homepage, with my pointing out that the policy says to contact her when making an exchange.


How have you been doing when making an exchange for another model?

post #5295 of 12106
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


When I was e-mailing them frequently, there were a few instances where I got no response for a week.  Sometimes it was Pepe traveling, but more than once he said the e-mail got diverted by their spam filter.  My advice is that, if a week has passed, e-mail them again.

Thanks for your advice sir! However that was exactly what I did… 3 emails sent from 2 different address, even pleased Luisa to forward to Pepe, still no luck… sigh…
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes