I take an E shoe and prefer a bit of extra width in the toe box. Do you think Hiro last is going to be the best fit for me? I am going to put in a first trial order from the classic collection. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 336post #5027 of 153824/1/13 at 1:23amQuote:
If you like a bit more room, you might try something using the Ama last then see how that feels. At the worst you have a roomy shoe instead of a pair that's too tight.post #5028 of 153824/1/13 at 11:05ampost #5029 of 153824/1/13 at 1:15pmpost #5030 of 153824/1/13 at 1:20pmpost #5031 of 153824/1/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
Those are both gorgeous.
I can't afford so many shoes. How much do these run? I keep buying Carminas. Need to try some of these.post #5032 of 153824/1/13 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by konda
You, dear sir, are yet a young member on SF. You will soon enough realize you have a passionate relationship to double monks, split toes and navy bluchers with purple lining. Be patient. You'll get there. You will also discover that Scottish weather is no reason to not wearing suede.
Agreed. Four months ago I was looking for suede single monks under $400 and thought that was a budgetary stretch and a style stretch.
Now I have Carmina Double Monks with toe taps installed. Outside the budget and outside the comfort zone. But the shoes are gorgeous. They let me get rid of my Macy's house brand square toed slip ons.post #5033 of 153824/1/13 at 1:25pmpost #5034 of 153824/1/13 at 1:33pm
Does anyone have any thoughts about oxfords (any brand) that would fit well if a size 8.5 shoe on the Rui last is about the narrowest width and lowest instep that's wearable? My best fitting pair of shoes are 9.5 (US) Santoni Jensens, but they're too long (the toe cap is creased).
Am I basically looking at wide Aldens or Allen Edmonds or what?post #5035 of 153824/1/13 at 2:34pmQuote:
Thank you OJ for your reply.
On another note; can anyone with experience of the Olfe last give a brief description of how you perceive it?
Edit: On a third note; is toe iron installed in a regular purchase (if ordered) and not just in a MTO?
Edited by Silhouette - 4/1/13 at 3:51pmpost #5036 of 153824/1/13 at 2:56pmpost #5037 of 153824/1/13 at 6:08pmpost #5038 of 153824/2/13 at 12:55ampost #5039 of 153824/2/13 at 1:01ampost #5040 of 153824/2/13 at 1:51amQuote:Shame on you! When you selling them?
Nice rhyme BTW! Rey is on the table as the original member involved in this can only wear Rey. Size 13.5 Rey!!!! (Sorry Konda)
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Ciano Farmer green Japanese selvage trousers, sz approx 33 and 35sh 12 minutes ago
- › Sartoriale = Official Affiliate Vendor thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...