or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 341

post #5101 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

I think the US charges duty too, but apparently not on a regular basis like Canada; they charged me duty on a EUR40 purchase recently

Over $200 value will be subjected to random custom inspections/duties. 8%+FedEx ransome
post #5102 of 11610

thanks again --

do they charge taxes on top of duties like they do in Canada?

if so...shipping to Chicago doesn't seem like much of a better option!

post #5103 of 11610

Guys,

I am again starting to get seriously worried about my order, especially since it's literally a month(!) since I paid... I don't want to wait for a regular, classic line order more than 3 months. How are your orders from this year looking so far?

 

Let me give you the history - I exchanged couple emails with Louisa in January, who stated waiting time 30 days. I expected it would be double but still, my expectations were exceededffffuuuu.gif.

 

- The order was initiated 23rd Jan.

 

- 30 working days later (4th March), I asked what was going on and Louisa told me that they would advise me when the shoes are ready.

 

- 7th March I was asked to pay with a statement that my shoes would be ready in 10 days, I paid and received an invoice the next day...

 

- Today, it's frickinn' 7th of April and I am still waiting. Is it normally that bad?

 

Last week, I made another fuss asking if there was any problem with the shoes. I have received the following answer:

 

"Dear Ondrej,

We have had in Spain a strike of transport,
the holidays of Easter Week and everything it has been late.
We don't have any problem with the shoes.

Excuse for all these inconveniences.

Respectfully,

Luisa"

 

OMG, how long can you be on strike AND holiday in Spain?

post #5104 of 11610
Quote:
OMG, how long can you be on strike AND holiday in Spain?
A looooooong time
post #5105 of 11610
It's called a siesta.
post #5106 of 11610
You guys need to understand that the Museum-Calf-Group-MTO has priority over any other orders ;-)
post #5107 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

You guys need to understand that the Museum-Calf-Group-MTO has priority over any other orders ;-)

 

Can I buy that museum calf, as in just the leather? I need to drape it over me at all times. It's frickin' awesome. 

post #5108 of 11610

These shoes in Tobacco (look a lot like this snuff). The color of the lining. Help me choose. Purple, navy, dark brown, something else? I'm constantly visualizing purple...

 

post #5109 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjin View Post

thanks again --

do they charge taxes on top of duties like they do in Canada?

if so...shipping to Chicago doesn't seem like much of a better option!

Bottom line: if you want top quality shoes, you have to bear the costs.   Otherwise, check Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew for chinese made Pradas and Guccis.

post #5110 of 11610
No more takers for this group?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YKt1BYEoVuI/T3MixA0BrNI/AAAAAAAAA6A/LnzqYQmtEgs/s1600/RobertsBalmoral+Boot.jpg
post #5111 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Bottom line: if you want top quality shoes, you have to bear the costs.   Otherwise, check Harry Rosen and Holt Renfrew for chinese made Pradas and Guccis.

Without a doubt.  I'm just trying to figure it all out once and for all so that I have one less thing to worry about with my future purchases!

thanks again!

post #5112 of 11610

How long does Meermin usually take? I ordered loafers on March 16, and I haven't heard anything about the process since then. All I see is order initiated on March 22. Does that mean they're still working on my shoes? 

post #5113 of 11610
.
Edited by zaxer - 4/7/13 at 2:41pm
post #5114 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

How long does Meermin usually take? I ordered loafers on March 16, and I haven't heard anything about the process since then. All I see is order initiated on March 22. Does that mean they're still working on my shoes? 

waited my ones over 2 months from order ... worth every single second of it...

 

they're having problems with huge amount of orders and they want to keep quality high ... so if you're unlucky they don't have your model ready you have to wait for them confused.gif

 

is indeed frustrating but in the end you really get amazing stuff for the price you 'd buy a shitty pair of prada that last 3 monts on a 70% sale!

post #5115 of 11610
Quote:
Originally Posted by totolino85 View Post

waited my ones over 2 months from order ... worth every single second of it...

 

they're having problems with huge amount of orders and they want to keep quality high ... so if you're unlucky they don't have your model ready you have to wait for them confused.gif

 

is indeed frustrating but in the end you really get amazing stuff for the price you 'd buy a shitty pair of prada that last 3 monts on a 70% sale!

 

I'm curious. What did you order and what other brands and/or manufacturers are you comparing with? A shoe from Prada needn't necessarely be of bad quality (depending on who makes them) and at a 70% markdown, aren't we looking at something that is potentially better than Meermin?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meermin Mallorca Shoes