or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 351

post #5251 of 11986

Hi Johan,

 

First of all you have to diferentiate between Meermin's lasts. In the classic line they're sewed by machine, the Linea Maestro ones are sewed by hand, and the calfs are quite better.

 

Comparing to Carmina or C&J, it would not be fair to compare the meermin's classic line with these other brands. But if you compare the Maestro Line, the quality on the lasts, the details and the calfs is quite similar with a better price. The main problem that Meermin has on this line is maybe the lack of different models and maybe that most of the shoes are built over the New Rey last, maybe too much narrow for me. 

 

In fact, one of my next articles will be a comparison between my meermin's legate oxford and another oxford I have from Carmina.

 

I share with you the review I did on the legate oxfords from Meermin (New Rey last).

 

http://www.style-consultant.info/2012/10/mostrando-modelo-legate-de-la-linea.html

 

You can translate it into english by clicking on the flags :-)

 

Regards,

 

R.M.

www.style-consultant.info

post #5252 of 11986

Just ordered a pair of classic line dark brown double monks. Has anyone else recently ordered a pair and could potentially advise on potential the wait time? Cheers

post #5253 of 11986
I ordered a pair of suedes in the classic line on april 2 after inquireing if they were in stock i my size - which they were according to Lisa. she said they would ship within a week. But so far, all I can see is that they were introduced to their system on the 9th. So even for items in stock there is some delay. My best bet is anything less than a month is unusual
post #5254 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by styleconsultant View Post

Hi Johan,

 

First of all you have to diferentiate between Meermin's lasts. In the classic line they're sewed by machine, the Linea Maestro ones are sewed by hand, and the calfs are quite better.

 

Comparing to Carmina or C&J, it would not be fair to compare the meermin's classic line with these other brands. But if you compare the Maestro Line, the quality on the lasts, the details and the calfs is quite similar with a better price. The main problem that Meermin has on this line is maybe the lack of different models and maybe that most of the shoes are built over the New Rey last, maybe too much narrow for me. 

 

Regards,

 

R.M.

www.style-consultant.info

 

Hi R.M.

 

Don't worry, I understand spanish to some extent smile.gif and don't need to translate it. Good posts, informative and comprehensive. 

 

Is there any way that you could coerce Pepe and have him add more models in brown calf to their RTWselection? cool.gif

 

Kind regards,

Johan.

post #5255 of 11986

Greetings Gents-

 

Long time lurker here with a question regarding one of Meermin's lasts, The Elton.  I came across it on Ebay (link below) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular last since I did not see it listed on the company's website.  

 

I'm somewhat skeptical about the listing which is why I chose to pose the question to the community.

 

Many thanks,

 

Val

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Mallorca-Classic-collection-goodyear-welted-cap-toe-double-monk-65UK-/251259104093?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a8035ab5d

post #5256 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post

I'm looking for consensus on the following options: Kent Wang bench-grade shoes versus Meermin in general. I like that Meermin offers a MTM at a reasonable cost. My concern is whether the quality of Meermin (though very high rivals Kent Wang's bench grade shoes).

I'm also curious to know how these two brands stack up against each other in terms of craftsmanship, value, etc.. 

post #5257 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post

 

Hi R.M.

 

Don't worry, I understand spanish to some extent smile.gif and don't need to translate it. Good posts, informative and comprehensive. 

 

Is there any way that you could coerce Pepe and have him add more models in brown calf to their RTWselection? cool.gif

 

Kind regards,

Johan.

 

Hi Johan,

 

I'm in contact with him to write an interview for the blog, but I don't know if I have so much influence!

 

However, I know that they're working on new models to fix the low options they offer right now.

 

R.M.

www.style-consultant.info

post #5258 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by itraxx View Post

Just ordered a pair of classic line dark brown double monks. Has anyone else recently ordered a pair and could potentially advise on potential the wait time? Cheers

Mine just arrived in Newark according to Fedex. I placed my order on March 12.
post #5259 of 11986

Does anyone know anything about J A Ramis shoes? They seem to be a meermin second brand only available in Japan

post #5260 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val720 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post

I'm looking for consensus on the following options: Kent Wang bench-grade shoes versus Meermin in general. I like that Meermin offers a MTM at a reasonable cost. My concern is whether the quality of Meermin (though very high rivals Kent Wang's bench grade shoes).

I'm also curious to know how these two brands stack up against each other in terms of craftsmanship, value, etc.. 

Thirded! I'm very much on the fence between the two brands. Although I'd like to bring up the comparison between Kent Wang's handgrade (specifically, the brogues http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html in brown) and Meermin's Linea Maestro (specifically, model 102461 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2723 but in dark brown, which could also be described as model 102390 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2353 but on the olfe last, which according to Al in Philly's exchange with Pepe, will hopefully be available soon as a regular model instead of MTO).

post #5261 of 11986

Getting itchy on the Phillip II MTO.

post #5262 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Getting itchy on the Phillip II MTO.
You plus 44 others!
post #5263 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

You plus 44 others!

Did you really drum up 44 people for an mto just on SF alone ? Impressive icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5264 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

Did you really drum up 44 people for an mto just on SF alone ? Impressive icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Not me! I got a paltry 13 orders. (With one pending!)
Terrorsquad's the man on point for the Phillip II. Tho to be fair, its such an awesome makeup I think he could have doubled that number
post #5265 of 11986
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

Getting itchy on the Phillip II MTO.

I think they will ship in the next two weeks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes